Forums are back in action! ×

» captain's log [shaar: v. battle log]

15 minutes ago, shaar said:

Got up half an hour early.  Got to the gym early.  Of course the place is completely empty, right??  Right.  I had lots of extra time.  .......... (the best laid plans, etc.etc.)

I did though, have the ability to take my time and get a good warmup stretch and cooldown too.  That was pretty rad.  I can see myself going early consistently now, and if I have extra time, just using it on mobility and stuff.

Empty gym, did the thing. I fail to see the problem. Oh look time to get [insert favorite post-training breakfast here]. 

16 minutes ago, shaar said:

(Most of my bruises come when I put the bar down and the plate lands on the edge of the hex and rolls the bar back into my shin, sigh.)

Hex plates are straight from Satan. Do not pass Go. Gyms stock them to discourage deadlifting because your gains might interrupt someone's Cosmo and/or tv time on the treadmill across the way or something. 

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

3 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Hex plates are straight from Satan. Do not pass Go. Gyms stock them to discourage deadlifting because your gains might interrupt someone's Cosmo and/or tv time on the treadmill across the way or something. 

I would do some real shady shit for bumper plates.  We are definitely a small chain gym that's a little more "boutique" than normal - although we get a decent lifting crowd not many people deadlift, I can think of three I've seen over the 2 years I've been there, and that's including me.  (I've seen a few oly lifters too but rare)  I like it there because of work proximity, a good "non-bro" crowd, and extreme cleanliness.

When we move my next gym will have non-hex plates.  The rolling and repositioning between pulls drives me looney tunes....

• Like 2

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

We got an iPad mini at work to use for our new SQUARE SETUP.

I've been testing the stylus for Quality Assurance purposes.  It came from 'bargains depot' (srsly) and has the precision of a charging rhino but it's not stopping me from taking 5-10 minutes and goofing off~~~

C-7RUDzW0AAE9bI.jpg

• Like 4

18 hours ago, ixaera said:

He sure like his fishies tho

Good source of protein and FISHING EXP

6 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Did someone say fishies?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I'M GONNA DROWN YOU ahahah

just wants a nom

Weekly Updates

THIS WEEK IS ALMOST OVER!!  Kinda.

anigif_enhanced-21402-1407499162-1.gif

LIFT

[X] M  [X] W  [X] F

I just noticed my last checkbox says F for Friday. Uhhhhh F for WTF!??!!  Should be Th.  Why did I put F.  Did I intend to start hitting the gym Fridays and I just FORGOT?!!  Seriously I'm very confused by this.  Hmm.  Hokay anyways.

Legs day after deadlift day, did what I could without dying.  Looking forward to a regulated schedule again next week......

SQ

95x5x5

105x5x5

115x3x3

Calf Raise

95x10x1

105x15x3

RDL

50x8x3

Bulgarian Split Squats (BW)

8x3

REPAIR

[X] 1   [X] 2   [ ] 3

Had plenty of time this morning for a good serious stretch.  Have been integrating lots of pigeon pose into my stuff for hamstrings and glutes!

NOURISH

[X]  Snacks and lunch listed

MISC

[X] Contact new pet sitter

[ ] Submit second appeal for health insurance claim

I have this paperwork today.  Yay~

[X] Clean house for houseguest

Done; not much to do but tidy since we cleaned for a guest a couple of weeks ago. ^^

[ ] Acquire Halo Top ice cream

BLLLRRGGHHH

[X] GET. YOUR. DONATED. CLOTHES. INTO A BOX

SWEET BABIES IT IS DONE, HALLELUJAH HOLY SHIT

[X] Wasp Patrol, v3.0

[X] Try to have more ~fun~ this week

I think I can check this off at this point *^_^*

I actually have a work dinner today that I'm looking forward to, IDK why, usually these things are like UGGGHHH but it involves latin cuisine so I'm ready to go~ :3

Work seems pretty benign today too so I'll probably draw more stuff later.  I really really really want a tablet now..........

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Shadri said:

HOLY NUTTER BUTTERS I AM CAUGHT UP. I really fell off the map for a while, haha. Sorries!

My age was a single-digit number when you graduated high school.... ;-; I feel like such a wee child lol.

Have fun at your work dinner!

THERE YOU ARE <3333333333333  How are you Mermaid Dragon Shadri?!!?!!

(mmmm food incoming, hungryyy.....)

Today on Shaar Uses the Work Tablet For Art:

I am seriously contemplating an old iPad mini refurb purchase because wow, the enjoyment I get out of tablet drawing is like 11/10.  I struggled with pencil and paper especially just learning, lots of erasing and redoing and it could get real messy.  Learning with the tablet is SO easy to sketch, erase, re-sketch, erase, it makes practice and experimenting with style so easy.  I actually found myself at home last night wishing I could draw on the work tablet while I was on the couch... I've never felt that way about my sketchbook!!  Hmmmmmmm.  Hmhmhmhm.

RYUJIN WA KEN NO KURAE~~

• Like 3

2 hours ago, shaar said:

THERE YOU ARE <3333333333333  How are you Mermaid Dragon Shadri?!!?!!

(mmmm food incoming, hungryyy.....)

Here I am!! <3 <3 <3 I am doing??? It's been a massive case of Damage Control Mode entering final exam season (so many projects, ugh ugh ugh) and I think I just needed a break from the forums for a bit. Sometime soon, I will finally get around to creating my battle log and get posting again!

(foooooooooooooood)

• Like 1

A little late, BUT, Ben & Jerry's has some really good non-dairy stuff. (Well, I've only had one flavor (so far), but OMG it was so good)

You could also look for a local place that does non-dairy/vegan ice cream. There's a few near me I want to try out when it actually decides to be warm for more than a couple days at a time.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

On 5/4/2017 at 6:47 PM, Shadri said:

Here I am!! <3 <3 <3 I am doing??? It's been a massive case of Damage Control Mode entering final exam season (so many projects, ugh ugh ugh) and I think I just needed a break from the forums for a bit. Sometime soon, I will finally get around to creating my battle log and get posting again!

(foooooooooooooood)

I hear ya on the forum break, sometimes it feels more obligation than fun to keep updating, and you need to back away!!  Been there for sure~ ^________^

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!  Hope all goes well and we will chat soooon! <3

On 5/4/2017 at 10:38 PM, zeroh13 said:

A little late, BUT, Ben & Jerry's has some really good non-dairy stuff. (Well, I've only had one flavor (so far), but OMG it was so good)

You could also look for a local place that does non-dairy/vegan ice cream. There's a few near me I want to try out when it actually decides to be warm for more than a couple days at a time.

Now that you mention it, we do have a killer local place that does 4-5 vegan tubs every now and again.  Hmm.  Hmmmmm.  I did pick up some SO coconut milk ice cream this weekend because it was on sale... (cookie dough!!!)

• Like 1

New Week, GET!!

tumblr_n6b9oqwbJv1tpmgqjo1_500.gif

LIFT

[X] M  [ ] W  [ ] Th

6am gym time is now a mostly-new-normal and of course it's really quiet now that I've switched my life around... but I'm gonna stick with it.  I really like the leisure of being able to take my time a little more.  Today was deadlift day and I felt like I really did some solid work, excellent~  We had friends in town this weekend so I indulged in food and drink a little more than normal; I'm sure the extra sustenance helped my strength levels, ehehe~

DL

135x5x5

135x8x3

145x5x3

I think I need to invest in liquid chalk..... I had enough gas in the tank, but slippery hands said nope.

OHP

45x5x5

55x5x5

7 minute row, 735m

REPAIR

[ ] 1   [ ] 2   [ ] 3

Tomorrow~

NOURISH

[X]  This week's lunch!  Salad - lettuce mix, avocado, rotisserie chicken, turkey lunch meat, hard boiled egg, small triangle cheeses (the laughing cow ones seem to be the only dairy i can tolerate), balsamic.

Snacks - Apples, sweet potato cubes.

MISC

[ ] Write up application for new FFXIV guild

Yep, guess who used their free play time this weekend, and guess who is really looking forward to Stormblood and becoming a S A M U R A I.  My current guild is v. small and made up of RL friends that aren't looking to play as much, so I'm looking to make new pals and branch out and have new content adventures!

[ ] Get K a birthday card

Almost as important as that guild app TBH.

[ ] Research finances and upcoming vet fees for Finn

Must do this by Friday.

