Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

I'm amazed every day that this thread has not crashed the system.. it messes with the 'read most recent post' on tapatalk

wildross - warriors count tons, not reps

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

I'm amazed every day that this thread has not crashed the system.. it messes with the 'read most recent post' on tapatalk

Not just me then! I find it loses sync with the website. Most threads sync fine...

1. Loren, Snake, you'll make a lovely couple.

2. Skirts and kilts strike me as being members of the same set. Skilts?

3. Church, as a gay man I would be happy to check over your online profile. I can view it from both sides at once...

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Kat, I totally get where you're coming from. I think. Lol. Also, thanks :D that's possibly the nicest thing a technical stranger has ever typed to me :)

Also, I can't do one night stands, or friends with benefits, but if your ever in the market for a relationship-type set up, and find yourself in Alberta, let me know. I can totally do coffee. Or getting slobbering drunk, depending on when you catch me and what your tastes are.

Artinum, I may take you up on that a little later, thanks for the offer :)

Somehow my confidence seems to have been boosted a bit, so I'm not so down on myself just now. I've gotten a few more views and emails have been read, (only a few) though not replied to, but I think the problem is that match is a pay-site, which means that any communication requires payment. For right now I'm going with that theory.

Otherwise, my two backup theories are: 1) I'm so devastatingly amazing that all these girls are intimidated, or, 2) I'm just so darn god-awful that they want nothing to do with me. Lol.

Also, hehe :D I'm a hottie 😁

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

One of our chickens died. And it's probably because we were a day or two-three behind on feeding and watering and shit. Usually my parents do it, but they're on vacation currently, so my brothers and I do it. Now one is dead. Which sucks. Already informed my parents and cleared the body.

But, yeah, needed to get that out.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

New Topic.

I haven't shaved anything but my neck since the start of the month. Who is is planning on (already has) a beard for the upcoming fall/winter? I know there was some discussion of beards a thousand posts back or so, but it is a worthy topic to bring up again.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Hey Smedly.

I noticed you popped up on my Facebook the other day and I just wanted to say hi.

I hope your job at BLM is going well and I hope you are having a good summer!

I'll talk to you soon.

--Derpette--

My biological mother physically and emotionally abused me for my first 7 years (think 2x4 painted red on one side and purple on the other. What color do you want to be hit with).

Eventually got her to admit to beating me to my face. She actually admitted that she would do it all over again. Fortunately for her, my father was standing inbetween her and I or I would have hit her. The only time I have ever truly wanted to hit a woman.

I hated her very much.

I did eventually forgive her.

I have nothing to do with the woman or the rest of that side of the family.

Might not be quite as drastic as your case (mind you this is being written 2 months later) but let her go. It seems that just as you are getting over her, she pops back up and makes things bad again.

That is what I ended up doing. We no longer have any contact and I have no desire to to in any way, shape, or form. I've moved on and am just happy being a single guy trying to get through college in one piece.

Also I can't wait for the whole No Shave November Discussion that is bound to start up soon.

Semper Gumby-Always FlexiblePain is weakness leaving the body.FITOCRACY

New Topic.

I haven't shaved anything but my neck since the start of the month. Who is is planning on (already has) a beard for the upcoming fall/winter? I know there was some discussion of beards a thousand posts back or so, but it is a worthy topic to bring up again.

Usually men wait until november for "No-Shave November", where you grow a beard to promote prostate cancer awareness (OBVIOUSLY).

I'd do it myself, but I can't grow anything remotely aesthetic on my face yet.

And P.S. to whomever was abused by a parental figure, there's plenty of us. 9 years here, took me quite a few years of therapy to instill "Life isn't fair, deal with it. You had shit parents, now you know how not to act.". I'm over it, you should get over it too :)

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

Usually men wait until november for "No-Shave November", where you grow a beard to promote prostate cancer awareness (OBVIOUSLY).

I'd do it myself, but I can't grow anything remotely aesthetic on my face yet.

I've been growing mine for the last couple of weeks but that's only cos the GF is away and she hates it when I'm not clean shaven (much to my disappoointment). I will definitely be doing a No-Shave November this year, although over here in the UK it's more commonly called 'Movember' (as in growing a moustache for November) or 'Novembeard' (for growing a beard) and I think most people I've known do it for testicular cancer charities rather than prostate (but either ways it's good). Looking forward to it because, like I said, I've been growing a beard for about 2 weeks now which is the longest I've ever done. Also did about 2 weeks back in May whilst I was sitting my final university exams. It looks alright after 2 weeks but lacks the fullness, especially on the cheeks. There's definitely too much skin showing through the hair to make it a proper beard so hopefully that will change with being able to do it for at least a month. I've also had interviews to contend with (don't really want to be going to a job interview with a load of unkempt facial hair) but if I'm doing it for charity then they can't really complain :D

(don't really want to be going to a job interview with a load of unkempt facial hair) but if I'm doing it for charity then they can't really complain :D

Yes, they can. One of the reasons a business will hire you or not is whether they think customers will like you. Not so much the "sex sells" thing, but if you don't look good a customer will be less likely to come back, and if you look good they are more likely. Just sayin'.

