Forums are back in action! ×

What women love about men.

This is sort of a reciprocal thread to the one the guys started about things women do to themselves, and sort of got hijacked into a 'what men like about women' thread.

Also, Bruce said that society tends to look down on a man enjoying being a man, and that's sad that he should feel that way. So let's let the guys in on the things we love most about men, shall we?

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Okay, if I'm allowed to stereotype:

I love the way men will listen to my problems and then actually offer practical solutions, or encourage me to come up with them on my own. It's just what I need when I'm a bit emotional and need something to kickstart my rational thinking again. Sort of - yes, I agree that sucks, now what can you do about it?

• Like 2

"See, Leisha -- this tree made this flower. Because it can. Only this tree can make this kind of wonderful flower. That plant hanging up there can't, and those can't either. Only this tree. Therefore the most important thing in the world for this tree to do is grow this flower. The flower is the tree's individuality -- that means just it, and nothing else -- made manifest. Nothing else matters." ~ Nancy Kress, Beggars in Spain

~ I am the warrant and the sanction ~

omg... I LOVE the smell of a man who's been outside. Even just driving with the windows open puts a certain smell on them. Drives me nuts.

and I love watching a man fix something, manually.

Oh my God YES. Men think they always have to clean up first but really sometimes there's nothing sexier than a sweaty man that's been doing manly things! I'm not saying smother us with your sweaty body but being close enough for us to smell you can be a big turn on. I said that part because I'm sure some ladies will disagree with the sweaty man thing.

And shoulders. There is nothing like a nice strong shouler to snuggle on, cry on, lean your head on slow dancing. Yum!

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

omg... I LOVE the smell of a man who's been outside. Even just driving with the windows open puts a certain smell on them. Drives me nuts.

and I love watching a man fix something, manually.

Oh yeah.

I also like when a man makes me laugh when I'm too stressed or angry. Or when he just hugs me really tight and lets me know I'm not alone.

Man-smell is awesome! Especially if he's outdoorsy...mine always smells like the woods: trees, fresh cut grass, sweat, dirt...aww yeah!

Chest, back and shoulders...*sigh*

Stubble, on a man it's sexy, on me...gross, lol.

Pure brute strength! Always leaves me in awe when I watch Hubby work out.

Deep voices, logical, linear thinking, male intelligence, daddy skills, all very sexy!

• Like 1

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

I love the way men will listen to my problems and then actually offer practical solutions, or encourage me to come up with them on my own.

Congratulations, you are the first woman ever* to think that. :D

*As far as I can tell. My sample group only consists of a couple hundred women...

• Like 3

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

*As far as I can tell. My sample group only consists of a couple hundred women...

Really? Wow.

...then again, I was raised by a single dad and so a lot of the weird cultural trappings of femaleness that I'm reading about in the other thread just seem bizarre to me.

Best advice a guy ever gave me as a geeky teenager: when you're freaking out over something, just ask yourself What Would Spock Do? Yeah, it's about as nerdy as it gets, but it sort of works. Yay for logic.

"See, Leisha -- this tree made this flower. Because it can. Only this tree can make this kind of wonderful flower. That plant hanging up there can't, and those can't either. Only this tree. Therefore the most important thing in the world for this tree to do is grow this flower. The flower is the tree's individuality -- that means just it, and nothing else -- made manifest. Nothing else matters." ~ Nancy Kress, Beggars in Spain

~ I am the warrant and the sanction ~

Don't have pec's.. but I have nice boobs.. are they good enough? =P

EDIT: I also really like the reply about practical solutions. I love giving practical advice and helping people solve problems =) it's good fun! if it's enjoyed then hell.. I may just go around forcing my advice down people's throats (j/p j/p)

• Like 1

Not true! I think all women like the practical advice, IF that's what we want. The assumption that we ALWAYS want a solution is where men go wrong.

Also, sometimes we want empathy first, then problem solving suggestions.

• Like 1

~Oscar Wilde

Hmmm..

nothing better than a man that easy to talk to. thats great at what they do, and confident enough to do it that well.

I have to agree with the smell of working outdoors. and big shoulders. and arms. nothing more comforting than having big arms to hold onto :). I'm a big neck person too. my husband has the perfect neck and jawline. and eyes. but thats physical. and I'm verry biased :).

I love when guys are there for you just as a friend, and even after youre engaged or married, theyre still your friend. but thats close to impossible these days.

Anything is possible for him who believes. (Mark 9:23)
"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training
STR-10 DEX-6 STA-9 CON-4 WIS-16.5 CHA-5

i like big arms wrapped around me. sometimes the little girl inside just wants the illusion of being safe.

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

I like it when they know stuff that I don't. I think superior knowledge is HOT.

:)

For Sure!!! And it can be about anything he is passionate about. Knowledge is sexy. Ramble on about huntin' and fishin' and I'm clueless = hot. Cars and carburetors + me clueless = Hot. Passion about knowing something is hot.

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

Man legs on guys that work out.

Man style hanging out. Hanging out with a beer or two watching stuff... laid back, nice. I love this and it's why I always spent more time with men.

Men who like women who like sports and who like women's sports (b/c they like sports). These are often super awesome guys. My guy wanted to go to women's world cup - twice!!

Men who know when to hug you AND when it's patronizing. That's a rare breed indeed.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Shoulders and back, definitely hot.

Guys who know how to do things? Especially building or fixing - YES.

His arms around me, his hands on my waist, snuggling up against him. Win.

I also love it when a guy lays his head on my shoulder/chest. So cozy :)

Not only do I love rumbly/deep voices, but I LOVE when men sing (you don't have to have a deep voice necessarily)... even if it's just under their breath and only around me.

Man smell (not the sweat SO much) and how their t-shirts still smell like them after they've been washed.

Working hands.

I love it when a guy brushes the hair out of my face.

Oh. A guy that can cook. Especially a fit man in an apron... OMG *drool*

Someone who can hunt/fish.

I don't even mind watching sports with them as long as they do amusing things like shout at the TV.

Hmm... hmm... hmm... so many things I love about men. I'm sure I'll come up with more.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

My BF is a pilot, and I love that he can fly a plane but that he's so helpless when something is wrong with our baby daughter! Also love: men in white t-shirts and jeans, how WARM they are all the time, big hands, and how fascinated they get with your pregnant belly <3

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Level 3: Outcast, Tweets, Pinterest, "Nerd? We prefer the term Intellectual Badass"

If you ladies don't mind me jumping in for an opinion. Thoughts on chest hair? Not talking about gorilla amount of hair, just average.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

If you ladies don't mind me jumping in for an opinion. Thoughts on chest hair? Not talking about gorilla amount of hair, just average.

Average chest hair can be fun :) Just as long as the man doesn't mind me running my fingers through it. I think it's silly for the man to shave/wax it.... especially if it is JUST average.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram