Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

Interesting, Artinum. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time anyone added input into the men's thread that swings for the other team, so to speak. Not that it, strictly speaking, has anything to do with one's level of manliness.

Heh. I'm fairly open about it, but it doesn't define me. It's something I'll tell people about if asked but don't usually volunteer otherwise.

to be honest i wish i could be one of those types that goes out looking for just sex. I'd probably be better at that. but my personality won't let me. i just can't seem to do it. wish i could. man things would be easier.

I've done the casual sex thing. It didn't suit me. I rather like talking to people and doing things with them that don't just involve, um, doing things. I am attracted to intelligence.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Guest Snake McClain
Heh. I'm fairly open about it, but it doesn't define me. It's something I'll tell people about if asked but don't usually volunteer otherwise.

I've done the casual sex thing. It didn't suit me. I rather like talking to people and doing things with them that don't just involve, um, doing things. I am attracted to intelligence.

In response to point a: good. It shouldn't.

And b: same here. I'm attracted to kind and genuine women who canbhave a nice conversation whilst on a walk (not on a beach though). If someone cantbsit and chat and be engaging in that regard we probably won't go far.

So I know I am not the only one who does this, but do you guys end up falling for your friends that are girls?

Unlucky me, I ONLY ever like girls that I am friends with haha. Perfect record 5 out of the last 5 girls I have liked have all been by best friends (I don't ever hang out with guys) and of course I start liking them like 5+ months after being friends with them, so already friend zoned there (Though to be fair, I friend zone them usually faster than they friend zone me :P) Its strange, because I have like no interest in them at all, we become friends, then after about 5 months bam! out of no where slapped in the face by the metal chair of love (was going to say love stick, but that sounded awkward :D )

Its strange, because I have like no interest in them at all, we become friends, then after about 5 months bam! out of no where slapped in the face by the metal chair of love (was going to say love stick, but that sounded awkward :D )

This is an amazing turn of phrase. I will have to defer to others on the friendzone advice though.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

So I know I am not the only one who does this, but do you guys end up falling for your friends that are girls?

Unlucky me, I ONLY ever like girls that I am friends with haha. Perfect record 5 out of the last 5 girls I have liked have all been by best friends (I don't ever hang out with guys) and of course I start liking them like 5+ months after being friends with them, so already friend zoned there (Though to be fair, I friend zone them usually faster than they friend zone me :P) Its strange, because I have like no interest in them at all, we become friends, then after about 5 months bam! out of no where slapped in the face by the metal chair of love (was going to say love stick, but that sounded awkward :D )

I used to do that all the time. I never knew how to get out of the friend zone. However, in retrospect, I'm pretty sure most of them were signaling to me to take it out of the friend zone, but I was too dense to catch the signals. My advice, sack up and ask her out, she probably wants you to.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Yeah, I've been there. Out of the past 3 exes, 2 were friends before I fell for them. Then, in approximately that same time frame, I fell for one friend of mine that I could have had a chance with long before (didn't know that until after I fell for her and then months later when I got the courage to do anything about it), and I had one that fell for me pretty hard and surprisingly I had no romantic interest in her (I say surprisingly because she was stereotypically what I went for at the time: shorter, little bit of extra weight, real cute, emo, big... ummm... you know whats, and really fun to talk to and hang out with (which was, and still is, the most important thing for me (Yay! Excessive nested parenthetical statements! (I really need to stop this (Maybe I need sleep?)))))

I love the phrase "slapped in the face by the metal chair of love"! Though for me it is more similar to...

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Actually for me, I have the opposite problem, I have female friends fall for me when I'm not interested in them. And they're alright as friend but as a potential girlfriend, I can't do it. I guess I'm one of those rare guys who can be friends with girls and not have interests in them... Weird.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Only once, actually. I liked her and she liked me, but I was too clueless to pick it up. Which is a shame, because it would've been a great experience. I really like where I'm at now though, so that may have been different. Things go how they go. :)

We're still friends, for the record. This was something like 4 years ago (I think).