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

I will definitely be doing a No-Shave November this year, although over here in the UK it's more commonly called 'Movember' (as in growing a moustache for November) or 'Novembeard' (for growing a beard) and I think most people I've known do it for testicular cancer charities rather than prostate (but either was it's good).

You are both partially correct. It's called Movember http://www.movember.com/ and the proceeds go towards prostate Cancer research. Unfortunately it seems to be losing some traction here in Canada although at one point we had one of the largest participating communities.

I did it for a couple years but bowed out last year, I really didn't like walking around looking like a pedophile and my wife made it readily obvious she wasn't a fan

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

I usually go clean shaven, but am considering the Novembeard this year. Thinking of doing a daily shot of the growth. However I will probably shave the neck beard since I'm in project management these days instead of being an engineer who no one ever sees.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

So funny story about Movember/Novembeard. A couple years ago, several of my friends decided to do it. I was going to join them since I had a goatee at the time, but was willing to go to a full beard. I asked if it was ok if I trimmed my beard, since I need to keep a neat appearance for work. They said that it wasn't ok, so I didn't participate that year. Fast forward three weeks and we were getting together for our traditional pre-Thanksgiving friend feast on Saturday. I hadn't shaved since that Wednesday because I was lazy. They were comparing beards and I beat all of them from just three days! No Shave November my merry behind...

Anyway, since I can re-grow my beard in about a week and a half (clean shaven to nice, dark, and full), I'd probably end up with a beard part of the way down my neck if I didn't trim it. I have a full beard now, but I have to trim it about twice a week to keep it looking good...

"Whether or not you can never become great at something, you can always become better at it." -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

"I believe every human has a finite number of heartbeats. I don't intend to waste any of mine." - Neil Armostrong

Current ChallengeCrossFit Open Profile

I saw no reason to wait till November. Besides which, my beard often needs a running start. It didn't start looking decent till a few days ago. Sometimes it bothers me, except most of the year when I'm not trying to grow a beard, when shaving is pretty easy.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Guest Snake McClain

News: I am now in Phoenix with Loren Wade.

@Church: Dude, there is always a risk with being online. I've done it...the thing is you have to know that there is just as equal risk as being in person. The reality is you have to know exactly what you want and are looking for. and do not ever under any circumstance waver from that. keep it locked down. Dont want to date someone with a kid...DONT. there are key things i found on profiles that will give things away. If someone says "no drama" guess what..there is drama. If they say "i want a real man". They don't know what a real man is. just...imagine hearing that person IN person saying those things. how does it sound out loud? Other than that just be yourself. be real.

there are tons of guides online about how to make a successful profile. i dont doubt you can get it man.

New Topic.

I always have some sort of beard. It needs trimmed slightly right now, but it will stay a full beard until Hallowe'en in preparation for No-shave-November. I am considering on keeping a moustache when I shave the beard just because I'm trying to get a good moustache going, and it takes forever for anything to show.

I reckon we should get a NF team going this year!

Second

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

I'm being as real as I can in my profile. I feel that I've crafted a good, honest, appealing one, but I'm wondering if the aspect of having to pay isn't killing my chances. Either way, I'm only gonna give it a few more weeks before I dump the site and find a better one.

Or maybe I'll give up, move to china, become a monk, and learn Kung-fu-Jesus-magic. I'm read good either way.

And I'd totally love to get in on an NF Movember but I'm not allowed any facial hair at work. The plant is going live soon (god I hope I'm not there when they hit the 'go' button! Lol) and we need to be clean shaven so that we can wear a respirator if the need arises. I may take a run at mutton-chops though...

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Let it be known that we are taking very good care of Bruce. :)

(pulls up a stool in front of a raging hearth)

Loren Wade, come hither and tip a glass with me if you will, we've business to speak to, and the air outside begins to chill my bones... autumn is coming afterall...

Now let it be known fair Brothern o' the Man council, we all repects ye and trust ye with our fair cargo, but I feels t'is my duty to let ye know a thing 'er two from what the great expanse expects from ye as well...

