Forums are back in action! ×

Things you wish women would stop doing to themselves

Exactly. Silentplanet seems to think it's only ok to do it for someone else.

Whoaaaa hold up here. Not true at all. I don't see the value In it at all... doing it for yourself is the only base i hadn't covered and all I said is that it doesn't seem worth it! Accepting yourself is a far better way of dealing with your self image. Changing yourself never really solves the underlying problem. If you were unfortunate enough to be born deformed or injured severely then sure but often nothing is wrong at all and copious amounts of money is wasted and surgeons (that could be doing stuff that saves lives) are cutting up perfectly fine faces.

I never said anything about doing it for others. Christ, I never really even considered it to be an option. I don't even think like that. I try to be proud of who I am and I think everyone has that right and nobody should ever change anything at someone else's desires or even society's.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Whoaaaa hold up here. Not true at all. I don't see the value In it at all... doing it for yourself is the only base i hadn't covered and all I said is that it doesn't seem worth it! Accepting yourself is a far better way of dealing with your self image. Changing yourself never really solves the underlying problem. If you were unfortunate enough to be born deformed or injured severely then sure but often nothing is wrong at all and copious amounts of money is wasted and surgeons (that could be doing stuff that saves lives) are cutting up perfectly fine faces.

I never said anything about doing it for others. Christ, I never really even considered it to be an option. I don't even think like that. I try to be proud of who I am and I think everyone has that right and nobody should ever change anything at someone else's desires or even society's.

Well, that's what you said: I like boob's at all sizes.. I don't like plastic ones. Doing it for yourself really doesn't seem worth it.

In other words, you said you like all sizes of boobs, and you don't see the point of a woman getting an augmentation for herself. Conclusion: your preferences trump hers. Can you really blame Thrillho for reaching his conclusion?

Now seriously, I think there's a difference between breast implants and other implants (calf, six-pack, butt): you don't get bigger boobs with training. You can work out to get a six-pack or a rounder butt, but breasts don't grow like that. If you have small breasts, the only way to get bigger ones is through an implant.

In the end, it all comes back to that: women can like whatever they do in men; men can like whatever they do in women. But people do whatever they like because they like it. Others' preferences shouldn't matter.

Now, a question for the men in the thread: you all said you don't like make-up. But I'm rather curious, because when I wear make-up, a lot of my classmates and friends don't even seem to notice it (I'm talking concealer, a bit of powder, things like that). When you talk about excess make-up, are you referring to all make-up or that heavy make-up for the night (things like bright blue or black eye shadow, and red lipstick)?

Well, that's what you said: I like boob's at all sizes.. I don't like plastic ones. Doing it for yourself really doesn't seem worth it.

In other words, you said you like all sizes of boobs, and you don't see the point of a woman getting an augmentation for herself. Conclusion: your preferences trump hers. Can you really blame Thrillho for reaching his conclusion?

(things like bright blue or black eye shadow, and red lipstick)

Ohh internet miscommunications, you so silly.

Anyone else immediately think of that lady from Drew Carey? Mimi? ahhh!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

When I met my wife, she was a cape-and-corset goth, with a lot of black and white makeup... a LOT. And that was hotter than hell, to me :) Clown makeup / Joan Rivers makeup / "Look at me, a My Little Pony exploded all over my face!" makeup doesn't do much for me, though, but if you wanna go be a bar star and glam it up, go for it. If you want to wear that when we meet my parents, maybe we need to reconsider things a bit...

And I didn't mean to be offensive, Planet, but, well... that was basically what you said. You gave guidelines for what women could do to appeal or not to appeal to YOU. If you like a woman, and then she got implants, you would not like her... that is her decision. She obviously wouldn't want to be with someone who didn't like her appearance or her choices, and she will have no problem attracting someone who does.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Personal opinion incoming. ;)

To me it's okay with make-up as long as it's very subtle or if it's done for a certain occasion, like artistic or alternative styles. A lot of women love to play around with how they look, be it clothes, hair or other details, and I definitely think it's something you should continue to do if you enjoy it. However, when I see women like this who has problems showing her real face it's gone too far. Yes, she has severe acne, but the mask she has instead isn't that inviting either when you can see the artificial layer she made. There's nothing wrong with wanting to look good but, to me, it would be nice to look at who the woman really is, not someone who she is not. It's one thing seeing it in a movie or show, where certain features should pop, but when you're standing face to face and talking to a woman and you get the urge to "scrape the paint" it's almost comical. It has happened a few times that friends of mine who don't wear make-up, some days decide to wear some, and you barely recognize them! It's like you have to get to know them a second time.

I think the reason why heavy make-up irks me is either because it's overworked, and usually looks bad, or it's because women are starting to look like carbon copies and certain looks doesn't interest me. I don't know about you guys but unique looks gets me interested and unique doesn't need to mean weird or ugly. I don't know if it was in this thread or over in the women's guild but someone mentioned something similar. The natural glow of a woman who has worked out, or been out in the cold, with natural blush cheeks is tenfold attractive to artificial make-up.

