Forums are back in action! ×

I asked out the intimidatingly hot girl at the gym and she said yes

I only speed date because may publicist (a.k.a. CrossFit instructor) recommends it. I do hope to develop long, meaningful relationships with a lot of the people I'll see tonight. I may not see them every day or even every week, but they will all have special places in my heart. I'm putting in the effort to make it last, but I do have to say that my new big crush may be Box Jumps. He makes me feel so good about myself *blush*

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

I only speed date because may publicist (a.k.a. CrossFit instructor) recommends it. I do hope to develop long, meaningful relationships with a lot of the people I'll see tonight. I may not see them every day or even every week, but they will all have special places in my heart. I'm putting in the effort to make it last, but I do have to say that my new big crush may be Box Jumps. He makes me feel so good about myself *blush*

Hmmm. I suppose that in certain situations, when you've got a good publicist, then dating a bunch of people can be really good to achieve certain kinds of goals. Kinda like how actors seem to do. I think this is a little different from the kind of speed dating I was talking about. The relationships here seem more meaningful.

Box jumps, eh? Oh... I had a torrid love affair with plyometrics when I was younger. I would *love* to play volleyball with her. But, sadly, this girl has not always been the best for me. Even when I was young, she would hurt me, sometimes just a general ache, and sometimes quite severely (knees... bad tendonitis). As I've gotten older, it only seems to be getting worse. I do see her casually from time to time. Perhaps with the right mindset (a good trainer to develop a program) we could get along again.

I like it. Hammer-Throwing King of Metaphors has a nice ring to it... though I can't help but envision Thor tossing Mjolnir around...

And yeah, Box Jumps and I have only met once so far, but my publicist thought we were really good together. And I have to say I was pretty impressed with how far we went for a first date! I swear I'm not easy, but I sure made HIM look easy ;)

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

I think this is my new favorite thread. Thank you awesome nerds for making me laugh myself silly..

...goes back to work..

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Silly nerd persons of the Interweb unite!

I'm fairly certain my office mate is always suspicious of my activities.... but I giggle even on bad days, so I think she's learning to block me out. Or she just laughs at me sitting over here giggling to myself.

Such lies, Laura, you're actually going to work? ;)

I did it! I did it! I called her up for a lunch date, and the amazing lady that she is, she welcomed me back with open arms. Now, it was far from 'afternoon delight', but it was a wonderful 'get to know you again' opportunity. And man, did it feel good to get those straps back around my wrist, and then I wrapped them tight around... uh... probably tmi.

Anyway, thanks ShortyX for the great idea. If it hadn't been for you, I wouldn't be back on this great path (and I wouldn't have had *near* this much fun).

Okay, so I guess I could have planned that out a little better.

I woke up this morning still a little sore from my date with deadlifts, and I look out the window and realize that I suddenly have a breakfast date. It's my own fault, really. She's a completely different kind of girl, and when she's ready for a date, she's ready for it *now*. If you make her wait, she just gets really hard, and the date is no fun at all. (I know, I know, Lulu... it's my own fault for juggling these girls. Sue me. :) )

I had some warning she was coming back into town, but I thought she was coming yesterday, and when she didn't show up, I thought she was passing through on her way east. But no, turns out she arrived in the middle of the night, and waited for me outside my house.

Usually when we get together it's a grand old time. So much so that I don't wimp out with her like most guys around here do. Again, machines are useless. It's so much better to just dig in. However, this morning was a little different. Usually when we get together, it's like a sparring session, and I'm generally throwing her around effortlessly. This time, however, I think she's been working out, because she was really fighting back. For a while there, I thought that I was going to be too wiped out from yesterday to keep up with her, but once I got going, I was back to having a wonderful time. Sure, I had to change my tactics a little and push her around a lot more, and only resort to throwing her when I had to. But it all worked out... as usual, I cleaned up.

Now, I feel tired but exhilarated. She's probably coming back for another go-around tonight, but I think I'll be able to handle her just fine.

How many of you know her? Most of you probably have never met her at all, or at least only casually. Her name is shoveling snow.

I want this guy soooo badly!! I work to get him every. single. day.

But he breaks my heart, again and again. Someday, pullup! You will be mine!!

Creeper...

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

How many of you know her? Most of you probably have never met her at all, or at least only casually. Her name is shoveling snow.

Oh I know her and know her well, but I haven't seen her around much lately. Maybe it's from last year when she constantly overstayed her welcome. Someone probably told her off and hurt her feelings. She's never run away like this before and it's making me worried...

I'll just leave this here, circulated last winter:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1986[/ATTACH]

post-3265-13567243390425_thumb.jpg

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

My landlord dates her, not me. I'm ok with it though, leaves me more time for hotter girls.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Oh, I thought this was actually going to be about a girl.

But THIS girl I've been having relations with since before I started dating real girls ;)

Does that mean the girl you marry will have to live up to Lady Deadlift and not your mother? Maybe?

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

I did it! I did it! I called her up for a lunch date, and the amazing lady that she is, she welcomed me back with open arms. Now, it was far from 'afternoon delight', but it was a wonderful 'get to know you again' opportunity. And man, did it feel good to get those straps back around my wrist, and then I wrapped them tight around... uh... probably tmi.

Anyway, thanks ShortyX for the great idea. If it hadn't been for you, I wouldn't be back on this great path (and I wouldn't have had *near* this much fun).

Always glad to provide the fodder for metaphor-laden workout, online, fun-ness that sometimes leans toward the "off". I freakin' love these forums!

- Shorty

"Alright you egg sucking piece of gutter trash you always liked pushing around people smaller than you. Well I'm smaller; try pushing me."