Forums are back in action! ×

Sometimes It's Great to be a Woman

Man, life is so much better since I discovered the "ignore" function. :)

You know what's great about a being a woman? I can buy my clothes from the boy's section at H&M (not the men's, women's, or girl's section... the boy's) (okay I also get clothes from all the other sections sometimes) and people just think it's quirky or cute rather than creepy. I will stop doing this only when they put Lego Star Wars socks and Captain America t-shirts in the women's section.

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

As for men reading the women's section and women reading men's threads... I don't even notice where topics are located, I'm usually pressing the "What's new" button at the top of the page, it doesn't discriminate! No big deal. :)

As for why it's awesome being a lady? I definitely agree with the 'cute card', and I use my 'I'm an equal opportunity flirter' card which totally pays off sometimes.

Level 1 Wood Elf Druid

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

First Challenge

Man, life is so much better since I discovered the "ignore" function. :)

:triumphant:

You know what's great about a being a woman? I can buy my clothes from the boy's section at H&M (not the men's, women's, or girl's section... the boy's) (okay I also get clothes from all the other sections sometimes) and people just think it's quirky or cute rather than creepy. I will stop doing this only when they put Lego Star Wars socks and Captain America t-shirts in the women's section.

I never even thought to do this. Hmm... I'm a size 10 women's. DO they have boy's socks in that size? I bet it would be cheaper than all the Hot Topic superhero socks I buy.

In training to be awesome! :highly_amused:

, you can't have secks without damaging your reputation and you have to shave your legs and arms.

I'm married, I can have as much sex as I want and it does nothing but adds to my reputation as a wife that actually likes sex!

And I don't HAVE to shave my legs. I do because my hubby likes the smooth feel.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

can't pee standing up without making a hell of a mess, you can't have secks without damaging your reputation, and you have to shave your legs and arms.

Let's see here, I hike and climb quite often so I have fully mastered the art of peeing standing up or squatting down without making a mess. And regarding the last two, well I live in Germany so neither of those really apply here. ;)

And some things I do like about being a woman that I don't think others have mentioned:

Small(er) feet and small(er) hands - helps with climbing

Balance and flexibility

Not having to act or appear macho/concerned with sexuality

Can be friendly to children in public

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lies an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

"Moving on and Moving up" Challenge

I never even thought to do this. Hmm... I'm a size 10 women's. DO they have boy's socks in that size? I bet it would be cheaper than all the Hot Topic superhero socks I buy.
I'm a women's size 8 and a men's 6, so for a women's 10 I'm guessing you'd maybe be a 8? I'd guess that 'boys' sizes go pretty big because of the fact that they grow like weeds, so you might be in luck!

I'm a women's US shoe size 8.5, and I usually find boy's socks from 9 years and up usually fit me. They generally have the same ones in sizes up to 12 years, so it might work for you!

Also, the boy's shirts are surprisingly flattering. I'm a size 10 UK, which I think is a 6 or an 8 US? And I wear the 10-12 year old boy shirts, and they stretch very nicely... WAY cheaper than the ones from Hot Topic, yeah. Not as wide a selection, but definitely some good geeky ones!

I wonder if boy's shirts would work for me. I'm a DD.

Sorry for hijacking the thread! Let's see... what's good about being a woman....

We get away with wearing funky socks. I LOVE knee and thigh highs with a little denim skirt. sockdreams.com is my addiction. :D Before I lost weight I was too self conscious for skirts but now I own three or four.

you can't have secks without damaging your reputation,

I glossed over your post and missed this until someone pointed it out. I realize that you're young honey, but hopefully you're going to learn that slut shaming is really immature and pointless. In the real world, women can embrace their sexuality without feeling bad about themselves. Also, are you saying that pregnancy is a bad thing? I've had two kids and know that the feeling of a growing life inside you is amazing. That's something men will never get to experience and you should all be envious of it.

Being a woman rocks.

Man, the 'friendly with kids' thing is the truth. I'm a big guy, 6'4, broad shoulders, short hair, shades... even when I am out with MY OWN KIDS, if I get too near to someone else's the moms will often swoop in and scoop their own kids up. Because, you know. I'm a man. I'm evil.

It's weird being the only dad at the park, dropping the kids off at preschool or at the pool.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Ungh. Ignore function apparently does not apply to quotes. F***ing h***.