Most important of all; make-up can't replace a smile and a sweet personality. If you have that you don't have to bother about things like these, similar can be said about men and their looks too I believe. :)

I don't see the value In it at all... doing it for yourself is the only base i hadn't covered and all I said is that it doesn't seem worth it!

And I didn't mean to be offensive, Planet, but, well... that was basically what you said. You gave guidelines for what women could do to appeal or not to appeal to YOU. If you like a woman, and then she got implants, you would not like her... that is her decision. She obviously wouldn't want to be with someone who didn't like her appearance or her choices, and she will have no problem attracting someone who does.
Ohh internet miscommunications, you so silly.

Wow! As Laura said....internet miscommunication is right.

Silent, I follow what you said....in your opinion, a woman having cosmetic surgery to "improve" something that she think needs "improving" doesn't seem worth it to you because you don't see anything that needs to be improved. Key words there are "worth it", not an absolute "it's wrong"! You simply don't see the value....check, I gotcha.

To address what others are saying about it. "Conclusion: your preferences trump hers." Who's "her"? We're not talking about a specific woman here. His preference doesn't trump anything other than his choice in women. He never made the statement that women shouldn't do it, he just doesn't believe that it is worthwhile. It's an opinion...that's all.

And Thrillo, don't we all have "guidelines for what women [or men] could do to appeal or not to appeal to" us? I know I do, and I would hope that is the case for others, and it would be absolutely expected that if a woman doesn't meet my guidelines ("my type"), then of course she would find someone who does.

Not really sure what just happened here with Silent's statement. Am I the only one that read it as "one man's opinion on a web forum"??

EDIT:

Personal opinion incoming. ;)

Doh! That's what Silent forgot to do! :)

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Things I don't like when I see:

Bleach their hair

Fake tan

Strive to look like every other girl. I call this the cookie-cutter effect (and usually results in the first two).

Hide their intelligence until they can't find it any more.

Straighten curly hair.

Things I love when I see:

Splashes of unnatural colors in hair.

Knee-high boots under long skirts.

Passion for something that might not be popular, but they like.

Intelligence.

Now, a question for the men in the thread: you all said you don't like make-up. But I'm rather curious, because when I wear make-up, a lot of my classmates and friends don't even seem to notice it (I'm talking concealer, a bit of powder, things like that). When you talk about excess make-up, are you referring to all make-up or that heavy make-up for the night (things like bright blue or black eye shadow, and red lipstick)?
Curious too about makeup as well. I like heavy eyeliner but only on weekends/occasions. Barely use powder/foundation...

A point that I made about makeup is just to not cake it on. I actually really like makeup because it can highlight features and bring out parts of a woman's face that she is proud of. But to see it caked on....GAH! And I have seen some that apparently pick out the wrong foundation or whatever and there is that line where the makeup stops and the skin starts.....either a color picking problem or she doesn't know how to blend. Blend that stuff....blend!

Airen, so for me, this is what you are doing with your eyeliner. You are highlighting your eyes and getting me to look into them. This is awesome and the kind of makeup I like to see.

EDIT:

Straighten curly hair.

YES! Can't believe I didn't think of the curly hair one! I love natural curly hair!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I understand what Planet meant to say, but what he said was different - I mean, 'doing it for yourself doesn't seem to be worth it' it's pretty confusing, as it implies that doing it for others is worthy.

As for the make-up on the video girl... omg, and I complain about my acne? Sorry, Denny, I'm totally on her side here. You may think the make-up it's excessive, but having that kind of acne sucks big time. Seriously, do you actually prefer her with a clean face? Cause I can assure you that if this girl walks around without make-up, she'll be teased to death. People will stop her every five steps with wonderful advice to get rid of those nasty things on her face (as if she hasn't tried them all). So the make-up not only hides the pimples, but also helps her with the annoying people who love to dish advice, you know?

I think that without make-up, she'll get next to 100 percent negative attention, and with make-up she'll get like 100% positive among women and 50% positive among men (because a lot of men don't like make-up... IDK, seems like a good trade for me.

To be honest, I didn't realize she had a lot of make-up on until I saw her without it. If you had not seen the video, would you know how much make-up she was using?

