Forums are back in action! ×

Good by 240s helloooo 230s!

I hit 239 yesterday and I still weigh that today so I am calling it official. It's hard for me to beleive how far I have come from when I first joined NF on Jan 4th weighing 270 and now weighing 239. I am feeling good about myself and people at work are commenting. I still have 19 lbs to go before my May wedding (tall order), and 39 to go for my ultimate goal of 200 by the end of the year. I have been working out 3X a week and doing some kind of activity at least 5X a week. However I do think most of it is do to going paleo. Thanks everyone for the motivation.

Check out my woodworking at peonywoodworks.

So great!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Way to go, empeg9000! I think it's great that you've made such improvements. My first thought when I read your post was, "January 4th of 2012?!!?" You've inspired me to stick with paleo. Slowly but surely.

Yup Jan4th of 2012! Thanks. I have found I don't eat as much. I did go gradually. I starting out in the last challenge giving up all grains. Then I went more and more and now for this challenge I am 100% strict paleo. I even gave up my beloved half and half in coffee.

How committed to the paleo diet are you? I have been on the diet for about 100days. The first 30 days (strictly followed diet) i dropped 12 lbs from 233. It has slowed down a bit. I think it may be b/c i slack of on the dairy now. Just started the barbell batallion so muscle weight jumped a bit but I think i'm slowly back on track. Anyway just curious.

How committed to the paleo diet are you? I have been on the diet for about 100days. The first 30 days (strictly followed diet) i dropped 12 lbs from 233. It has slowed down a bit. I think it may be b/c i slack of on the dairy now. Just started the barbell batallion so muscle weight jumped a bit but I think i'm slowly back on track. Anyway just curious.

I would say I am pretty strict. In the beginning my goal was just to cut out grains but I ended up cutting out sugar too. I cut out most cheese allowing myself a splurge here and there. I allowed myself a beer out with friends on occasion and I used half and half in my coffee. Then I decided no to go all in on the first. Now there is no dairy, grains, sugar. Strict paleo and I have to say the pounds have really started coming off. I don't eat a ton either. I eat when I feel hungry. I don't have set eat times anymore. I am usually pretty hungry by dinner time but that's about it. I am allowing myself a glass or two of red wine on the weekend if I put in all my workouts and shed at least a pound or two. I make no food exceptions though.

Oh I also track all my foods which I know is something a lot of paleo folks don't do but it helps be keep me in check.

This it totally awesome!! I love when people admit its NF that ultimately turned them around into something they never thought they could be. This is awesome, and good luck with those last 19 lbs before your wedding, and CONGRATS on getting MARRIEDDD!! :D

Anything is possible for him who believes. (Mark 9:23)
"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training
STR-10 DEX-6 STA-9 CON-4 WIS-16.5 CHA-5