Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

i guess this is where i have to follow my own men's challenge advice huh? *sigh*
I like how Snake is the one that suggested this whole thing, and is the one resisting now :P

Your Challenge! Be a Man and Ask that lovely girl out for a date!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Guest Snake McClain

I'm not resisting. Just don't want to go out asking every randombpretty girl I see. That would be stupid and wouldn't exactly make it meaningful. I want to he sure that I myself have any real interest before I do something stupid. Lol

We are only doing as you asked.

we all badger each other until we grow the balls to say something.

You just happened to be the first one to fall into the role of badgered. We all (hopefully) will be in the same place as you soon enough.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

I'm a woman and I'm writing here , sue me ;)

Bruce , she's keen ! And you might miss out on a great girl . Take a risk mate .

No need to sue.....welcome!

Now, Bruce, allow me to translate what Gem said. :) Pulled from Aussie-Info.com (http://www.aussie-info.com/identity/language/).

"keen - very interested"

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Guest Snake McClain
No need to sue.....welcome!

Now, Bruce, allow me to translate what Gem said. :) Pulled from Aussie-Info.com (http://www.aussie-info.com/identity/language/).

"keen - very interested"

i'm not sure there is enough evidence to prove such a claim. again. she could just be very friendly. one thing i have heard and this is what has me thinking she is, is that if you engage her and she engages back then she is intersted. in this case the walking away and me saying something and sturned around and came back. so...yeah i dunno. but again she could just have been being nice. some people are still nice. even though some say my hair cut is disgusting. lol

i'm not sure there is enough evidence to prove such a claim. again. she could just be very friendly. one thing i have heard and this is what has me thinking she is, is that if you engage her and she engages back then she is intersted. in this case the walking away and me saying something and sturned around and came back. so...yeah i dunno. but again she could just have been being nice. some people are still nice. even though some say my hair cut is disgusting. lol

I understand you there, Bruce McClain. From the other stuff I agree it sounds like she's interested but I was wary about posting "she asked you what you're up to this weekend, go for it!" because I ask my coworkers their plans for the weekend all the time.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

Her just being nice doesn't preclude you from asking her out, so long as it's in a polite and respectful manner.

IDDQD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge

Race: MALIETOA

Class: WARRIOR

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

Guest Snake McClain
but I was wary about posting "she asked you what you're up to this weekend, go for it!" because I ask my coworkers their plans for the weekend all the time.

EXACTLY!

I understand you there, Bruce McClain. From the other stuff I agree it sounds like she's interested but I was wary about posting "she asked you what you're up to this weekend, go for it!" because I ask my coworkers their plans for the weekend all the time.

*Entering briefly* It doesn't count when you're a guy asking this question. My husband asks his co-workers what they're weekend plans are every single week. That doesn't mean he's asking all the ladies out, or giving anyone an 'open'.

It only counts if a girl asks it, because girls tend to play things like that closer. A girl isn't going to ask a single guy what his plans are, unless she's fully prepared to be asked out by said guy. We know that's a risk we take by asking...so it's done on purpose, I swear. But only by girls.

*Leaving now*

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Guest Snake McClain
*Entering briefly* It doesn't count when you're a guy asking this question. My husband asks his co-workers what they're weekend plans are every single week. That doesn't mean he's asking all the ladies out, or giving anyone an 'open'.

It only counts if a girl asks it, because girls tend to play things like that closer. A girl isn't going to ask a single guy what his plans are, unless she's fully prepared to be asked out by said guy. We know that's a risk we take by asking...so it's done on purpose, I swear. But only by girls.

*Leaving now*

Even though I have no basis to stand on with my next sentence i'm going to say it anyway. I'm not sure I agree. It just seems random that she would say that. and she doesn't know I'm single. or...rather i have not said i was.

Even though I have no basis to stand on with my next sentence i'm going to say it anyway. I'm not sure I agree. It just seems random that she would say that. and she doesn't know I'm single. or...rather i have not said i was.

If you're not wearing a wedding ring and you didn't mention "wife" or "girlfriend" in your conversation with her, she's assuming you're single.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Guest Snake McClain
Just ask her out

lol. as said before. when i'm sure that i have sufficient interest i will. even if i'm not sure she does or not.

Guest Snake McClain
If you're not wearing a wedding ring and you didn't mention "wife" or "girlfriend" in your conversation with her, she's assuming you're single.

that and she did ask what my plans were and i said nothing...if i were with someone i would probably have plans for said weekend huh? duh! i'm stupid.

that and she did ask what my plans were and i said nothing...if i were with someone i would probably have plans for said weekend huh? duh! i'm stupid.

Not stupid, just missed a potential opportunity. There will be others, take advantage of the next one!

IDDQD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge

Race: MALIETOA

Class: WARRIOR

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

I think it's fair to say that if you aren't sure if you like her, taking her on a date is a good way to find out.

I'm sure you want us to get off your case, but your 'reasons' for not asking her out are extremely similar to the cop-outs I've been given by other buddies of mine for why they didn't make a move.

Do these sound familiar?

"But I interact with her on the regular! It will make things weird!"

"Oh, that obvious show of flirtfull intent or pointed question? Naw, can't be. How can I ever be sure?"

"Get off my back, I'll ask when I'm damn well ready"

Not tryin to bust your balls mate, but I hear all this and more any time I talk to a guy getting cold feet about a potential female. Risk/Reward analysis says you have so much more to gain by asking her, even if she says no

/end 0.02c

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

I think it's fair to say that if you aren't sure if you like her, taking her on a date is a good way to find out.

I'm sure you want us to get off your case, but your 'reasons' for not asking her out are extremely similar to the cop-outs I've been given by other buddies of mine for why they didn't make a move.

Do these sound familiar?

"Oh, that obvious show of flirtfull intent or pointed question? Naw, can't be. How can I ever be sure?"

Not tryin to bust your balls mate, but I hear all this and more any time I talk to a guy getting cold feet about a potential female. Risk/Reward analysis says you have so much more to gain by asking her, even if she says no

/end 0.02c

THIS.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

Not that I mind the girls posting here, because I really dont. But I love how the girls are all like "leaving now" and then come back :P Girl, since you are reading this, can you do us all a favor. Please realize guys are oblivious sometimes, especially nerd guys, and just be straight forward :P

Guest Snake McClain

Do these sound familiar?

/end 0.02c

fair enough. i plan to chat her up and see maybe ask her to go out when i see her next. there! happy? Geez! The earliest i will see her is tuesday. so let's all just be patient yeah? lol

Not that I mind the girls posting here, because I really dont. But I love how the girls are all like "leaving now" and then come back :P Girl, since you are reading this, can you do us all a favor. Please realize guys are oblivious sometimes, especially nerd guys, and just be straight forward :P

^seriously. so true. all of it. I don't care that the women of nerdfitness read and chime in as long as it isn't on a subject that any of us are sensitive on. peenor things and such.