Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

I'm constantly worried that I'm going to be "that" guy in Yoga. Luckily hasn't happened yet.

Dude, everyone farts in yoga. It's just one of those things. But this guy deserved a trophy. (P.S. I also farted doing the same maneuver, but it was an unnoticeable mincy little girl fart. Two seconds later, dude blows his brown-eyed shorts trumpet.)

At least it wasn't like the story I heard of the dude doing power yoga in only spandex shorts, sporting a rager in the middle of class. I guess he was REALLY HAPPY to be there.

Gardens are not made by singing 'Oh, how beautiful,' and sitting in the shade.

Rudyard Kipling

Back in 2003, I had just started to go to the university gym with a friend of mine. A guy (much bigger than myself) asked me to roll up his sleeve for him. I thought maybe that was normal for a gym, and since I was a n00b, I did it for him. Then my friend says "Yeah...that NEVER happens."

But the "overheard" portion is this: Later on I saw that same guy staring at himself in the mirror and muttering "I AM A MACHINE!" over and over.

Friggin' weirdo.

Wanted to add one... not technically overheard, but still...

Guy squatting to the floor, weight over his ankles, with a massive weight (I couldn't see how heavy it was), wearing SKINNY JEANS. Skinny jeans. Come on guy.

I workout in my skinnies all the time. Dosen't restrict my movement in the least bit.

At least it wasn't like the story I heard of the dude doing power yoga in only spandex shorts, sporting a rager in the middle of class. I guess he was REALLY HAPPY to be there.

yeah, yoga gets ETF excited sometimes.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

How about "put your legs closer together and point your toes forward"

for squats.

The one little high school boy was trying to teach the other little high school boy SS. Which he said he read. Buuuuuuuuuuut apparently not very well.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Yeah...I shudder to think of ETF + spandex + yoga...scary! ;)

Man, I hope I can rock the spandex like ETF someday... although, as a woman, I guess I don't have to worry about whether yoga makes me "happy."

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

Man, I hope I can rock the spandex like ETF someday... although, as a woman, I guess I don't have to worry about whether yoga makes me "happy."

i don't worry about it either... it's natural... just like farting... :)

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Dude, new job and BIG picture! That was the fastest mouse scrolling of my life. Followed by sneaky looks and scrolling down, then scrolling up, facepalming, and LOLing quietly.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Dude, new job and BIG picture! That was the fastest mouse scrolling of my life. Followed by sneaky looks and scrolling down, then scrolling up, facepalming, and LOLing quietly.

Whereas for me.....work computer be damned.....can't stop staring!!!!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I have a regular at my office gym who "motivates" himself by swearing like a sailor while on the treadmill. Calls himself a fat f#%ker and a wide variety of names that makes even me blush. It doesn't help that he grunts non-stop while running too.

me too!

lol I work out in a thong. My ass eats panties and I figure the less material to eat, the better. God that sounds so awful but it's true.

Whatever works for you!

When i do the olympic lifts I wear this one pair of really tight underpants. It keeps everything tucked in properly.

If i wear my regular underwear (which are a little loose-but not quite boxer loose), the bar often hits my testicles and my penis. No problems when you do deadlifts or squats but when you are pulling the bar above the knees for a snatch- ouch!

I always look sexy in the gym. There is nothing sexier than lifting 350+ lbs off the floor. Girls swoon. :D

They do??!!

please give me the address of your gym!

The ladies at my gym just stare at me with eyes popping out and their eyebrows curled in that strange shape.."why is he lifting so much..."

X2

My question is what does he have in his nose? Is he treating a nosebleed?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker