Forums are back in action! ×

Chaturanga, I pwn u.

This is a small thing, but I have no upper-body strength and I have never, ever been able to do the high-plank-to-chaturanga vinyasa without buckling in the middle, or having to go to my knees, or buckling while on my knees and feeling like I was going to lose internal organs right there on my mat.

Until tonight. Tonight my body just - got it somehow. High plank down to an inch above the floor, light as a feather and straight as a board, stayed there an inch above it, and it was so easy that it was like I'd never had trouble doing it at all. It felt amazing.

Angry Birds, I apologize for cursing you and your push-ups and all your ancestors all the way back to the Crabby Dinosaurs. I've been doing yoga for years and always had trouble with the strength parts. I really think a few weeks of strength training have done more for my yoga than years of doing yoga have.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 3 Elf Warrior

STR 9.5|DEX 6|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 8.5|CHA 2

Challenge thread

Twitter

"There is never an absolute answer to everything, except of course that you have to do your squats." - Mark Rippetoe

[/table]