Someday this kid will meet a real woman who will give him a boot to the head. Until then: I have plenty of sex (a boyfriend in this city, and a couple from a city nearby, at the moment) and my reputation is just fine, thanks. Pretty much the only people who have had a problem with my habits are 1. Jehovah's Witnesses or 2. Bitter guys who haven't had a girlfriend in years. Eduard doesn't really come across as a Jehovah's Witness to me.

Actually, you know what's awesome about being a woman? I can say "Hi, would you be interested in coming home with me tonight" to people, and I don't come across as a predator.

95208979592445598_wqiZBwiM.jpg

I wonder if boy's shirts would work for me. I'm a DD.

I'm a DD-E and they work for me. :)

But I think part of this may be that I am generally tiny, and for some reason have a normal sized chest stuck on.

Man, the 'friendly with kids' thing is the truth. I'm a big guy, 6'4, broad shoulders, short hair, shades... even when I am out with MY OWN KIDS, if I get too near to someone else's the moms will often swoop in and scoop their own kids up. Because, you know. I'm a man. I'm evil.

It's weird being the only dad at the park, dropping the kids off at preschool or at the pool.

It sucks that we end up being on edge about the nice men because there are so many not nice men out there doing awful things. A lot of women feel they can't take the risk, especially when it comes to kids.

Also, more men should take the kids to the park!!! I am always 'awww!' when I see men being affectionate with their kids because it's such a rare sight, you know. My godfather is a very present dad and I always admired him for that.

I'm here just to remind you all that you have periods, pregnacy, can't pee standing up without making a hell of a mess, your boobs hurt while our pecs don't, you don't produce testosterone so you rely just on HGH to build muscle which means you won't build as much as us men do, you can't have secks without damaging your reputation, you're more often depressive than most men, and you have to shave your legs and arms.

Now, before you jump on me, this is just some justice served for the two girls who posted in our area (one and two) and for the fact that OP copied our thread "It's Great To Be A Man" which means she obviously read it, and she's probably not the only one ("...For those of you who have been following the man thread to this effect...").

Love you! <3 But really, you've been warned. There's a reason why we have separate areas to talk, and it's because men shouldn't read what women discuss intimately, and vice versa.

Eddy, honey, we know we have problems (pretty sure I admitted some of those in my initial post) :D But we're here to point out the good parts. I'm sure men have their downfalls too, but are those the things that you're posting in the men's thread? That's also why the title is "SOMETIMES It's Great to be a Woman." I'm sure a lot of us are fine with not building as much muscle as men, and actually women do produce testosterone, just not as much as men. I agree that for some reason, women with many sexual partners seem to be more of a stigma than men with many sexual partners, but I think if a person is comfortable with his/her sexuality and they're living a life that they're happy with, that's all that matters.

I stated that I've read the men's thread at the beginning because I knew it would be obvious and wasn't going to try to hide it. I'm sorry if you're offended by that, but I didn't comment there and I'm not trying to judge anyone. I DO, however avoid the "Men ONLY Please..." thread, because that is really, truly a men's only thread and I try to respect that. Someone else mentioned before that they just click "What's New" at the top of the page and don't really pay attention to what guild it is. I'm pretty guilty of that also. I'm fine with you guys reading our threads, I've got nothing to hide, and I'm fairly certain I expect you to read them. It's not like the threads are password protected, and I don't think they should be. I actually think it can be a good thing that we can see some of the issues that the other gender deals with. If we're open-minded about it, I think it can only lead to better understanding of each other, which is something that we seem to struggle with on a daily basis.

*Hugs* Don't be mad at me for wanting to copy the great idea to have a thread like the men's thread, please!

Eduard. It's gonna happen. I read the Womens ones all the time. If I can help, I will, female or male.

Thanks, bestie :) I'm glad you're not afraid to admit it! And we do appreciate your helpful inputs!

It sucks that we end up being on edge about the nice men because there are so many not nice men out there doing awful things. A lot of women feel they can't take the risk, especially when it comes to kids.

Also, more men should take the kids to the park!!! I am always 'awww!' when I see men being affectionate with their kids because it's such a rare sight, you know. My godfather is a very present dad and I always admired him for that.

I'm with you! I LOVE to see men with kids. I've had a lot more men in my life than women growing up, so it's pretty natural to me. Still, my heart melts when I see a guy playing with little kids

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Hint to men: if you want to pick up a woman, instead of buying a dog, buy a kid.....?

ZenGwen, I am jealous of your multiple boyfriends. :( Somehow I don't think my husband would approve!

LOL! Dogs help too. Unless, of course, the guy is treating his pet poorly, using a pitbull for dog fights, or something like this. Will never see me again, buddy! And I will probably call the cops on you.