[ ] Clean up workspace; mostly old terminal clutter

Necessity, blech.

I think that's it, not a whole lot this week that I can think of.  I'm feeling kind of junky today and am hoping as the work day goes on I'll pep up some more.  Blaming allergies but who knows... just spacey and out of it.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

After the first sequel aren't they a little disingenuous calling it Final Fantasy?

Yanno I always thought about that, like, back in the 80s did they really think it was going to be a one and done, but then it just kinda... kept going.... 15+ games later.... here we are??

• Like 4

18 hours ago, shaar said:

I think I need to invest in liquid chalk..... I had enough gas in the tank, but slippery hands said nope.

Liquid chalk is the best chalk. Stays in place until it's washed away with water and soap, not sweat.

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

After the first sequel aren't they a little disingenuous calling it Final Fantasy?

It's not because of the story though. I think the first one was called that because it was the creator's last chance to make it or be fired. Or give up making games, not sure which of the two. Name stuck, I guess. I mean, even Star Wars was a working title until George Lucas could come up with something better.

• Like 4

Lvl 65 Multitasker

WEEKLY UPDATES

Man, this week has been kinda a wash.  My stomach really started acting up Monday and hasn't really chilled out since, so I'm giving myself a forced rest week because I've been eating like a bird and am not really looking to break myself further with poor nutrition -> lifting.

LIFT

[X] M  [ ] W  [ ] Th

Meh.  *shrug*

REPAIR

[X] 1   [X] 2   [ ] 3

Have had LOTS of time for this.

NOURISH

[X]  This week's lunch and snacks listed.  Caved and got chicken minis this morning.  Needed them, you know.

MISC

[X] Write up application for new FFXIV guild

Done and done, I have hornswoggled my way into a lovely group of folks who accept me as one of their own.

[ ] Get K a birthday card

Almost as important as that guild app TBH.

[X] Research finances and upcoming vet fees for Finn

Done.  Ready.  READY

[X] Clean up workspace; mostly old terminal clutter

Smol update.  More later~

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I hope you feel better soon.

^^ What he said. NAP HARD, EAT WHAT YOU CAN. Tomorrow will be better. It has no alternative. 

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Yoooo!  Wowie I let time get away from me, huh???

I've kinda felt a little ennui towards updating lately because I'm seriously just doing.... nothing new.  Same thing different week.  Still lifting, still nomming, status quo is very chill RN.  I think my updates just feel boring and repetitive???  Ho hum~~~

dnno.gif

At any rate things are going really well!!!  My stomach is 98% better and I'm having a great gym week.  Work is hella quiet this week so I'll probably catch up on some forum things.  My new FFXIV guild is hella cool and we played virtual Cards of Humanity last night to keep ourselves occupied while the servers were down.  (There is a FFXIV deck, oh bless~~)

On 5/11/2017 at 2:20 PM, ixaera said:

If you were on Leviathan, you should join ours! (But that seems unlikely)

Balmung, the overpopulated RP Capital of Eorzea!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 7

/returns from a long journey

( not really )

HI GUYS.  Weeeew I am a bad bunbun for not updating for over a month???  YEEK.   I've come back in a couple times actually to try and write an update but all I can come up with is radio silence and "???"... how exciting, right??

85287475.gif

ANYWAYS halloooo friendos, long time no post, I seriously need to go and check in on everyone but I guess a brief update first.  I honestly... don't have a hell of a lot to report!  Same ol' same ol', lifting 3x weekly, eating at a deficit, the biggest accomplishment I've had is that between lifting/deficit eating I've dropped 8 pounds and am 118#, something I haven't seen since HIGH SCHOOL.  Seriously.  Every time I step on the scale I'm still in awe that I.... did it.  (I'm 5'3" for reference.)  While I am looking forward to eating more and progressing lifts in a few months I'm really, really, really pleased with this.

Everything else is going pretty well, I'm playing a lot of STORMBLOOD and having a blast (as you've probably seen if you follow my IG ahahahha sorry) and we're getting ready for the long weekend by having a few friends in town.  Life is generally pretty darn good so that is a BIG PLUS. ^_________________^

My Summertime Resolution is to post more often, at least once a week, because I miss you guys~ ~ ~ 

• Like 8