Forums are back in action! ×

What women love about men.

Depends on how long it takes her to find it, I s'pose?

What bloody cheek! That's it, you're for it now! I'm going to take every cheap shot I can think of to slag off your height, or lack thereof. I will show NO MERCY!!!! :P

• Like 3

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I have a weakness for men that are being kind and patient to their children.

I remember walking through the parking lot at Target and a man was holding the hand of his five year old and carrying a crying, out of control two year old and just being very gentle and patient the whole time the kid was losing it and you couldn't help adore this guy… he was so sweet even during the melt down. In the same parking lot, I passed a woman laying into her older son about something small, really bitching him out.  It made me think about how I handle my stress and children's behavior in public, I hope I never do that! You could help but hate the woman and feel sorry for the son.

A guy that can keep his cool during high stress situations (especially toddler melt downs), very attractive! :)

(Explained at around 22:25)

This seems to be another one of those traits that I am yet to learn how to leverage. I used to babysit for the most adorable (yet bratty) 2 year-old girl. It was her mom's birthday one time and we all went to this laser tag place. Of course she shouldn't be left unattended in a dark room with adults running around trying to shoot each other, so I did the rounds while carrying her. She and I actually shot quite a few people; I even had her pull the trigger sometimes. I'm sure that scene would probably have been a massive female panty-dropper, and it would have been great if I knew what to do with dropped panties. It was quite a fun time, albeit exhaisting.

shootem-baby.jpg

• Like 3

This seems to be another one of those traits that I am yet to learn how to leverage. I used to babysit for the most adorable (yet bratty) 2 year-old girl. It was her mom's birthday one time and we all went to this laser tag place. Of course she shouldn't be left unattended in a dark room with adults running around trying to shoot each other, so I did the rounds while carrying her. She and I actually shot quite a few people; I even had her pull the trigger sometimes. I'm sure that scene would probably have been a massive female panty-dropper, and it would have been great if I knew what to do with dropped panties. It was quite a fun time, albeit exhaisting.

shootem-baby.jpg

Excellent illustration, just how I imagined it haha!

If you can't get the attention whilst babysitting, try dogs. In my previous single life, I found that having a dog (alright my parent's dog) is a great ice breaker when you're in the park. Women seem to appreciate a man who is good with animals. Although single guys with cats can be a bit strange (see Quagmire and James). If I was single again and didn't work full time I'd definitely own a dog.

Excellent illustration, just how I imagined it haha!

If you can't get the attention whilst babysitting, try dogs. In my previous single life, I found that having a dog (alright my parent's dog) is a great ice breaker when you're in the park. Women seem to appreciate a man who is good with animals. Although single guys with cats can be a bit strange (see Quagmire and James). If I was single again and didn't work full time I'd definitely own a dog.

Oh, I get all the attention. I just don't know what to do with it. (I'm not a closer. It's a recurring theme in the thread.)

• Like 1

I guess I just have the normal average female ape brain…

I don't know if I like knowing all the plans and schemes men do to get noticed… I think I prefer to be blissfully ignorant or maybe really good at pretending to be unaware but amused. :) 

Women often get labeled as scheming but men have their schemes as well.

We are all just animals trying our best to get some!  :panda:  

It's weird, but yeah, girls at the gym only talk to me if I'm there with the kids.  Maybe they see the pale spot where my wedding ring is (I take it off, otherwise I get mad blisters from the machines), see the kids, and think "Wow, that big fat guy is trying to get in shape! Maybe I can get in on the ground floor..."

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

It's weird, but yeah, girls at the gym only talk to me if I'm there with the kids.  Maybe they see the pale spot where my wedding ring is (I take it off, otherwise I get mad blisters from the machines), see the kids, and think "Wow, that big fat guy is trying to get in shape! Maybe I can get in on the ground floor..."

I think when someone is with their kids they seem more approachable and friendly… They are not necessarily scheming… but feel more at ease to talk to you. Or it could be the female ape brain working… 

Thrillho!!!! What have I told you about the F word?!?! Grrrrr! :angry:

... floor?

