Forums are back in action! ×

I'm Lonely

...which isn't to say I don't have friends. Just that most of the people I used to talk to have babies, or have moved, or have some other circumstance which means I only get to see them on special occasions. I'm fine with that, really; I'm a broke introvert, so going out with other people isn't my idea of a brilliant time right now.

What I really miss is having people on msn to talk to. I have about five people on there that I talk to regularly, and they're some of my closest friends, and they're awesome. But they work full time (I'm unemployed atm), and they go to football matches, which means that, a lot of the time, I just have no one to talk to. And I miss that. I do volunteer, so I get out and talk to people regularly; it's just when I'm at home.

So, my question here is, how can I meet people to talk to on msn? Not soul mates or anything big; just people who'll be willing to shoot the breeze at various times. Obviously, I don't want or expect one person to be there all the time - it'd just be nice to have things how they were a few years ago, when I could log in, and there'd always be a few people there to chat to.

I'm thinking of re-opening my OKCupid account, purely for the purposes of gaining msn friends, but I don't think many (if any) other people there would be looking for that, and it just opens the door to so much hassle, considering that I'm currently in a brilliant relationship.

Incidentally, if anyone here wants to add me on msn, I'm KalisJRavel@hotmail.com.

Curious if my MSN account would still work! I used AIM / ICQ primarily for years, and over the past few years have most of my friends on gChat....only a couple people remain on AIM for me.

I'll log on to MSN later and add you :-)

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I hope you find folks to chat with and you are not so lonely anymore. I know the whole thing about friends and life phases suck. I have made sure to keep a small group of friends from different life phases, but it is very difficult to do. Most of my friends live far away, so I know how you feel. I am an extrovert, but I have no problem with silence or being alone, so thats a good thing. Find other things to do to pass the time if you can't chat online. Best of luck!

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

Being lonely sucks :( sorry I am not on msn but I'm happy to be an email buddy!

Thinking about rejoining my local gym to lift on the weekends...they have a special right now. $149 for a year, staffed hours only. Haven't decided for sure though...but that wayI could meet some locals who are into the same thing...since my husband doesn't like to talk about "that stuff."

Good luck finding some new buds!

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I am in the same position, except reversed. I was the one who got married and had babies young while my other friends were (and still are) out doing the college thing. Of course no one wanted to party with someone who had to drag her baby around everywhere. ;) So a lot of my friends and I disconnected throughout the years. But, such is life. I have made a few new friends but they are all "from the internet" and I have never met any of them in real life.

AND I am horrible at making friends. I am painfully shy and socially awkward. It's easier (interestingly enough) for me to be myself over the internet than it is if I am standing in front of you. I tend to want to morph into what I think people might expect me to be when I am standing in front of them.

I am a stay at home mom, so if you need someone to talk to feel free to friend me and talk on NF chat. I don't have MSN though. I'm home most of the day and am at my computer for a few hours while the little guy naps. :)

"resistance is futile."

Well, I'm fairly new to this website although, but if you'd like you can add me. I give you my word, that should you not want to be friends, I'll happily leave you be. I'm on MSN and Yahoo Messenger as kingpin943@yahoo.com.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I hear ya! I have friends too, but somehow it seems like they all have more of a "life" than I do. I recently took up World of Warcraft again to help fill the void, but since I've been here I haven't been on WoW much. I'd definitely be up for a chat, but I rarely get on MSN anymore. If anybody does Skype, you can find me at Floundergirl07. Otherwise, feel free to add me to your chat friends on NF!

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

I am in the same position, except reversed. I was the one who got married and had babies young while my other friends were (and still are) out doing the college thing. Of course no one wanted to party with someone who had to drag her baby around everywhere. ;) So a lot of my friends and I disconnected throughout the years. But, such is life. I have made a few new friends but they are all "from the internet" and I have never met any of them in real life.

I totally feel this. I waited quite a while to get married and have children, but all of my friends are still partying hard well into their 30s. Since my daughter was born, I've slowly lost touch with everyone and the invites to various events have accordingly stopped coming in... That's how it goes. What's doubly frustrating is that it's really hard to make friends with other new/young parents. It seems that everyone is struggling just to make things work, earn enough money, keep extended family happy, etc. As a result expanding the network is next to impossible.