Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

But I won't be satisfied till I hit 3x bodyweight now, which with increasing mass will probably be around 300kg.

F*%K ME!  3x my bodyweight would be 600 pounds!  Probably more since I'd have to add some bulk to even get there.  I'm at only 215# right now.  Jeez.  3x isn't gonna happen for a LOOOOOOOOONG time. 

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

2x takes 12-24 months from scratch if you are dedicated, for me and others it did at least. 3x looks like it will take me 5-6 years at this point. Definitely a quest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Yesterday while deadlifting, always ramp up atm its bar-90-120-150-180 (a bit more and I'm finally at twice my bodyweight :D). Anyway I'm just finished with my third set, guy walks up to me and asks to work in. Tell him sure np go ahead I need at least 3 minutes between sets anyway, he proceeds to ask how many I got left and what weight I'm using, tell him 2 more, one of 150kg and a last one of 180kg. Now this is where it gets weird, he goes "oh euhm I'll wait then" and quickly walks of to talk to the woman he came in with.

I don't think I made any threatening moves O.o

Haha. Nobody wants to be that guy who has to lower the weights working in. (Me, I don't give a fuck. But I also don't ask to work in. Feels gay. They ask me.) On the other hand, I think it's good that his ego can handle lifting lower weights over higher weights with shitty form and ROM, like I see a lot of guys do.

Recently I read something on T-nation that really ticked me of, but at the same time motivated me to train even harder. An article said this "Deadlifting double your bodyweight doesn't make you strong, it merely makes you 'not weak'. It's the minimum I demand from my endurance athletes".

Seattle CrossFit puts you at an "advanced athlete" level for hip strength with a 2xBW Deadlift. That is the minimum standard for Military Athlete though, and I'd have to agree with them. Based on the way they train, a big percentage of leaders in the Army seem to think that American freedom is safest in the hands of marathon runners, who can maintain a 6-minute mile for 10 miles. Personally, I'd trust a linebacker over a marathon runner to get me out of a hostile situation alive. That's why they gave Captain America steroids to fight the Nazis.

421230_10150580771196965_685824736_n.jpg

As I was told elsewhere, even though your bodyweight is 1/6 of what you weight here on Earth, your mass is the same

to paraphrase Henry Rollins "One hundred kilos is always one hundred kilos"

It's much easier to lift 100kg on the moon. But it's just as unwieldy as it would be on Earth.

And if you can lift 3x your bodyweight on Jupiter, (a) you are very scary, (B) I have no idea what you're standing on and © you are probably already dead.

• Like 2

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

This chick came up to me Friday, while I was getting paper towels to clean off the TM. I think she'd been on the stationary bike, or maybe another treadmill. I briefly noticed her out of the corner of my eye, at some point, but didn't exactly follow her whereabouts while I was doing my miles.

"I saw you running over there" she started "You looked pretty quick, and cruising along nicely"

"Thanks. I do OK, I s'pose?" I replied

"I hope you don't mind that I was watching you"

"It's a semi-free country, you can almost do what you want"

"Yeah, I guess it is" she kinda chuckled "So ... you wanna go for a swim?"

"Absolutely. In fact, I was hoping you'd ask that"

So we splashed around in the pool for a while, not exactly swimming and certainly not counting laps. When we finished she asked "Where should I meet you?"

"At the table by the front desk would be fine"

After drying off & re-dressing, I met her at the suggested location

"How about this?" she proposed "We'll go get dinner together in my car, then I'll bring you back here. I'll follow you home ... or you can follow me; your choice"

"Sounds good" I agreed

And that's how the evening went

As a gentleman, I'll share no more details

Just another Friday Night Gym-Date with D'Wife

That is really, really cool!

Wait! What............?

(To his friend with large belly,)

"Dude, don't bench press. Your chest look fine. You should crunch so that you can have abs."

• Like 2

... because marathoners are smarter? Remember, Steve Rogers was a nerd first, then juiced to be a perfect soldier

BTW: If this was Slowtwitch, that would be in pink

Like sarcasm? Haha. I get it.

But to further the discussion, Steve was indeed a nerd in the sense that he stood by what he believed in without trying to be popular and didn't give a shit what other people thought. From an intelligence standpoint though, he is nothing special. He is rated at around "above average", sometimes "gifted" at best, mostly attributed to experience.

tumblr_m5dnh29MCI1rxobwro4_250.gif

I would accept the marathoners are smarter hypothesis if not for the fact that intelligence, sadly, seems to be frowned-upon in the Army, particularly in combat arms. That's probably why they are offered so many education benefits--nobody uses it. "Reading's for rich people." [pink font]

yeah, if he's got a chest = he probably HAS abs; they're just flabbed over

Much like the way Antarctica [probably] has some great mountains; they're just covered by ice

Idiots surround us

This reminds me, was reading about how Everest isn't the tallest mountain in the world. Mauna Kea is, if you measure from the bottom of the mountain and not sea level. :-)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Thats actually the third or fourth miracle combo that those moviestars take. they change it to different products almost monthly on facebook :D

Usually theres alot of L-arginine and similar things in it. Nothing revolutionary in any case.

• Like 1

Thats actually the third or fourth miracle combo that those moviestars take. they change it to different products almost monthly on facebook :D

Usually theres alot of L-arginine and similar things in it. Nothing revolutionary in any case.

No way!

According to ther totally unbiased article this is the only thing I need to look like Gerard Butler in 300...Bye Bye NF, I'm off to use this instead for a week!  

You'll all be soooo jealous when I'm superbuff!

• Like 1

No way!

According to ther totally unbiased article this is the only thing I need to look like Gerard Butler in 300...Bye Bye NF, I'm off to use this instead for a week!  

You'll all be soooo jealous when I'm superbuff!

The first comment said his brother needed to lose 25 kg as a baby. 25 kg is about 55 lb. I weight 32 kg in elementary school and I was the fat kid. If a fat baby lose 25 kg he will become a black hole. 

But then I misread it, but still think it's funny.

Als0-- do you notice that those superstars look significantly older in 'a few weeks'? OMG That must be a side effect. Be careful, Obitim!

• Like 1

I keep reading this thread thinking that I have sub'd to it... then I lose it... then I find it again... 

it's like that last 5#... yo

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move