Forums are back in action! ×

Workout Music!

Just put together my workout playlist.  Fully stocked with Five Finger Death Punch, A7X, Powerman 5000, Anthrax, and more of the like.  (none of the Bill Weathers or Journey that comes up on my regular playlist).  Just high energy, aggressive music... you know, the stuff that makes you want to fight Persians at Thermopylae or go straight Viking berserker.  My two favorite workout songs right now, Jekyll and Hyde by FFDP, and Throne by Bring Me The Horizon.

So, my question.... what do the rest of you nerds like to listen to during your workouts?  Anything that gets you really psyched?

• Like 1

Nosce te ipsum, es tu ipsum

I like really upbeat dance-y music, so I've used a lot of pop and pop-rock in my playlists. 

When I'm out walking I enjoy podcasts more though.

If it gets ya moving! Never really developed much of a taste for it... out of the bar that is.  Where I learned the secret to dancing is tequila and pretending to have epilepsy. Haha.  Seriously though, some of that stuff really gets the blood pumping.  Especially like a 'club remix' of some songs.

That's pretty beastly,  Love it.

Nosce te ipsum, es tu ipsum

I have been working on building a playlist on Spotify for workouts. Not sure why as I do most of my workouts at the gym and I don't have control of the music there during class. And I don't listen to spotify during strength work, but I digress.

I have some of the songs you mention and things like:

war - Sick Puppies,

Face down - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus,

Judgement - The browning

You're going down - Sick Puppies

Several song from a Russian band Slot

Release the Panic - Red

Several Underoath songs

Bodies - Drowning Pool (perfect 100 burpees music!)

Monolith - Crossfaith

Still working on it. My goal is to create a playlist on my mp3 player that I will call "Burn Out" basically the inspiration of it is if I planned on working out til I had a heart attack what would that sound like?  I do like some electronic music sometimes, but that is a different sort of workout.

18.10 |18.6 | 18.518.418.318.218.116.2 | 16.1 | My Character

Lean out: 4lbs / 70lbs

- - - - - - - - - -

Everytime i have rock music. Its the music i grew up with and for me it has the best beat to train. The songs i listen most of the time when i workout:
Andrew WK - She is beautiful

Andrew WK - Party Hard

Sum 41 - No Reason

Sum 41 - Hell Song (live)

Machinae Supremacy - Through The Looking Glass

Amaranthe - Digital World

Breaking Benjamin - Blow Me Away (HALO 2!!!!!!)

Breaking Benjamin - I will not bow

:moon:  Broadway Bound Theatre TechChaotic Neutral Level 0 Hobbit AssassinTrans And Proud  :moon:

Challenges: (1

Weight loss (325-150 lbs/147 - 68 kg)

8%
#DF0101; background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, 0 0, 100% 100%, color-stop(.25, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.25, transparent), color-stop(.5, transparent), color-stop(.5, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, transparent), to(transparent) ); background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -moz-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -ms-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -o-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); -webkit-background-size: 23px 23px; -moz-background-size: 23px 23px; background-size: 23px 23px; border-radius: 4px;">8%

I'm starting to think I'm a bigger nerd than a bunch of the people here on Nerd Fitness... I work out to the Star Talk Radio and Art of Manliness podcasts!

Easeful, Peaceful, Useful... "An easeful body, and a peaceful mind, allow you to become a useful person" -Swami Satchidananda