Forums are back in action! ×

Composer for Games - Excited to join the Rebellion

Hey NF crew,

My name is Jacob and I'm a composer for games based in Seattle. I've grown up taking various forms of martial arts, and a handful of years ago, I helped found the parkour team on my undergrad campus. Buuuuuut, I've been out of the dojo/training for quite some time now and haven't been maintaining the healthiest eating/movement habits as I'd like. Having just recently moved to Seattle, I figured that this transition is a great time to reprioritize my life and make fitness and nutrition my #1 priority and get into shape.

I've been absolutely geeking out over (i.e. binge watching) the Arrow, and really like everything I've read about his training routine (he focuses the majority of his time on body weight training and supplements that with parkour/wing chun). Given this, I just purchased a pull-up bar and jump rope, enrolled in my first parkour class this week, and have reached out to a Sifu at a local wing chun school to ask about their classes. I may or may not have also looked into archery classes... I'm a dork. ;D In other words, I'm excited to focus my time and energy on pursuing the Assassin class, with a bit of Monk mixed in. Considering joining the Nerd Fitness Academy to help keep me on track! Anyone have experience with it?

Having recently discovered Nerd Fitness, everything here really resonated with me, and it's been making me feel super driven to actually make changes to becoming healthier and in the shape that I want to be in. It seems like a fun and supportive community here, so I figured I'd join the forums and say hello!

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Jacob

• Like 2

Composer for Games and Co-Director of the Edinburgh Game Symposium. Bleep bloop!

What a cool job. Welcome to the Rebellion!

I haven't joined the Academy, but I can tell you that even just being an active participant on these boards is a great way to stay motivated and have fun with your fitness. You'll probably want to start taking on the 6-week challenges before long, which are excellent for keeping yourself accountable.

Have fun!

Level 11 Brutish Scoutsassin (That's totally a thing, shut up)

Str: 30 Dex: 26 Sta: 27 Con: 11 Wis: 23 Cha: 18

NerdFitness Trials: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Hellfire Club 4LIFE!

Inspiration comes in many forms. Watch me fumble towards it at Accidentally Inspired.