I'm with you, Arashi, I think it's easy to say that you like girls better without make-up, but can you say you would like that girl in the video without make-up? Can you guys honestly say that you wouldn't do EVERYTHING within your power to get rid of acne that bad if that was your face? I've know plenty of guys that use more face products than I do because of acne. I don't get pimples often, but even when it's one pimple in an obvious spot, I'll dab a little concealer or foundation on it when I'm trying to look good. And if I hadn't seen her face without the foundation, I wouldn't have known her acne was that bad. Maybe I'm shallow, but I like guy with good skin... and if I was a guy, I'd be more likely to approach that girl with a made-up face than without. Sure, it's a lie, it's a facade, but don't we all put those up? Men that trim their beards to make it look like they have a stronger jawline? Women that wear clothing cut in a just such a way to make it look like their curves are better than they are? Guys that wear baggy shirts or sweatshirts to hide a little gut? We all just want to feel good, and sure, it's a nice principle to say that people should just be themselves and present themselves as they are, but when has anyone done that ever? I'm sure even cro-mag guys puffed out their chests when they were trying to get the ladies ;)

EDIT: And you're right, make-up can't replace personality or a great smile, but sometimes make-up can allow someone the confidence to get close enough to let you experience her personality and sweet smile ;)

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Oh hai! I just watched one of that chick's other videos which was an update on her acne and just found this interesting - it's gotten a lot better and she attributes it partly to having done a water fast/cleanse.... wonder if should could benefit from going paleo? :P

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

I'm with you, Arashi, I think it's easy to say that you like girls better without make-up, but can you say you would like that girl in the video without make-up? Can you guys honestly say that you wouldn't do EVERYTHING within your power to get rid of acne that bad if that was your face? I've know plenty of guys that use more face products than I do because of acne. I don't get pimples often, but even when it's one pimple in an obvious spot, I'll dab a little concealer or foundation on it when I'm trying to look good. And if I hadn't seen her face without the foundation, I wouldn't have known her acne was that bad. Maybe I'm shallow, but I like guy with good skin... and if I was a guy, I'd be more likely to approach that girl with a made-up face than without. Sure, it's a lie, it's a facade, but don't we all put those up? Men that trim their beards to make it look like they have a stronger jawline? Women that wear clothing cut in a just such a way to make it look like their curves are better than they are? Guys that wear baggy shirts or sweatshirts to hide a little gut? We all just want to feel good, and sure, it's a nice principle to say that people should just be themselves and present themselves as they are, but when has anyone done that ever? I'm sure even cro-mag guys puffed out their chests when they were trying to get the ladies ;)

EDIT: And you're right, make-up can't replace personality or a great smile, but sometimes make-up can allow someone the confidence to get close enough to let you experience her personality and sweet smile ;)

I had acne worse than her when I was in high school. I don't blame her for wearing makeup, but she is the exception.

Marsupial Assassin - LVL 3

STR 10 || DEX 3 || STA 5 || CON 8 || WIS 11 || CHA 7

Fitocracy || MyFitnessPal

I had acne worse than her when I was in high school. I don't blame her for wearing makeup, but she is the exception.

I can agree with that. I've known few women that I thought looked much better with make up on. I still reserve the right to use it for the powers of fun though! :P

Oh, totally. Personally, I think excessive make-up is a hassle, too. I use it mostly to cover pimples and even then, only when I'm not too lazy. I'm lucky that my job doesn't require me to doll up. Also, using too much make-up in Rio is completely useless some times - during summer, the whole thing melts, it's a mess. Lipstick and mascara, sometimes a little blusher and concealer... that's me.

Also, I must say that that healthy pinky face... sometimes it's make-up too, guys, don't be fooled. Liquid blusher is wonderful for this kind of effect. Google 'Benetint'. :)

I'm sorry for expressing myself poorly, I put too much emphasis in my comments on no make-up that it sounds as if I loath all make-up out there. I believe I mentioned subtlety is okay but maybe it was lost in my Swenglish. She does look better after the foundation, she doesn't need much more after that to finish up, however her eyes are friggin' gorgeous so despite her acne I find her very attractive. I can understand if she covers up, if it is to avoid 'helpful advice' or teasing, but I still stand firm that I personally prefer to see women with no / light / maintenance make-up (if you get my point) and I find skillfully applied make-up very attractive at occasions. What I think I'm trying to get at, like icedtrip mentioned, is that women doesn't look good when they're caked in make-up and it's all too common that it has turned into a pet peeve of mine. I think I'm just being irrational about the make-up topic because the caked examples keep popping up in my head while typing this.

Do your make-up and don't cake it, that's maybe the easiest way of putting it and is how simple I should have stated it. I always overdo my reasoning, you could say I cake my posts. ;)

Also, I must say that that healthy pinky face... sometimes it's make-up too, guys, don't be fooled. Liquid blusher is wonderful for this kind of effect. Google 'Benetint'. :)
I have probably been fooled by this myself but then it's a perfect example of make-up done right. :)

I think these ladies you guys refer to are not very skilled when it comes to applying make-up, as a talented person can make it look like there's much less make-up on a face than there actually is. :) I wish I had that talent...

Also, don't feel bad about being fooled by the pinky cheeks effect. It's liquid, so it's impossible to notice if you apply it right. And it's so little - I need one small drop for each cheek, and that's it. Liquid blusher also has the advantage of allowing people to kiss you in the cheek, as people don't get all powdery after kissing you. ;)

Guest Gemeaux

Okay this might sound mean , but I HATE it when women put on their makeup on the train ! I sit next to a woman on a packed train and she is spending ten minutes applying mascara .

Get up earlier ! if I am running late I just do it at work or just go without .