Forums are back in action! ×

I am going for a life style change. As a bachelor i was doing pretty good.but after 5 years of marriage I am going the wrong way. I have set a mini goal to get in on the nov 2nd 6 week challenge.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Week #0Food logging: ☑☑☑ Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Week #1Food logging:  Movement☐☐☐☐

Week #2Food logging:  Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Week #3Food logging: ☐☐☐ Movement☐☐☐

Week #4Food logging: ☐☐☐☐☐ Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Previous challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #4.5 #5

Level 3 Lycan Ranger

Workout audiobook: Patriot Games

Looking for accountability buddies: Strava My FitnessPal Moov Google Fit

Good on you man, I'm a first time challenger myself :)

Level 0 Faun Adventurer

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Dumbledore

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Intro | Battle Log1st 6wc

Weight Loss Goal - Starting Weight: 124kg, Goal: 73kg, Weight Loss Required: 51kg total

16.6%
16.6%

Healthy Meals Repertoire - Stage 1, Learn 28 meals

35.7%
35.7%

Cross Post: IHC a local insurace provider offeers a free 'weight watchers' program- Weigh to Health. I posted this in that group to think out loud and get some direction. It fit here as it give background and context for where I whant to go with NF.

I am just starting Weigh to Health- And frankly I am overwhelmed. Mostly my the behavior side.

I got back from and LDs mission and lost 50 Pounds working in a bakery eating what we made. I again lost 30 pounds watching portions and Swimming 3-6 times a week- It was easy to make changes.

Since getting married (5 years ago) and 2 kids I feel like I am not getting traction.

Over the past 2 week I have identified a few things that are sabotaging my progress:
1) I have mild social anxiety and my wife is usually 'the first to arrive then last to leave' an event- to stay busy I eat.
2) When we eat as a family I am 'done' before my 3 year old takes his first bite- I end up having another portion while I help him eat or while we talk about the day. If I eat and leave the table I do well - but am 'avoiding the family'
3) Recipes online are 'horrible'- My wife made a casserole like one my mom used to make. My mom made it with white sauce (milk and flour) The recipe was Cream cheese, sour cream and whipping cream- WAY more fat AKA calories per 3 oz serving.
4) Tracking- I may have made great headway today! Weigh to Health wants tracking throughout the program. I have used MyFitnessPal in the past. How ever I would get very discouraged as I ran out of calories but was still hungry.
4.1) The Dietitian assigned to our orientation has been a huge help! She explained the 'MyPlate' and Exchange Method in extra detail and answered questions.
4.2) I had a hard time finding a way to track AND plan.
4.2.1) For me 'My plate' is really hard to track with but is the best way for managing food when preparing and during a meal.
4.2.2) The Exchange Method is hard to track but Very helpful when at the grocery store
4.3) I think i settled on what to do:
4.3.1) Track with my fitness pal and update the macro nutrient goals with feed back from the dietitian.
4.3.2) Plan and make dinner based on where I am at with Macro nutrients.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4.3.3) Reference the Exchange booklet (and food labels) while shopping to gain an understanding of how a food fits on 'My Plate' and will impact My Fitness pal

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Week #0Food logging: ☑☑☑ Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Week #1Food logging:  Movement☐☐☐☐

Week #2Food logging:  Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Week #3Food logging: ☐☐☐ Movement☐☐☐

Week #4Food logging: ☐☐☐☐☐ Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Previous challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #4.5 #5

Level 3 Lycan Ranger

Workout audiobook: Patriot Games

Looking for accountability buddies: Strava My FitnessPal Moov Google Fit