Amusingly enough, I was at the gym without The Boy on Wednesday, and THREE people asked where he was.  One of the tattooed-up TRX ladies, and two of the seniors who are always there at 6am.  I guess he's got a bit of a reputation for being the youngest guy there! :D

• Like 1

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I think when someone is with their kids they seem more approachable and friendly… They are not necessarily scheming… but feel more at ease to talk to you. Or it could be the female ape brain working… 

Sounds like an ape brain thing.  Which is fine - 90% of what makes us human is just consciousness kludged onto instinct.  I say we embrace it.  I'd pick parasites out of your hair any time.

lol this is far too amusing to read everyone's comments... I've been sitting here for a WHILE. lol

I thought I'd just add my things I like about men: 

1) rough hands are hot. because I like to know a guy knows how to do hard work, whether its lifting or blue collar.

2) a guy who isn't afraid to look rather ridiculous at times, especially if it makes me laugh.

3) sorry to all the beard lovers, as far as looks goes, it can be sexy...but up close? my sensitive skin can't handle the rough stubble unless you want my face all red and blotchy!

4) a guy who is secure enough to let me have some independence! Let me do my own thing, most of the time it would involve you anyways, but when it doesn't? that doesn't mean that i'm somehow giving you some jedi-lady-signal that i don't like you :P

I agree with the strong, outdoorsy, handy sort of comments earlier...doesn't have to have rock-hard muscles or anything...but strong is always nice!

As for talking with dudes in the gym...I usually don't unless I have something to talk about with them... if something pops in my head, then i'll say it, thats why I like crossfit, because there's always something to talk about :P plus, dudes see a wedding ring on my finger and automatically assume that I shouldn't even be talked to... and thats kinda lame, especially for a girl who has had guy friends most of her life....

• Like 2

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Had one talk to me after I was done with my backflips. She was asking me to teach her how to climb a rope. (Passed her off to someone else, because my high level of relative upper body strength allows me to climb a rope with shitty technique.) Probably not the right answer, but I had some flags to to. #EpicWingman

funny-sad-girl-boys-single-story.jpg

funny-date-girl-boys-single-story-alone.

funny-date-girl-boys-single-story-bedroo

funny-date-girl-single-dinner-movie.jpg

• Like 4

LMAO loved everyone of those.  Thankfully I'm not THAT oblivious but after being in relationships for 11 years since I was 13 (26 now) I often overlook when I'm being flirted with.

• Like 1

Beards are only scratchy when they aren't all the way grown in. Once it gets to a certain length it becomes like velvet.

Honestly I feel more comfortable talking with a married woman than I do with a woman without a wedding ring, because that way I don't feel like I'm leading anyone on

#4) I tell my wife to get out of the house all the time, go sign up for a class, go for a walk, go do something!!!!!

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Beards are only scratchy when they aren't all the way grown in. Once it gets to a certain length it becomes like velvet.

Honestly I feel more comfortable talking with a married woman than I do with a woman without a wedding ring, because that way I don't feel like I'm leading anyone on

#4) I tell my wife to get out of the house all the time, go sign up for a class, go for a walk, go do something!!!!!

1) it also tickles my nose... :-P

And my hubby was good with letting me out of the house until I started with my personal trainer....started crossfit...started getting more confident in general...now he's a little possessive... :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Had one talk to me after I was done with my backflips. She was asking me to teach her how to climb a rope. (Passed her off to someone else, because my high level of relative upper body strength allows me to climb a rope with shitty technique.) Probably not the right answer, but I had some flags to to. #EpicWingman

funny-sad-girl-boys-single-story.jpg

funny-date-girl-boys-single-story-alone.

funny-date-girl-boys-single-story-bedroo

funny-date-girl-single-dinner-movie.jpg

I have done almost every single one of those.  :(  

But I did laugh at them.  A lot.  :)

• Like 2

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

It's weird, but yeah, girls at the gym only talk to me if I'm there with the kids. Maybe they see the pale spot where my wedding ring is (I take it off, otherwise I get mad blisters from the machines), see the kids, and think "Wow, that big fat guy is trying to get in shape! Maybe I can get in on the ground floor..."

Nope. They think "damn he's cute and he likes kids too...must not be a douche then"

Not all girls are superficial skanks ;)

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn