Forums are back in action! ×

The ARGH Thread

Had to jump off full Paleo bandwagon. With my food budget being $30 a week, I spent a lot of time fasting. And only had a ten lb drop in 3 months. That being said I'm not going back to all carbs either. Just reintroducing some much needed cheaper food. Like cereal and pb and j sandwiches.

Go Big or Go Home! Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk.

Wake Your Dreams...

Con withdraws!! A lot of my friends are going through those right now here in Orlando. ;)

Con Drop is the worst. At least I'm catching up on some much-needed sleep now!

Today's ARGH is that i have conflicting plans for Friday night... either way, I'm going to disappoint someone!!

Level 1 Wood Elf Druid

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

First Challenge

"I'm just gonna stand here and eat chocolate and watch you work out, ok?"

I know she means well, but... I guess on the plus side I did twenty bucket lifts faster than ever before!

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I've been having a shitty week when it comes to accountability. I haven't ran for over a week and McDonald's has been my lunch for two days this week. I HATE HOW SIMPLE YOU ARE. D:

Current life goals:

Eat Paleo | Work Primal | Find a Job | Relax | Get more sleep

April 2012 goals:

10 Chin-ups | 45 Push-ups | Cut out sugary snacks

"The 'amazing' can only be created by facing fear, risk, and failure during the process." -Joel Brown

"A brave man is not a man who is not afraid, but one who's will is stronger than his fear." -Unknown

I'm still very new to lifting weights, and don't have a lot of confidence in it yet. Went to the gym at lunch to do my workout, and there was this super skinny girl stretching near the squat rack I was using. I had my headphones in, but my ipod died and I was just too lazy to take them out, so I could hear everything going on. The entire time I was doing my squatting and deadlifting, she was nattering to her friends and making snide comments and laughing at me. (i.e omg look at her lift that she looks so silly giggle giggle giggle, omg she only lifted that twice what a looser). So discouraging. I did finish my workout though, and didn't say anything. I should have, but I didn't want to make a scene.

some people are so mean.

Level 0 Human Monk-Apprentice

STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

My Current Challenge

I'm still very new to lifting weights, and don't have a lot of confidence in it yet. Went to the gym at lunch to do my workout, and there was this super skinny girl stretching near the squat rack I was using. I had my headphones in, but my ipod died and I was just too lazy to take them out, so I could hear everything going on. The entire time I was doing my squatting and deadlifting, she was nattering to her friends and making snide comments and laughing at me. (i.e omg look at her lift that she looks so silly giggle giggle giggle, omg she only lifted that twice what a looser). So discouraging. I did finish my workout though, and didn't say anything. I should have, but I didn't want to make a scene.

some people are so mean.

Or you could say.. "Hi, heard you talking. Care to demonstrate what I'm doing wrong? I'll be glad to let you work in"

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

some people are so mean.

Need me to come up there and wreck shop Terry Tate style? No one laughs at my nerds!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

some people are so mean.

sounds like someone's been watching too much Mean Girls. just keep doin' your thang, lady. you're putting yourself out there and trying something new, which is admirable and badass... all she's doing is sitting at the gym yapping away.

2012_4.jpg

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

some people are so mean.

Don't let them get to you. You know what you're doing and they clearly don't. Just think that in a little time you are gonna be strong enough to take them all on! :P

Well I guess it's only life, it's only natural We all spend a little while going down the rabbit hole

Third world problem, really.

Am so upset at the cost of hiking equipment here. I need a new backpack and I want to buy hiking boots, but everything is so expensive that, when I finally buy all the things I need for my hiking trip, I may not have the money for the actual trip... ugh. I wanna go here. I really do.

Also, my brand new computer is acting up. Will probably have to send it to the shop to get fixed. Will probably spend a week without it. How am I going to survive????

So, yesterday I was thinking about doing my kettlebell workout, and got a bit of a muscle twang in my side. weird. last night, I did my workout, felt fine..

... until 1am, when I woke up in serious pain. Whole mid back. No more sleep. Muscle spasm. WTF?... didn't go to work. Muscle relaxant and Motrin did nothing.

... and, I found out today I uploaded the wrong report for one of my college courses. dang it.