Forums are back in action! ×

What women love about men.

I love that men are muscular, even if they are overweight, they usually have pretty good tone in their arms and shoulders and even their legs most of the time...and it's nice.

Granted, the ones who are on the too thin end of the spectrum, may not have as much, but they almost always have potential to gain it, and that's still a thing to love.

and I love that ^^^^^ (that guy) is ballsy enough to do that AND hold his little dog too :wub:

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Oh, boys! What's a girl got to do!?!

I remember reading an article somewhere, maybe in Men's Health or Esquire, that said that men should always assume a woman is just being friendly and that women should always assume a man is flirting.

• Like 1

"If you're not waking up in the morning and living your life like a ritual of creation or destruction or life or death or love or hate then you really are just dieing one minute at a time."

- Paul "Grimnir" Waggener of the Wolves of Vinland

Mogi Shade, Level 4 Yeti

[STR 6] [DEX 8] [STA 4] [CON 5] [WIS 4] [CHA 4]

Current Challenge: [05]

JJSOMMER.COM | Tumblr | Instagram

Quinte Outdoor Club Meet-Up Group [ON, Canada]

I mentioned something like that before ;)

Yeah, at 72 pages I am not reading the entire thread.  :P

It is a good rule to follow though.  I know when ever I am speaking to a woman I am usually flirting, albeit harmlessly and without further design.

• Like 1

"If you're not waking up in the morning and living your life like a ritual of creation or destruction or life or death or love or hate then you really are just dieing one minute at a time."

Mogi Shade, Level 4 Yeti

Yeah, at 72 pages I am not reading the entire thread. :P

It is a good rule to follow though. I know when ever I am speaking to a woman I am usually flirting, albeit harmlessly and without further design.

I think that's normal. Isn't it...?

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I think that's normal. Isn't it...?

I'm probably the last person you should be asking what constitutes as normal.

• Like 3

Mogi Shade, Level 4 Yeti

Find guys that aren't super oblivious... :-)

Okay, but guys no complaining about not getting the girl…. maybe it is not so much about being a "closer" and more about being cognizant… or at least awake!  :) 

Of course, if you can't get a guy's attention to begin with, it only gets worst over time.

• Like 1

I remember reading an article somewhere, maybe in Men's Health or Esquire, that said that men should always assume a woman is just being friendly and that women should always assume a man is flirting.

This is how you become a non-closer and end up not getting laid. By always assuming that a woman is "just being friendly" you miss important subtle cues that she is giving out. This is how you end up interpreting "This place is a waste of time. Let's go back to your room and I'll help you pack." and "Come to my condo alone at 2:30 in the morning.I'm lonely." as just a female being friendly.

A lot of women are so oblivious to how dense men are. Their communication systems are so refined and sophisticated that to us they appear to be communicating under some gender-specific telepathic network. They can have entire conversations within a split-second without saying a word. A woman explained to me how when she and her husband were walking together down a street another female makes momentary eye contact with her husband, then makes momentary eye contact with her. Apparently that translates to "Game on, bitch." She was pissed-off at her husband, but he had no idea what was going on.

Oh, boys! What's a girl got to do!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-uf4J8mILe4#t=41

This is how you become a non-closer and end up not getting laid. By always assuming that a woman is "just being friendly" you miss important subtle cues that she is giving out. This is how you end up interpreting "This place is a waste of time. Let's go back to your room and I'll help you pack." and "Come to my condo alone at 2:30 in the morning.I'm lonely." as just a female being friendly.

A lot of women are so oblivious to how dense men are. Their communication systems are so refined and sophisticated that to us they appear to be communicating under some gender-specific telepathic network. They can have entire conversations within a split-second without saying a word. A woman explained to me how when she and her husband were walking together down a street another female makes momentary eye contact with her husband, then makes momentary eye contact with her. Apparently that translates to "Game on, bitch." She was pissed-off at her husband, but he had no idea what was going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-uf4J8mILe4#t=41

Not sure if serious.  However, if I was having a friendly conversation with a woman at work or at the bank and she requested I come to her apartment alone at 2:30 AM I think a lot of things would be going through my mind.

However, I am only in this thread for the lulz.  I "closed" 13 years ago and haven't reopened.  

"Hey attractive co-worker, I fixed your radio console.  By the way, I love what you did with your hair!"

"This places is a waste of time, let's go back to your place and help you pack."

"...    ....    ....  WHERE AM I GOING?"

• Like 1

Mogi Shade, Level 4 Yeti

Not sure if serious. However, if I was having a friendly conversation with a woman at work or at the bank and she requested I come to her apartment alone at 2:30 AM I think a lot of things would be going through my mind.

However, I am only in this thread for the lulz. I "closed" 13 years ago and haven't reopened.

"Hey attractive co-worker, I fixed your radio console. By the way, I love what you did with your hair!"

"This places is a waste of time, let's go back to your place and help you pack."

"... .... .... WHERE AM I GOING?"

Oh, I'm never serious. But I didn't mean you, yourself, as an individual person, I meant people in general (but I kind of sound pretentious when I refer to people as "one"). Actually I was implying more on the grounds of me. "That's how I..." By ALWAYS assuming that a woman is merely being friendly, I miss a lot of the indicators of when she isn't. Missing the indicators of flirting is a long-running recurring joke in this topic.

Anyway, I assume everyone here is in the thread for the so-called lulz. It's a hilarious thread. You should check out the previous 70 or so pages. Money.

• Like 2

Yeah, in it for the lulz! :D

Right! I've got to ask. Is this^^^^ really true? Because I'm just not convinced of it. I think it must be some kind of myth or urban legend. Or am I really that dense that I'm somehow missing it all?

I've seen it in action, but only ever in a negative context (That bitch! Did you see the way she was looking at me? Etc) and always from a certain kind of woman. I can't help but think this concept of "non vocal communication" is simply camouflage for competitiveness, the same way as when you get alpha-type males strutting around vying for position, these women are actually just reacting to another potential "threat" rather than anything else.

But then again. It might be that I really am just that dense... What do you girls think?

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Yeah, in it for the lulz! :D

Right! I've got to ask. Is this^^^^ really true? Because I'm just not convinced of it. I think it must be some kind of myth or urban legend. Or am I really that dense that I'm somehow missing it all?

I've seen it in action, but only ever in a negative context (That bitch! Did you see the way she was looking at me? Etc) and always from a certain kind of woman. I can't help but think this concept of "non vocal communication" is simply camouflage for competitiveness, the same way as when you get alpha-type males strutting around vying for position, these women are actually just reacting to another potential "threat" rather than anything else.

But then again. It might be that I really am just that dense... What do you girls think?

More likely it's just that us guys are so dense we have to resort to thinking girls do this to have any hope of rationalizing what they're thinking at any given moment.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Yeah, I'd say that simple eye contact on a woman's part is often just simple eye contact. I mean, I like to be at least somewhat aware of my surroundings so if I'm out someplace, I'll look around. If I happen to glance at a man and then scroll left to the woman he's with, I'm not trying to egg her on in any way. But I don't know, sometimes I think maybe I don't understand stuff like this. My husband and I have been together since our early teens so I have never been experienced the normal dating/courting scene. (The fact that I just used the term "courting scene"probably illustrates that point.)

I do know that women are, in general, more sensitive to tone of voice so we may hear more from a sentence than a man would.

• Like 5

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP