Forums are back in action! ×

Thank God I'm CANADIAN.

Ugh. That second link was more worrisome than the first, to me. At least my kids are really picky eaters who won't touch the hot lunches at their schools (one brings her own lunch, the other eats the sandwiches that are in regular rotation). For the second, they don't give any way to determine whether a particular container of ground beef has the pink slime. Can I trust that my "grass-fed, organic" ground beef is really what they say it is?

Ah . . . thank goodness: http://blogs.ajc.com/momania/2012/03/12/how-do-we-avoid-pink-slime-in-our-ground-beef/?cxntfid=blogs_momania

"If your meat is stamped USDA Organic, it’s pure meat with no filler."

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Ugh! I stayed away from hamburger for a long time. But after going Paleo (but not buying grass fed meats), I have bought more hamburger. The organic stuff on sale is 5 $ a lb! See, this is why I started eating less meat. Then I went Paleo and found my family does better, but ugh, our meat industry. I guess I just hope pink ammonia slime is better than white bread and starches that I previously ate.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Thanks LRB, you just saved my diet! The part of it that used to moo, anyway...:emmersed:

Can I trust that my "grass-fed, organic" ground beef is really what they say it is?

Ah . . . thank goodness: http://blogs.ajc.com/momania/2012/03/12/how-do-we-avoid-pink-slime-in-our-ground-beef/?cxntfid=blogs_momania

"If your meat is stamped USDA Organic, it’s pure meat with no filler."

MintyFresh

Monk of the Muay Thai variety

Here's my current challenge!

Thank God I'm VEGETARIAN (at least until the green slime epidemic occurs or something).

But yeah, definitely a pretty good reason to why people should buy local and why the food industry = suckage.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

- Philipians 4:13

AWESOME TEAM OF FLYING MONGOOSES!

Jump Rope Challenge: 800

Your bacon is still inferior though. As is your whiskey!

LOL! I have to say, though, after years of being a mildly snobby whiskey drinker, I discovered last summer that Crown and soda at a campfire in the Rockies does me right :)

And, ew. I am lucky to have access to organic meats, and even luckier to have found a CSA with a beef share. With pictures of my food, weekly updates from my farmers, and an open invitation to visit. My friends went to help plant onions and came home with a 28-pound turkey :)

LOL! I have to say, though, after years of being a mildly snobby whiskey drinker, I discovered last summer that Crown and soda at a campfire in the Rockies does me right :)

Sacrilege! Wait right there while I find my pitch form and torch :D

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Thank god I know my butcher and know where my meat comes from.

I am not sure how the hell any government can call this stuff safe to eat, but then again, this is the same government that gave us the food guide pyramid and myriad of fallacies about our diets.

Dwarf Ranger STR 3 // DEX 2 // STA 2 // CON 4 // WIS 2 // CHA 2"It's Simple, so says the Captain;Face Forward,Move Slow,Forge Ahead.Onward! Onward! Onward!"

I am not sure how the hell any government can call this stuff safe to eat, but then again, this is the same government that gave us the food guide pyramid and myriad of fallacies about our diets.

Agreed. On the flip side, I might go help plant at "my" farm this weekend and say wuzzup to the cow I'm gonna eat next year.