Forums are back in action! ×

Surprised Woot

So...I was told by a coworker last week that I looked like MC Hammer rockin' the parachute pants because my pants were so loose on me. I just laughed at the time, but we have a VIP visiting my office tomorrow, so I figured I'd hit up Lane Bryant and get a new pair of pants...I don't think the President of the University I work at is a fan of 90's rap. But I digress...I figured that I'd just grab a pair that's a size smaller than what I was wearing (Lane Bryant 22), and that would be that....Well, several sizes later, I finally found the one that fit.

I've gone from a 22 (December) to a 14. That's one-four, a size I haven't seen since, like, middle school.

I think that deserves a "holy shitsnacks!" :highly_amused:

Current Challenge

Level 2 Human Ranger

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Mens sana in corpore sano

That's AWESOME! Soon you're not going to be able to hit the beloved Lane Bryant anymore! As much as I love their bras, I can't wait for that day myself :P

This!! I so miss Lane Bryant and Avenue Plus bras!!!!!

Size 22 to Size 14?? Dude. That is EPIC!!! You need to take a picture of yourself in these 22's so we can chuckle at your 90's stylin'. :)

In training to be awesome! :highly_amused:

Good job! I'm impressed.

Question for you: has your weight come down as well? I feel as though my clothes are getting a tad too big, but my weight hasn't really moved in a way that would lead to that -- and I'm trying to figure out whether to believe the (objective) scale, or the (subjective) impression I get when I look in the mirror.

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Thanks for the woots, ladies! I was sooo surprised at the size I eventually landed on. :) (and yes, I'll definitely miss LB's bras...and boy are the tata's shrinking fast >.<)

Good job! I'm impressed.

Question for you: has your weight come down as well? I feel as though my clothes are getting a tad too big, but my weight hasn't really moved in a way that would lead to that -- and I'm trying to figure out whether to believe the (objective) scale, or the (subjective) impression I get when I look in the mirror.

The scale is a tricksy hobbit. It's moved maybe 15lbs since January and in my mind, that's not enough to warrant the fact that I've had to throw out nearly all my clothes because they're, literally, falling off. Honestly, I think that with weight lifting, and even body-weight work, the muscle build is rapid enough to make the numbers on the scale irrelevant (mostly). It's irritatingly frustrating to know that there MUST be some changes happening because clothes are loose, and muscles are more defined, but the damn scale hasn't moved more than a few ounces. I would ignore it and just pay attention to the changes that you can see.

Current Challenge

Level 2 Human Ranger

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Mens sana in corpore sano

Good job! I'm impressed.

According to my scales I've lost about 5-6lbs., but I'm still in a size 6, same as I was when I started. They are just now starting to get loose, so maybe I will drop a size before I hit the point where I'm in maintenance mode. My husband on the other hand, was a 34" waist when we started and he doesn't own anything anymore that he can wear without a belt...everything is falling off of him!

My tape measure says I'm losing inches, my scales say I'm losing weight, people say they can tell I'm losing...maybe I'm just toning? Who knows, but I'm lifting more each week, and feeling great about myself, so I'm not going to allow myself to dwell on a jeans size.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Congrats!!! Numbers on a scale have slowed down on me too. But all my clothes are loser and went from a 42-44 jeans to a 36-38 in course of 3months. I ignore the scale and go by full body mirror camera shots and if your gym has a trainer with a body fat tester use that. Once again <internet high five>