Forums are back in action! ×

Dead Lift Milestone!

that's awesome, buddy. congrats!! shout it from da hillz.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

you should start a video log of DL and other lift PRs... that way your kids (and I) can see a 6'3" beanpole's progression to weightlifting greatness... ;)... congratulations...

here's a guy who's 6'5" 200lbs deadlifting 405... is he about your bodytype?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtsfEA2ilhE

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Hells yeah buddy!

Seems I now have to chase you, be prepared.

Bring it on Seth. I'm always up for some competition. :D

that's awesome, buddy. congrats!! shout it from da hillz.

When I find some hills around here, I'll definitely do that. Would a skyscraper work?

Woooo! Way to go!
Awesome!
Congrats!!

Thanks Mir, weirdquark, wildross!

you should start a video log of DL and other lift PRs... that way your kids (and I) can see a 6'3" beanpole's progression to weightlifting greatness... ;)... congratulations...

here's a guy who's 6'5" 200lbs deadlifting 405... is he about your bodytype?

Yeah, I meant to record it this weekend but didn't go the the gym. I'll do it this coming weekend. And yeah that's a similar body type, although I hope my form isn't quite as bad as that guy's. I do have some videos of me pulling 225 posted a while ago, but that's from about 2 months or so ago. I still wouldn't call myself a beanpole :)

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

That's awesome! High five

High five right back at ya!

Wootness!
Awesome, nice work bigm!

Thanks Lachy, andygates!

Bigm for despot ruler

When I come to power your post will not be forgotten. You will be spared :D

Way to go!! I got 235 x 5 today for a new PR.

Awesome eagles! Can't wait to see how far you go. I hope to be Wooting on your thread in a few months :)

Well Done!

Thanks SIB! I couldn't have gotten this far without everyone here at NF for support and motivation.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Way to go! 10lbs more and you've caught me! Until I test next week that is...

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Hmm... HELL YEAH seems lackluster for how brutally awesome this is.

How about: All hail Bigm!

Or.. this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1788[/ATTACH]

Padawan you are no longer.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Way to go!

Thanks kindle!

Way to go! 10lbs more and you've caught me! Until I test next week that is...

I was gonna say I was looking forward to lifting the same as you but seeing as you already jumped the gun to 405 I'll just have to wait. This weekend I'll be up to 5RM max at 365.

Good job. +400lbs in no time.

Thanks chairohkey! Looking forward to entering your league of dead lifts.

Nice job!! That's pretty awesome.

Thanks Maggie. Hard work and determination leads to great things.

Or.. this:

Bahahahah, Laura! Where you find this stuff, I'll never know. Thanks!

Or.. this:

If I remember, this is becoming my new avatar tomorrow.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Bahahahah, Laura! Where you find this stuff, I'll never know. Thanks!

Hahaha don't you worry.. just sit back and enjoy the awesome :)

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Hey guys! Just wanted to quickly update y'all. Since I didn't video myself lifting 355, I went in today and got on camera for my 365 workset. Video below shows 3 pulls. But I did finish the set right after with another 2 pulls. I blame the wiggly hex plates on the second rep.

Also, notice the excellent chest up cue at the beginning? All thanks to sage advice from the Master of Dead lifts that I got here. I look funny in the gym doing it but it works.