Forums are back in action! ×

The ARGH Thread

Gave my best friend the power cord to my tv so I would stop gaming and start studying. Walked her to the car then came in and tried to turn on the tv. #ifailatlife :D

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

So instead you're online? Or was this posted after you got your studying done. (sorry . . . couldn't help myself)

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Oh I did everything I could to avoid studying. I hate studying for some reason and I'm not used to having to do it. Every time I do I feel like I can't retain the information at all.

On the bright side my house is clean including the shower, finished The Game of Thrones, watched ted.com for an hour and wrote 3 pages of a story I've been fiddling around with. :smug: Then I studied out of boredom. :D

Wake Your Dreams...

ARGH. This is a terrible day. I don't know why. Almost got sideswiped on the way down to school but I didn't and I am still alive. Freaking out about the end of the semester. 84% on an assignment in my it security class. I am usually in the 95-100% range. Given my 86% on the midterm, I have no idea if I can get an A in this class. And this is one of the stupidest classes to not get an A in. This has totally derailed my day. And there are still 2 assignments to do in this class. And there are 3 weeks left. And the second assignment that he gave is due in a week and it's something that would make a better end of semester project. I usually don't complain about unfair workloads but this is ridiculous. I am basically supposed to come up with a security plan for my university, complete with specific application, network, and system policies that encompass training, behavior, etc etc etc.

Just feel like crawling in a hole and hiding for a while.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

And I totally tried to point out that the assignment was more like a term project, trying to show him that the amount of work was basically unreasonable, and he was like, "no, the syllabus shows 3 assignments so I have to do 3 assignments." English is his second language so I guess he just didn't understand what I was saying.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ARGH, my form failed for like a SECOND on my 80 kg squats yesterday and I can totally feel it in my lower back today. Going to take it easy for the weekend, hope I'm okay for heavy lifting again on Monday...

This scares the holy hell out of me. I will be doubly careful. Get better soon.

Never cheat off the dumb kid.

Argh: No pants I own, or shorts, or even underwear, will stay up when I do jumping jacks. What the helling hell? I use a belt, and no effect. I wear two shirts, TUCK THEM IN and use a belt, and no effect. I think I have to go get a bungee cord, or something.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Oh I did everything I could to avoid studying. I hate studying for some reason and I'm not used to having to do it. Every time I do I feel like I can't retain the information at all.

On the bright side my house is clean including the shower, finished The Game of Thrones, watched ted.com for an hour and wrote 3 pages of a story I've been fiddling around with. :smug: Then I studied out of boredom. :D

Sounds familiar, my room is always cleanest when I have an essay to write...

My dr says that my lack of focus is due to too much stress in my life, and if I would just eliminate the stress, I would be much better.

HOW am I supposed to do that while working/schooling full time, AND being a wife??

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

My dr says that my lack of focus is due to too much stress in my life, and if I would just eliminate the stress, I would be much better.

HOW am I supposed to do that while working/schooling full time, AND being a wife??

Sorry, maybe you could eliminate something small? Or several small somethings? I don't think "being a wife" should be particularly stressful--obviously it is, but what I found was often I was putting waaay more pressure on myself to do something a certain way than my husband ever would. Order a pizza, have a beer, and love on each other a little more. Your stress will go down. Sure you may not have a clean house and perfect homemade dinners, but you may not have a nervous breakdown either.

Alternatively, I do my homework in the library at school. It is quiet and you can't see the dirty dishes from there. I make a list and check off as I go. Helps me focus.

Never cheat off the dumb kid.