While we're on the subject of friends and years: I've been friends with one guy for almost 80% of my life now (just one more year). Two others along the same line. </brag>

Does anyone else here barely talk about the things they love with their friends? I'm a lucid dreamer, piano player, bass player and aspiring gymnast. I doubt any of my friends would be able to mention all four (except for the three guys I mentioned, though they're a very big part of my life. I also don't talk girls. With anyone. Ever. Maybe that's weird. Is it?

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

Actually for me, I have the opposite problem, I have female friends fall for me when I'm not interested in them. And they're alright as friend but as a potential girlfriend, I can't do it. I guess I'm one of those rare guys who can be friends with girls and not have interests in them... Weird.

This. I actually find that ~75% of the time I think I might be into a girl and we start hanging out more, she ends up being better friend material than anything else. I spent an entire day with a girl I thought I was into (we had tickets to the same event and carpooled) and by the end of the day I was like, "Huh, I'm really glad we're friends now." Same thing happened on my last first date.

As I still believe is true in prospects of business, friendship, and love...some people just disqualify themselves...

Does anyone else here barely talk about the things they love with their friends? I'm a lucid dreamer, piano player, bass player and aspiring gymnast. I doubt any of my friends would be able to mention all four (except for the three guys I mentioned, though they're a very big part of my life. I also don't talk girls. With anyone. Ever. Maybe that's weird. Is it?

MOST people in the modern world don't actually talk with their friends. So many "best friends" don't actually know each other's hearts.

As for me, I'm a 100% open person. I share freely with others. Most people brush it off or take it and respond briefly, but those who respond by showing their own heart are some of my best friends. I can think of six people that fit that list for me, and a few others I've met more recently that might end up in that category. Being really open and honest with people catches them off guard, but for other people who don't have anything to hide, and are also open and honest, it's worth it. Friendships that aren't that deep are fine, and there can be a lot of fun in them, but often, those are the people that won't drive 90 miles to help you fix a flat or come pick you up at the bar at 2am on a Wednesday morning in the middle of winter so you don't have to walk...probably my number one advice to people entering my University while I was still there was, "be very particular about your association." Good friendship can't be overvalued. It's priceless.

Cowboy - Human Adventurer
STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

I also don't talk girls. With anyone. Ever. Maybe that's weird. Is it?

I don't think it's that weird. I do occasionally discuss girls with a couple close friends, but mostly in an abstract, pining way from my end. Never with any depth or seriousness. However, I had a friend who thought his fiancee was cheating on him, and we had quite a few relationship discussions then.

But I do so so infrequently that I feel slightly awkward even typing about it.

Not that weird at all. Me and 2 of my friends just realized recently how little we actually know each other. We made it sort of a game to find things out about each other. It's been interesting, and we have learned some pretty cool stuff.

Guest Snake McClain

I have fallen for a friend. To this day I have a friend that because I told her about my feelings we don't talk much at all anymore. She is someone that I could honestly see myself with. or at least the TYPE of person she is. she's out of my life now and that sucks but i move on. So yes that's happened to me once. And i have a lot of female friends. Typically it is them falling for me. Even when they are in a relationship. So if I have a female friend who is dating someone i keep a distance for this reason.

If you are into someone who is a friend...ask them out. get it out of the way. If you're into someone who is not your friend...ASK THEM OUT! I think this is advice every man should take.

In fact I think just as we have 6 week challenges regarding fitness. us men should institute a challenge for us single guys. we see someone or know someone we are interested in we all badger each other until we grow the balls to say something. We don't want to live our lives in a passive manner in the fitness realm why then are we doing so in our relationships? why have one without the other? seems silly.

so...who's in?

WHAT SAY YOU?!

In fact I think just as we have 6 week challenges regarding fitness. us men should institute a challenge for us single guys. we see someone or know someone we are interested in we all badger each other until we grow the balls to say something. We don't want to live our lives in a passive manner in the fitness realm why then are we doing so in our relationships? why have one without the other? seems silly.

so...who's in?