Loren, you done a fine job helpin' a brother in need, o're and above us regular mates, so kudos be yore'n my brother. What I needs to speak to ye regards our dear Bruce. Some say he's fragile cargo, but I disagree. What ye gots there, me fellow is a nere more than a tansplanted tree. A Weepin' Willow to be exact, and ye needs to heed to it. Lotsa folks claim Bruce as an oak, proud and strong but I says "ney", "why for?" you may ask "He's a big fellow, stands for what he believes in?", and the answer is simple: When the great wind blows, who bends to the great will o' the weather but doesn't break me hearties? Who's left when all around is chaos and rubbble? The noble Willow for sure. I know we'd all like to be equated to the noble Oak or Maple, proud and strong, dominating the landscape, but ye all know me fellows, that soon after the storm all these mighty trees be found laying horizontal, broken in half by the winds of change, simple as a night repost...take a nap ye fallen soldiers. No, me hearties, our fellow Bruce is a Willow, and sure enough the weeping kind. For simply he wears his heart upon his jacket for all to see, and all the better 'fore I speak it...it's a harsh mark to wear but those of us who are set such ways know that it's "got it's ups and downs". Now the the Black Willow, known to grow proud and strong by the riverside, often cracks in half upon the pressure if a great storm or (in fact) the pressure of it's our greateness, and this is why our fellow is likened to a Weeping Willow, weeping for now but enduring. Nay me fellows, Bruce is a willow, fore after the great storm, when all are wandering lost upon the broke vestiges of what they once knew, the Willow stands tall and strong flowing in the winds of change. Flexible to the will of nature and the better for it.

Now, Loren Wade, this tree prospers under pressure. You already know that it takes nuturing and care (and lots of water ;) ) to keep this noble creature flourishing, but it also requires space. Yes me hearty, depsite yer best intentions to heal and protect our tree, what best concerns our fellow is simply to push it out-of-doors and let it grow roots. Occassionally, ye may need to water as the baking sun gets too hot for an eastern tree, and more-than-a-few-times you'll need to fertilize our friend with advice and some tough-love, but listen close our entrusted friend: This tree needsto be be placed outside to flourish. Protection, feeding, all watering are necessities, but this tree needs to see the sun.

We here at the Man-Council have entrusted you (our most nobel of members) with a great asset, we are confident you will excel in your task, however the coucil are here to assist you in any way you may require.

Please forgive the ramblings of an "old" man (kicks the fire with his wooden leg and resets his pipe), set sail now for the great beyond. Find great adenture with your new transplant, and be sure to keep us all abreast of the great "what to come".

Fare ye well sons of the council, (raises pint) "to greatness!"

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

Woods,

This is what I am referring to. Around the house is one thing. But allowing your 5 yr old kid to wear dresses to school....another matter entirely. This is the article in question: http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/dad-protects-son-bullies-wearing-skirt-guess-works-153600107.html

I am a conservative Christian and [...]

[...] It might be something that we may have to agree to disagree on [...]

[...] I believe there is a difference between between a skirt and kilt due to the cultural and historical significance behind them. Again we may have to agree to disagree.

I tried to walk away from this after the topic change, but it's still troubling me. Not so much for the beliefs expressed (you're basically repeating my parents, after all, and I still love them in the depths of their wrongness ;)), but for the way they're framed.

When I was teaching college students, I often ran across this attitude of, "welp, that's your opinion and everyone's opinion is different, so it doesn't matter." It makes it seem as if your beliefs are aggressively unimportant to you, and it baffles me. I think the call to "agree to disagree" here might have come from a desire to avoid confrontation, and if that's the case then I first want to thank you for the genteel spirit behind that comment. But I don't think it's simply a matter of opinion. The belief that certain behaviors are inappropriate for certain plumbing arrangements is a political belief, because it has actual real life consequences. Some of us refuse to "agree to disagree" because when you registered to vote, you gained political power in matters that have direct implications for our lives or the lives of people we love, and that cannot be dismissed so easily as mere opinion.

I'm also not certain it's necessary to turn such a discussion into a religious one. An astonishing number of social norms are justified after-the-fact with religious arguments as a way to maintain the status quo. And they just don't stick very well. (Don't all those old religious arguments in favor of anti-miscegenation laws sound silly today?) At best, such an appeal drastically narrows your audience (since not everyone here has the religious background to take the discussion there, and even amongst Christians there is disagreement on this front). At worst, it simply shuts down discussion altogether, because now it seems that critiquing your social/political belief about skirts would be equal to critiquing your religion. And no one wants to be That Guy.

As a side note, it's interesting to me that bullying became the focus of the matter so quickly. Nowhere in the father's original article was bullying mentioned -- you have to project our current American fascination with bullies onto his actual story in order to get that. Shame on you, Yahoo News. Doesn't anyone read primary texts anymore?

Wood Elf Ranger

LEVEL 1, It don't mean a thing if I don't hear that ding: My Epic Quest