Forums are back in action! ×

» captain's log [shaar: v. battle log]

18 hours ago, Raxie said:

Hahahah ohhhhh gosh that story is too funny.  Sorry you had to go through that but oh boy hahah.  I use combo locks on my locker for just this reason.  I honestly bet you probably made that other lady's day, because well...amusingness.

FOR REAL, I'm totally getting a combo lock now!!! ><

Ahaha she was all amazed I wasn't panicking, like she said "Boy some people would be freakin out but here you are all cool" and I'm just like "ahahaha yeah" but my brain is like SEVEN ALARM RED ALERT OK.

Wew~

3 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Yaaaay shaar is back!

HIHIHIHIHIHI

3 hours ago, Urgan said:

TGIF, SHAAR~

I CAN SAY IT for real now!!!!!!

Coworkers laughed at me yesterday, I tried real hard, but could not advance the space-time continuum to my liking I guess.

• Like 5

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

21 minutes ago, shaar said:

Ahaha she was all amazed I wasn't panicking, like she said "Boy some people would be freakin out but here you are all cool" and I'm just like "ahahaha yeah" but my brain is like SEVEN ALARM RED ALERT OK.

You can has calm facade. 

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

6 minutes ago, Raxie said:

I think shaar can just take credit for this one though.

#goodthingstaketime

• Like 2

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

7 hours ago, shaar said:

FOR REAL, I'm totally getting a combo lock now!!! ><

Wew~

HIHIHIHIHIHI

I CAN SAY IT for real now!!!!!!

Coworkers laughed at me yesterday, I tried real hard, but could not advance the space-time continuum to my liking I guess.

This is why I have a combo lock on my work locker.  Only it was me at work without my keys cause my hubby decided to take my car to the airport.  So I had to work in street shoes for the day instead of my slip & oil resistant ones shh don't tell anyone......

• Like 1

Level -20 Zombie Princess

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up”

-Björn Járnhamar

8 minutes ago, Shadri said:

*sirens blaring in the distance*

Evil child..... :P 

• Like 2

-Björn Járnhamar

U G H

I bought a new lock.

It's a combination lock.  It uses letters instead of numbers.  

My 3 digit letter code is YAC. :|

And for the life of me I cannot get the FRICKIN' THING TO OPEN.  I've tried for 5 minutes.  I don't even know anymore.  I'm thinking of just bringing some rope with me to the gym tomorrow and tying an elaborate boat knot around my locker door or something.  

• Like 4

I got a letter one that gave me SO MUCH TROUBLE too! I got a second one it was fine, but then Mr. Raxie got a letter one and it was messed up.  You could like tell they "unlocked" but then they just wouldn't come open.  I wonder if there's something wrong with the manufacturing of them if we all got the same brand?  

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Raxie said:

I got a letter one that gave me SO MUCH TROUBLE too! I got a second one it was fine, but then Mr. Raxie got a letter one and it was messed up.  You could like tell they "unlocked" but then they just wouldn't come open.  I wonder if there's something wrong with the manufacturing of them if we all got the same brand?  

Mine is a letter one, too, but no issues.  Its a masterlock I believe.

-Björn Járnhamar

11 hours ago, shaar said:

U G H

I bought a new lock.

And for the life of me I cannot get the FRICKIN' THING TO OPEN.  I've tried for 5 minutes.  I don't even know anymore.  I'm thinking of just bringing some rope with me to the gym tomorrow and tying an elaborate boat knot around my locker door or something.  

The universe has decided shaar locker shenanigans are funny.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

19 hours ago, shaar said:

U G H

I bought a new lock.

Just toss that sucker in your purse. It'll be open in 10 minutes, tops. 

• Like 2

On 7/30/2017 at 0:39 PM, Raxie said:

It is some ghetto offbrand kind like "MasterLok" or some junk.  THAT'S THE LAST TIME I BUY A CHEAP LOCK.

I tried for 10 more minutes, Kell the Literal Puzzlemaster tried it too, both of us, no dice.

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The universe has decided shaar locker shenanigans are funny.

Seriously - and this morning I went to two different stores looking for a new lock BUT BOTH STORES HAD NO LOCKS.

What is this skullduggery.

5 hours ago, Urgan said:

Just toss that sucker in your purse. It'll be open in 10 minutes, tops. 

But then comes the true test of when I have to open it myself in the locker room and start crying and have to summon the front desk girl with the giant boltcutters again RIP

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I vote complex boat knot

it's just safer at this point~

Heck, some people are too lazy to undo a twist tie. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I vote complex boat knot

it's just safer at this point~

Seriously I'm wondering tho'.

Gonna have to go to Target after work to find a store that SELLS LOCKS IN THIS FRIKAFRAK TOWN

UPDATES

Didn't go to the gym this morning because I didn't have a functional lock.  RIP me.

I'm 9/10 leaning towards doing the next 4WC because my nutrition, wew.  Needs some work.  Either I eat nothing or I eat lots of terrible things (hi pizza); the scale isn't moving either way but it takes a physical/mental toll on me when my nutrition is poor so I need to focus on that...

Finally broke down and am paying $9.99/mo for ad-free Spotify and WOW I wish I had done this sooner.  It's invaluable.  I use it for my gym playlist and also I like to stream my own music when I'm playing FFXIV so it's already paying for itself if I don't have to hear that stupid Subway ad with the screaming children over and over and over~

• Like 5

1 minute ago, shaar said:

Finally broke down and am paying $9.99/mo for ad-free Spotify and WOW I wish I had done this sooner.  It's invaluable.  I use it for my gym playlist and also I like to stream my own music when I'm playing FFXIV so it's already paying for itself if I don't have to hear that stupid Subway ad with the screaming children over and over and over~

Paid music services are pretty awesome~

• Like 1

I generally don't mind the ads as long as I get a decent amount of listening time between them. I do mind getting ads for steak and sports clips (they are sooo cringy!) and the baseball games. I don't care about that stuff! I use Pandora, and they have the whole thumbs up and down thing, but they have nothing like that for the stupid ads.

I started using google music, because I can upload my music to the cloud and then listen to it on my phone, without ads! (I don't use their radio thing)

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!