This idea makes me nervous. Which means it's probably good.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Cowboy - Human Adventurer
STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

More often than I'd like to admit! 90% of my friends are women. It's hard not to fall for some of them. I've only made a move a couple times in my life, but those times were successful. I haven't tried it again in a long time. I guess the key is knowing if you are their type. If you are close friends with them, you should know whether or not they would be interested in you. I know my female friends quite well, so I know who they'd go for and who they wouldn't, which means I know if I am one they would go for or not.

so...who's in?

WHAT SAY YOU?!

This idea makes me nervous. Which means it's probably good.

I support this! Single Guy Challenge!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Guest Snake McClain
More often than I'd like to admit! 90% of my friends are women. It's hard not to fall for some of them. I've only made a move a couple times in my life, but those times were successful. I haven't tried it again in a long time. I guess the key is knowing if you are their type. If you are close friends with them, you should know whether or not they would be interested in you. I know my female friends quite well, so I know who they'd go for and who they wouldn't, which means I know if I am one they would go for or not.

I support this! Single Guy Challenge!

I AGREE with your bit about knowing their type or not. if you are truly a friend you would know what they want. should be easy.

Challenge should be a go! we need to find a way to orchestrate this!

ALSO a challenge for the TAKEN men (dating, or married or whatever). Okay so instead of just a "peck" whenever you leave your significant other hold a kiss for at LEAST SIX SECONDS! Make it steamy. EVERY TIME! Try that for a few weeks and tell me $#!% doesn't get exciting.

So we now have a challenge for all the men to participate in if they should so choose.

WHAT SAY YOU!? (i had to say it twice)

I'm great with ideas but bad with ushering them into fruition. any ideas how we can kick this off?

I had a similar support system when I was single, it was called copious amounts of alcohol. Somehow I think this suggested tactic is far more likely to succeed (and avoid face slaps/drinks in the face/cops being called) than mine did. Good luck!

IDDQD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge

Race: MALIETOA

Class: WARRIOR

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

Guest Snake McClain
I had a similar support system when I was single, it was called copious amounts of alcohol. Somehow I think this suggested tactic is far more likely to succeed (and avoid face slaps/drinks in the face/cops being called) than mine did. Good luck!

This both made me laugh and cringe. especially when coupled with the homer simpson avatar.

Does anyone else here barely talk about the things they love with their friends?

With my male friends, I usually talk guns, games or nerdy. Very rarely do I talk girls to them, if I do it isn't much just in passing.

With my female friends, I usually talk girls or feelings. They are usually more sensitive and supportive in that regard.

So, I don't really have anybody that I can discuss everything with, but I have a group that I can collectively talk about anything I love.

If you are into someone who is a friend...ask them out. get it out of the way. If you're into someone who is not your friend...ASK THEM OUT! I think this is advice every man should take.

so...who's in?

WHAT SAY YOU?!

Hmmm... I've had some trouble with this. I have stolen one girl from her husband, another from her boyfriend (and a few weeks later from her girlfriend)... And that is just within the past 2 years. But, who knows? I'm in. I just gotta check to see if she's got a ring on. I never remember to check...

I'm great with ideas but bad with ushering them into fruition. any ideas how we can kick this off?
Men's Guild?

*too soon?

Seconded

*seconded the "too soon" too

Haha

No idea how to kick it off though.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

I know, some of you don't want me here, but I couldn't care less. ;)

What about starting a dating-challenge for all the singles here? There have been a few discussions on the topic lately, and I think that we could all support each other no matter the sex/gender/amount of body hair. Not that I need a date. I'd join the steamy-kissing-partner-challenge in a blink of an eye, though. :P

Current challenge | Fitocracy | UnTamedTresses

Elf Ranger Level 10STR - 14.75 | DEX - 16.00 | STA - 26.75 | CON - 26.75 | WIS - 27.25 | CHA - 22.00