Forums are back in action! ×

I got knocked down, but I got up again...

Rewind to Summer 2014, when I was last fairly active and on track here at Nerd Fitness, feeling happy and on track, getting strong and loving my strength training regime... and then, due to a $hytestorm combination of factors, it all fell apart.  Lots of things went from bad to worse and everything unravelled... fitness, healthy eating, taking care of myself emotionally.  It was rough.  I lost the muscle, gained some fat, and generally gave up.  Ouch! Life hits hard sometimes.  

I've been watching the NF 6-week challenge bandwagons gallop past over the last year and a bit, feeling a bit sorry for myself, thinking, I really ought to get back on that horse, but I'm just not there yet.  Tried a few different attempts to lose the weight I gained - succeeded, gained it back again.  Jeez life.  

Well, a New Year is coming up and that's as good a starting point as any to hop back on that bandwagon.  I remember how proud of myself I felt while I was showing solid progress and meeting some of my challenge targets, and I enjoyed this community a lot while I was participating in it.  So I'm back.  I'm going to try this New Year's six week challenge.  I'll be taking some baby steps but things are on the up and up and a lot of those negative things that dragged me down back in 2014 are no longer part of my life.  So I feel good and ready to get this started again.  See everyone in 2016! 

unicorn.jpg?w=300&h=255

• Like 2

Level: 3 Race: Human-Wood Elf Hybrid Class: Rebel

[STR - 1] [DEX - 1] [STA - 8] [CON - 7] [WIS - 13] [CHA - 3]

4th Challenge

3rd Challenge/Reboot

2nd Challenge

1st (half) Challenge

MyFitnessPal

Rewind to Summer 2014, when I was last fairly active and on track here at Nerd Fitness, feeling happy and on track, getting strong and loving my strength training regime... and then, due to a $hytestorm combination of factors, it all fell apart.  Lots of things went from bad to worse and everything unravelled... fitness, healthy eating, taking care of myself emotionally.  It was rough.  I lost the muscle, gained some fat, and generally gave up.  Ouch! Life hits hard sometimes.  

I've been watching the NF 6-week challenge bandwagons gallop past over the last year and a bit, feeling a bit sorry for myself, thinking, I really ought to get back on that horse, but I'm just not there yet.  Tried a few different attempts to lose the weight I gained - succeeded, gained it back again.  Jeez life.  

Well, a New Year is coming up and that's as good a starting point as any to hop back on that bandwagon.  I remember how proud of myself I felt while I was showing solid progress and meeting some of my challenge targets, and I enjoyed this community a lot while I was participating in it.  So I'm back.  I'm going to try this New Year's six week challenge.  I'll be taking some baby steps but things are on the up and up and a lot of those negative things that dragged me down back in 2014 are no longer part of my life.  So I feel good and ready to get this started again.  See everyone in 2016! 

unicorn.jpg?w=300&h=255

Changing your go-to response to life situations can be difficult. Sometimes it's easier to just start with one thing and work on that.

My life this year has been stress-filled to the max. I did not completely reach my goals, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it and neither should you. Just persist. You can do this.

Oh and...yay MLP! :)

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria