Forums are back in action! ×

It's Great To Be A Man

That girls are, for the majority, attracted to our sex is a bonus ^u^

And... you know how females have more 'grey matter' in their brain which allows them the ability to multi-task better? Yeah, I got like zilch because I have no multi-tasking ability at all. Not that I mind too much as the trade off is that I have a focus that can allow me to pick up a subject faster than some (but of course, this is generalizations, as the ratios and inner workings of the brain shift between each individual)

An elephant's brain is about 10 kg, but I don't see an elephant winning the Nobel prize the coming year.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

i can't believe none of ya'll have mentioned that men tend to get better (more distinguished) looking as they get older...while women tend to peak and fade. i'm so jealous of ya'll for that.

Oh man, you are totally right. I've had women mention that they can't wait until a salt and peppered version of BigM exists.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I've had cockroaches... some dude next to us was a walking health hazard and spread his filth to our apartment building. They were gross.

So we bombed the hell out of our kitchen and killed the mofo's. Exterminator unnecessary. We are men... we saran wrapped the doorways and windows and then left the house to soak in the gas for 24 hours.

Good times.

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

I've had cockroaches... some dude next to us was a walking health hazard and spread his filth to our apartment building. They were gross.

So we bombed the hell out of our kitchen and killed the mofo's. Exterminator unnecessary. We are men... we saran wrapped the doorways and windows and then left the house to soak in the gas for 24 hours.

Good times.

Went to the bar, right?

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

This is Lemony, the drywall spider I found on my couch a while back. Note: this is not photoshopped, that is his actual color!

10July31011.jpg

10July31010.jpg

And this is Phyllis. Her and her thousands of siblings used to live in our basement, but Phyllis would come upstairs to say 'Hello!'

spiderbig.jpg

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

An elephant's brain is about 10 kg, but I don't see an elephant winning the Nobel prize the coming year.

This had nothing to do with brain size ^_^

In fact, ALL human's brains have continued shrinking throughout the ages. It's the fact that they get more wrinkly that makes them actually able to hold more information.

I was simply referencing there's a trade off between the ability to focus and the ability to multi-task.

And actually, my terminology was wrong. It's men who have more of the Grey matter, and women who have more of the white matter (though, my rational was still correct, as the white matter is more connective for multi-data assimilation whereas grey matter is more for local processing)

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/01/050121100142.htm

I mean, this whole thread is basically meant to be taken at some level of a generalization anyways... since there are actually females who can pee standing up and guys who get free stuff because girls fawn over them. There are just much much less.

I've always had a fascination with Spiders, Scorpions, and the like, I've even had my Prof's pet Tarantula crawl on my arm, ahhh she was like an 8-legged kitten! I just wanted to kiss her!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I've always had a fascination with Spiders, Scorpions, and the like, I've even had my Prof's pet Tarantula crawl on my arm, ahhh she was like an 8-legged kitten! I just wanted to kiss her!

ok.. that one is a little strange...

I cant say i've ever had to urge to kiss a huntsman or spider, or any kind of fauna...

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

I have pics of it but for some reason I can't upload it, it says something like 404 [iOErrorEvent type= "ioerror"... etc. etc.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

The ability to join a fraternity. If any of y'all are still young enough to do so, do it. Greatest experience of my life so far.

And remember, "Joining a fraternity means nothing. But when you have really worked for it, sweated for it, cursed it, and loved it, as well as the men in it, you have something." -Alfred "Koko" Kovner, Pi Lambda Phi, PA Alpha Delta Chapter, Temple University

Maybe I'm breaking a guy code or most of you aren't parents or married, but yeah, I'm kinda surprised at what I'm reading...what about being a good husband and father? Seriously, I can't wait for the day I get to be both... :dispirited:

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

My BLOG

MY NF Blog

Maybe I'm breaking a guy code or most of you aren't parents or married, but yeah, I'm kinda surprised at what I'm reading...what about being a good husband and father? Seriously, I can't wait for the day I get to be both... :dispirited:

No wife, not kids, but could not agree more! All I have to do is look at my own father, my brother (father or 2), and my brother-in-law (father of 2) to see just how well a husband and father some men are made to be. So proud of all 3 of them!!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

All I have to do is look at my father, my in-laws and my friends and just think "Holy crap, some of these people were actually allowed to be put in charge of OTHER SMALLER HUMANS!!! What is wrong with the world!?!?!?" *shrugs* It's harder than it looks.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides.