Forums are back in action! ×

that awkward moment when...

Yeah, I wouldn't even respond to a douche like that.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Ok background info:

We were together about a year, end of high school through first year of college. I found out he had been cheating on me almost every weekend with a number of different girls....yeah I wasn't sticking around. I didn't go as crazy on him as others--it was more of a "yeah, goodbye." He was much more upset than I was and would frequently text/call/etc. and I just ignored him.

That summer I spontaneously studied abroad and met my "rebound" who I've been with for almost four years now, and we've discussed marriage but we're currently long distance and it's just not the right time for either of us. Edit: We weren't always long distance, he was actually a student studying abroad in the same program as me, so we were together about 3 years before he moved across the country but we decided to stay together.

About two years ago I ran into him and he said he was single and not ready to be "tied down to any dumb girls" and dating me was the "biggest mistake." I just laughed and said something like "good to see you."

Oh God, how old is this guy, 12? What a moron.

Ok background info:

We were together about a year, end of high school through first year of college. I found out he had been cheating on me almost every weekend with a number of different girls....yeah I wasn't sticking around. I didn't go as crazy on him as others--it was more of a "yeah, goodbye." He was much more upset than I was and would frequently text/call/etc. and I just ignored him.

That summer I spontaneously studied abroad and met my "rebound" who I've been with for almost four years now, and we've discussed marriage but we're currently long distance and it's just not the right time for either of us. Edit: We weren't always long distance, he was actually a student studying abroad in the same program as me, so we were together about 3 years before he moved across the country but we decided to stay together.

About two years ago I ran into him and he said he was single and not ready to be "tied down to any dumb girls" and dating me was the "biggest mistake." I just laughed and said something like "good to see you."

I was about to respond with what Corey did ("depends on your current relationship with him"), then I read this. WOW! So I've attended at least 2 ex's weddings (and DJ'ed one of them), but in your case, there is no need to even respond giving him the satisfaction of getting a response from you.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Ok background info:

Alarm bells all over this: he seems like a man-child (got upset when you left but couldn't be faithful, pissy when you met again) "I want what I want, and I want it now!". Tell him to take an effin' hike, who needs that drama in their life. You seem happy, don't let this douche pollute it.

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

I'm with the others. Politely decline (you don't want to come off as the immature one when he's already shown that's what he's being), make plans to do something more fun and don't give it a second thought on the day.

It sounds like he's being a total ass in a "look what you could have had" kind of way. I do feel sorry for the girl he's marrying though - pre-occupied with trying to make his ex jealous when he should be concentrating on his fiancé. How special she must feel!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

Yeah, this guy sounds like he's totally not worth paying attention to. I think it depends on the relationship though. I'm really good friends with a couple of my exes and probably keep in touch with them better than I do with a lot of my other friends. They even talk to me/ email me when they need relationship advice or just an ear to talk into. If I'm still good friends with them when/if I get married, I'll probably send them invites. I would understand if they didn't want to come, but they ARE my friends, so I would hope that they could be happy for me, just as I'm happy for them whenever they find somebody wonderful to date. I hope the best for them... and would be a little offended if they didn't at least tell me they were getting married.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Ok background info:

Based on this: politely decline, but understand you may not get an invite to his next wedding. What a tool.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.