Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

I think the owner of planet fitness is pretty smart, if I would own a gym and give a f*ck about my members I would do the same thing. But honestly I would prefer to train in a gym like this.

I have actually worked out in this gym. It's just as wonderful as it seems. 3 squat racks across the back wall with 3 deadlift/oly lift stations lined up 10 feet in front of them. It's 10 minutes from where I grew up. If only I wasn't now 45 minutes away...

This wasn't "overheard", but this is another embarrassing and hopefully funny gym story, one of which I hope some people can relate to. 

I went to the gym yesterday and was doing squats. I was doing my warm up set at 60kg (132Ibs). One rep. Two rep... and I feel something. I hear something. The sound was kinda like, a "Boomf" sound.

I split my shorts. The hole was massive. 

So I had to wrap my gym towel around my waist, go home and get some new shorts that were suitable for squatting. 

I have now split 3 pairs of pants in my lifetime.

Dat booty though.

Same, but all 3 were in the last 3 months. I have started destroying my underwear whilst squatting though due to new form, going to have to buy the next size up.

A guy last night couldn't do his squats without seriously wrapping his knees and then after each set (of 4-5), he rushed to unwrap his knees and walk around for a couple of minutes before re-wrapping and doing another set. Admittedly, he was squatting 10x45+bar (495) but I think he should back off and save (what's left of) his knees.

495x10? Yeah, let him do whatever the F he wants. Squatting isn't bad for your knees, even with the wraps, which actually "protect" them by doing a bit of the work in the bottom of the movement.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Same, but all 3 were in the last 3 months. I have started destroying my underwear whilst squatting though due to new form, going to have to buy the next size up.

Yeah my last 2 were in the last 6 months or so. And not from an actual workout. Effing pants.

These days my quads are almost too big to fit through my underwear leg holes. Wtf.

• Like 2

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I think it would be extremely weird if I wore a man thong, being not a man and all.

That's what I get for thinking I'm in the men only thread, with a distinct lack of paying attention... :redface-new:

A regular one would work too...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Just as weird if you had things floppin around.  Lol are man thongs to thongs like front squats are to squats?  As in a squat is a squat, not a back squat.  A thong is a thong, not a female thong.

Lol, knowing insanity from other threads, I doubt that was his first time making that recommendation.

And thongs seem uncomfortable enough for everyday life let alone the gym.

• Like 3

I would think man thongs would have more fabric up front for a little bit more support, but then again I have never wore a womans thong so I wouldn't know

I look at it like boy shorts, and boxer-briefs... boxer-briefs have a "pouch" while boyshorts don't. I see no reason for a womans thong to have any extra material... :-)

Lol, knowing insanity from other threads, I doubt that was his first time making that recommendation.

And thongs seem uncomfortable enough for everyday life let alone the gym.

I may have, but not simply because I want more women in thongs (Not that I disagree with that idea either) but it seems that if you're quads are too big for what you're wearing now, then the solution would be bigger holes... IE thongs... :-)

At the same time I was responding half truthfully to a guy... that didn't exist either. So who knows whether I'm in my right mind or not... I'll blame it on the lack of sleep.

• Like 3

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Bwahahaha. No worries. It was the proper recommendation. But thongs + gym..I dunno. I know ladies that do it. I'd rather go without.

Lol I support going commando in almost all situations

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bwahahaha. No worries. It was the proper recommendation. But thongs + gym..I dunno. I know ladies that do it. I'd rather go without. 

I thought the same thing until I tried it.  i mean, my undies usually end up there anyway, so why not just cut to the chase?  I'm now officially a gym thong convert.  It's where my old thongs go to die (or to be reborn in the fires of iron?)

• Like 2