Forums are back in action! ×

What is a good goal to go along with these?

This will be my challenge for the next challenge...but I do not know what I can add or is it good the way it is?. Maybe this is why I fail challenges a lot, I always want more..I feel like "this is not enough". 

The internet is a wonderful thing, there are many resources for anything you would want to find but unfortunately it can become a distraction & addiction. It can take your time away from things you should be doing. 

My goal is to not waste my time on the internet.

1. Keep track of time used online using chrome app. One thing the app changed that I like is you can now see when you last reset the timer. I will post the top sites each night. 

2. No computer before 5:00 pm each day, Monday-Friday. 

3. Keep track of/limit tv time(& any online gaming like lotro). It will not mean anything if I simply switch out the internet time with tv/gaming. 

I did this a few challenges ago. I used a tracker/timer and chose to spend less than an hour on non-essential things per day. I ended up just avoiding the internet all together for the last week, as well. It can actually be kind of tough, so I wouldn't worry about it not being enough. The only thing I might add, if you have a smartphone, is whether you are checking your email or social apps that way.

• Like 1

I do have a smart phone but it is not a problem for me, it actually helps me not feel "anxious" or "nervous" about getting back to the computer. 

I did this a few challenges ago. I used a tracker/timer and chose to spend less than an hour on non-essential things per day. I ended up just avoiding the internet all together for the last week, as well. It can actually be kind of tough, so I wouldn't worry about it not being enough. The only thing I might add, if you have a smartphone, is whether you are checking your email or social apps that way.

I'm not 100% I'm clear - is this your entire challenge or 1 goal of the challenge.  If it's 1 goal, it's great.  If it's the entire challenge, I think you need to do a bit more.  I wonder what you could do with the time you're NOT spending on the internet?  I know sometimes you help in your family business, but do you have some time for some other activities.  Maybe you can try some different fitness activities, such as a body weight workout, jumping rope, yoga, or walking to the family business?  Can you try to find some fun activities that you do with others?  Is there a NF group in your area that you could join?

• Like 1

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

I was meaning for it to be the entire challenge but I was thinking that too, about it being too little. I can make that just 1 goal of the 3. The others could be workout & drinking more water..or maybe walking....I can also continue with a food log.  The internet goal will help me in doing the other things...it may be hard. I had a coke a cola addiction,which lasted for a long time, a few years ago(I would have like 4-6 cokes a day) now I hardly ever drink one. I went down from like 172 lbs to 160 without changing anything else, once I stopped drinking cokes. 

I'm not 100% I'm clear - is this your entire challenge or 1 goal of the challenge.  If it's 1 goal, it's great.  If it's the entire challenge, I think you need to do a bit more.  I wonder what you could do with the time you're NOT spending on the internet?  I know sometimes you help in your family business, but do you have some time for some other activities.  Maybe you can try some different fitness activities, such as a body weight workout, jumping rope, yoga, or walking to the family business?  Can you try to find some fun activities that you do with others?  Is there a NF group in your area that you could join?