Forums are back in action! ×

200kg deadlift GET

Your working weight is heavier than mine when I did 405, try it out.
Honestly....why not!?! I'm gonna plan on loading up 8 plates on Friday to find out. Today needs to be a regular post-ShamrockFest workout (meaning...a lot of drinking was done over the weekend).

Andy, motivated by your big lift, and Corey's push just to try it out; in the middle of my warm ups, I had a "f**k it" moment, loaded up 405lbs, and boom! Wow! What a feeling to get over 400lbs! Next stop....455!

Good point. Amended until someone gets so frightened that they spill their beer.

HAHA!! Love it....and no worries....beer is still in hand!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Good point. Amended until someone gets so frightened that they spill their beer.

Nice! Now what we need is for someone to shop a santa hat on you.

Andy, motivated by your big lift, and Corey's push just to try it out; in the middle of my warm ups, I had a "f**k it" moment, loaded up 405lbs, and boom!

Gratz! Feels awesome doesn't it? BigM, you're next.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Loving reading about all of these huge lifts. Right now I'm gunning for 330lbs, with 360lbs being my intermediate goal - it's 2x bodyweight for me and as such, I figure a good place to pause and think about where I want to go next. 400lbs+ is like a friggin' dream, and if I reach that point I'm sure I'll be beating up sharks and what not. Congrats to all of you for pulling 400+!!!

BigM, you're next.

Haha! I feel left out. I'll get there soon. Although not this week as BigM is sick and loopy on meds (yaaaay! pretty colors whoooo!). I'm aiming to get there before the May meetup.

And andy would you be so kind as to leave a barbell set under my tree, Deadlifting Santa? Lovin the new avatar.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Guest Eduard
f*ckers... i went to the gym, loaded the bar to 405 and tried to DL it... i would have considered moving it 1/16th of an inch a win... nothing... and my back hurts...

here you go...:livid:

Well, maybe you couldn't really lift those 405lb, but I can definitely spot a talented barbell roller when I see one. Also, nice ninja outfit! 10/10. ;)

I'm liking those lifting shoes too ETF.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

GAH! You are the freaking king! Well done! Congrats! Huzzah! Booyah! Respec'!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Gratz! Feels awesome doesn't it? BigM, you're next.

It really was! I let out a rather audible "WOOT!" when I was done...put all the plates up and called it a day on that one!

f*ckers... i went to the gym, loaded the bar to 405 and tried to DL it... i would have considered moving it 1/16th of an inch a win... nothing... and my back hurts... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

here you go...:livid:

HAHA! I love the attempt ETFninja!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

200kg is strong!:victorious:

My previous best is 170kg which i'm going to hit again as a part of my current 6 week challenge.

btw, can you please post a video?

Your feet width is confusing. It's too wide to pull conventional and too narrow for sumo.

And if you don't mind me asking, what's your age nad how long have you been training?

f*ckers... i went to the gym, loaded the bar to 405 and tried to DL it... i would have considered moving it 1/16th of an inch a win... nothing... and my back hurts... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

If anyone shows up to deadlift next to me with anything wrapped around their face (other than a beard), I'm changing to the other end of the gym, just for safety...

And you have the single most distracting avatar on NF at the moment...

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Icedtrip: Nice one! :cool-new:

Your feet width is confusing. It's too wide to pull conventional and too narrow for sumo.

And if you don't mind me asking, what's your age nad how long have you been training?

My feet width - Personal biomechanics, I think, which is a nice way of saying I need to make space for my belly between my thighs. If I go any closer I just feel smooshed: my chest feels too narrow as my hands track up my thighs too.

I'm not alone in using a slightly-wide stance: here's Mark Felix in the second half of this video about the same spacing as me:

Age? 41 (woah). I've been a serial gym-restarter for too long, but apart from a solid strength program since last June, I'd only really deadlifted for the winter before that.

Andy, motivated by your big lift, and Corey's push just to try it out; in the middle of my warm ups, I had a "f**k it" moment, loaded up 405lbs, and boom! Wow! What a feeling to get over 400lbs! Next stop....455!

That's awesome! I had one of these too today. Old personal best: 295. New Personal Best: 335. Next stop... 400! I just need to get used to what it really feels like to pull with every ounce of my being - it definitely takes some getting used to!

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison

That's awesome! I had one of these too today. Old personal best: 295. New Personal Best: 335.

Surprising yourself is always awesome and leaves you feeling great. Next stop... 400!

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison