Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

It actually had me thinking. To a degree I've been getting sort of...not arrogant. But..feeling good about myself. Thinking I look good and feel good. Maybe I just needed a reminder and needed my ego taken down a notch.

No! Keep that....that's confidence. When it becomes arrogance, it can be a problem, but feeling good about yourself and the way you look....big pluses! What she did was just a reminder that some women are bitches....nothing else.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Odd. I'm the opposite to most of you. I'm right handed, but my left side is bigger, stronger, more flexible, and less prone to injury. It's like one half is for precision, the other for power.

That's how I am too, the left side stabilizes while the right is doing something more interesting.

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

Surprisingly, I'm right handed and left footed, but overall my left side carries more mass. It's kinda weird an annoying to be honest because I do mostly bodyweight stuff and my left leg carrying more mass means I get skewed development. Oh well, I hope that'll work itself out with squats and deadlifts, which I'VE FINALLY BEEN DOING. :D

I'm exactly the same. I can do pistols with my left leg but I'm still miles away from doing them on my right. Bit annoying really.

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

People who are right-handed tend to develop left-leggedness... Law of balance I suppose :P Even with squats n deadlifts, the unevenness will probably continue; hell, even your abs won't develop at the same rate, which is why a lot of '6 packs' look more like 6 packs with a can or two missing :P

Also: Bruce & icedtrip, I'm usually of the opinion that 'negging' is stupid, but in both your situations, I would probably feel compelled to perform a quick psycho-analysis of the woman in question and lay her daddy issues out for everyone else to see. Both clearly in need of being taken down a notch or two.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Guest Snake McClain
People who are right-handed tend to develop left-leggedness... Law of balance I suppose :P Even with squats n deadlifts, the unevenness will probably continue; hell, even your abs won't develop at the same rate, which is why a lot of '6 packs' look more like 6 packs with a can or two missing :P

Also: Bruce & icedtrip, I'm usually of the opinion that 'negging' is stupid, but in both your situations, I would probably feel compelled to perform a quick psycho-analysis of the woman in question and lay her daddy issues out for everyone else to see. Both clearly in need of being taken down a notch or two.

negging? not familiar with the term.

Guest Snake McClain
No! Keep that....that's confidence. When it becomes arrogance, it can be a problem, but feeling good about yourself and the way you look....big pluses! What she did was just a reminder that some women are bitches....nothing else.
Fixed :)
Better said...

this exchange humored me.

Couldn't agree more for the one I had an encounter with.

negging? not familiar with the term.

It's a Pick Up Artist thing. I don't like the idea of it, but aj_rock's reasoning is to bring these particular girls down a couple notches. The idea is to be the alpha in the situation by making sure the female is below you on a status level. Best done by XKCD:

pickup_artist.png

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Precisely. I guess my argument was more akin to you being the girl from that particular comic than actual negging persay.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Guest Snake McClain
Precisely. I guess my argument was more akin to you being the girl from that particular comic than actual negging persay.

i figured. well i guess if that was her intention it didn't work. because my response was, "alright." and then i walked away.

So for the first time EVER I talked to a woman at a bar. My friends talked me into it. So I went up and said, "hi. I'm Bruce and I think you're pretty. Can I sit and chat with you for a bit?"

She then told me how my hair was disgusting looking and I look like white trash.

That ladies and gentlemen are why I do not and will not ever talk to women again. Seriously. Like what the fuck did I do? Guess I figured out why she was staring at me.

She's a cow. Let her graze in the pasture. There are two types of people in the world - those that think you're hot, and those that are wrong.

Meh. It's easier with guys. Scared me to death at first, but if you go to the right places you can often get to the sex before you even find out his name.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Interesting, Artinum. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time anyone added input into the men's thread that swings for the other team, so to speak. Not that it, strictly speaking, has anything to do with one's level of manliness.

Interesting, Artinum. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time anyone added input into the men's thread that swings for the other team, so to speak. Not that it, strictly speaking, has anything to do with one's level of manliness.

Makes me think of this:

"Neil Patrick Harris is so manly, only another man could possibly satisfy him."

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

Not that it, strictly speaking, has anything to do with one's level of manliness.

I do so believe you are correct, AJ. And, no, the level of manliness is how well you "strive for excellence and virtue in all areas of your life, fulfill your potential as a man, and be the absolute best brother, friend, husband, father and citizen you can be" to quote Brett McKay from Art of Manliness. Which is the best definition of manliness that I have found.

It has absolutely no bearing on anything else.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Guest Snake McClain
She's a cow. Let her graze in the pasture. There are two types of people in the world - those that think you're hot, and those that are wrong.

Meh. It's easier with guys. Scared me to death at first, but if you go to the right places you can often get to the sex before you even find out his name.

to be honest i wish i could be one of those types that goes out looking for just sex. I'd probably be better at that. but my personality won't let me. i just can't seem to do it. wish i could. man things would be easier.

I do so believe you are correct, AJ. And, no, the level of manliness is how well you "strive for excellence and virtue in all areas of your life, fulfill your potential as a man, and be the absolute best brother, friend, husband, father and citizen you can be" to quote Brett McKay from Art of Manliness. Which is the best definition of manliness that I have found.

It has absolutely no bearing on anything else.

That is a great quote.

Hey Bruce, I think the next time you run into a girl who says something like that, you should get really quiet and then speak the following terms very Sternly, "So, it has come to this..." Ha ha ha, sorry, my favorite xkcd comic.

to be honest i wish i could be one of those types that goes out looking for just sex. I'd probably be better at that. but my personality won't let me. i just can't seem to do it. wish i could. man things would be easier.

Honestly, dude, being the guy who wants something more than sex is, IMHO, a good thing. Guys like that are truly the honorable kind, at least in terms of how to treat women.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."