Forums are back in action! ×

What women love about men.

Sorry Mags, I really didn't mean to belittle your opinion by saying it was silly. It's just that in the context of THIS thread, after all the outrageous flirting, innuendo and downright silliness, a couple of posts making direct reference to sex seems like nothing. And they'll just be swallowed (hey! No sniggering!) up by the massive volume of posts and forgotten about pretty soon anyway.

But you have a fair point, it's easy for all of us to get complacent and forget that we can still be affected in real life by what we post online. And everyone should feel safe to voice their opinion if they feel the discussion has gone too far.

Well said Guzzi! Thank you.

Ladies, if you've been dating someone for quite some time, do you like your boys to plan the dates and surprise you, or give you a few options?

I've been married for 16 years so I'm not sure if my view is the same as somebody who is dating but I would like either. My husband generally does not plan our dates unless I specifically tell him to (which is still basically like me planning them, right?) I'm the boss at work and I have to say it is nice to have somebody else take the lead.

• Like 1

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

But you have a fair point, it's easy for all of us to get complacent and forget that we can still be affected in real life by what we post online. And everyone should feel safe to voice their opinion if they feel the discussion has gone too far.

So, back to topic....

The boyfriend has just bought a mini moto for his three kids. So far it's been out on 3 separate occasions, and not once have the kids had a shot. Boys and their toys!!! It's been him and his mates, him and his next door neighbour, or him and me (ok, so I'm as bad as the boys on this one). But yeah, he bought it for the kids.... Totally.

I had to laugh at the sight of four grown men standing around grinning like 5 year olds at the prospect of getting to "test drive" the kids toy....

Thanks Guzzi <3

Also, mini moto like this?

ytu5enyz.jpg

Because I'm sure he's just "testing the safety" of it... Right? ;) hehe

Ladies, if you've been dating someone for quite some time, do you like your boys to plan the dates and surprise you, or give you a few options?

I'll be honest, I have an annoying tendency to somehow subconsciously ruin surprise dates... Lol why do I always have to be grumpy or something when my husband is planning something nice? Lol!

But! Surprises are always fun, though planning something together happens very frequently as well....usually has to do with the relative price and/or complexity of the date idea... :-P

• Like 1

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Love how different they are to me

Love how warm they are at night

Love how young they look when they sleep

LOVE mens hands omg...

Love how you can find a big kid in there (yeah! let's go on a roller coaster!)

Love the sense of humour

Love how their jaw will be rough, but their hair will be the softest thing on the planet - and sometimes their body will be fuzzy like a teddy! *grabs and cuddles and ruffles*

Love how they're programmed to find solutions to problems

Love the way they hug - instant safety

Love how they appreciate the things I do as a woman 

Guys are great. My husband is amazing!

:D

• Like 4

Love how different they are to me

Love how warm they are at night

Love how young they look when they sleep

LOVE mens hands omg...

Love how you can find a big kid in there (yeah! let's go on a roller coaster!)

Love the sense of humour

Love how their jaw will be rough, but their hair will be the softest thing on the planet - and sometimes their body will be fuzzy like a teddy! *grabs and cuddles and ruffles*

Love how they're programmed to find solutions to problems

Love the way they hug - instant safety

Love how they appreciate the things I do as a woman

Guys are great. My husband is amazing!

:D

OMG!!!! Yes to EVERYTHING on this list!!! :D

Thanks Guzzi <3

Also, mini moto like this?

ytu5enyz.jpg

Because I'm sure he's just "testing the safety" of it... Right? ;) hehe

Yup! That's the one! :D

He's hoping to finally get the kids out on it tomorrow if the weather up there sorts itself out! They've had torrential rain, with flooding and landslides the last 2 days :(

Both! At different times of course. ;) It's great to plan things together, but we all still love it when a guy surprises us with something romantic. Definitely! :love_heart:

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

xD  So cute!

You might have a future motorist on your hands someday, lol!  Maybe?  Who knows!

:)  I'd like to have my own motorcycle someday, though I have no experience.

Lol, your hubby must be doing some serious flexing to get those feet on the bike!  xD

<p>Gwenhwyfar, level 0 Wild elf adventurerSTR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Haha! I'd love to take credit for the cuteness that is in the second photo, but I can't.  That's my boyfriends little boy.  He's only 7, and he's so excited at having a motorcycle "just like Daddy!" Bless him! :love_heart:

Now if only the rain would stop and he could actually get a proper shot on it, lol!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Haha! That's ok, I've probably confused you because I do post stuff (especially in this thread) about my husband Peter, he died in a car crash last year. I only just met my boyfriend (Ohmygod! I have a boyfriend, squeeeee!) in June, so it's early days yet. But things are going verrrrrry well. :encouragement:

• Like 3

Guys who are really attractive and simultaneously giant dorks. Seriously. I have known guys who are really attractive but kinda suck. They take things way too seriously, and if you try and be a little silly, look at you like you're a child. I'm on nerd fitness because I like nerds.

Silly sides are the best... Serious sucks. ;)

• Like 1

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

ive spent the last hour or so trying to find a post where someone said 

"all we are is just sluts on the wind"

i dont think it was on this thread, and i dont remember who said it. but i turned it into the chorus of a song i wrote yesterday. so to the guy who posted it, thanks! i love it when men say random hilarious shit that i can turn into lyrics :D

• Like 2

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

ive spent the last hour or so trying to find a post where someone said 

"all we are is just sluts on the wind"

i dont think it was on this thread, and i dont remember who said it. but i turned it into the chorus of a song i wrote yesterday. so to the guy who posted it, thanks! i love it when men say random hilarious shit that i can turn into lyrics :D

Oh, I love how you've done this! 

Ok, here's one you might be able to work in (I'm thinking in kind of a rap style, but let me know if you think rock might work too...)

'Yeah, see me take that post and spin it? Now your BS is my lyric...now your lines are redefined as I twist them in my mind...think before you write em words or I'll do something quite absurd...then you'll hear em loud and clear as I blast em in your ear...' 

*throws in a few hip-hop moves*

Lol use it! :P 

Everything that happens out-of-context becomes either a band name, album name or a song name for my wife.

*she gets a box of 'guaranteed farm-fresh Okanagan peaches' from the organic veggie store, discovers they suck*

Throkky: "This is a disappointing peach." *beat* "That's going to be the first single from my anarchist-feminist lesbian collective punk band."

*a few hours later, watching Orange Is The New Black*

Throkky: "I think my anarchist-feminist lesbian collective punk band needs to be called 'Prison Wife'."

• Like 3

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Her all-mom housewife 90's throwback alt-punk band is the "Snippy Bitches". 

Her band composed entirely of women whose husbands have gone up north to work (oil patch, gas, lumber, mining, whatever) are the "Lonesome Doves".

Her coffee-shop quartet is the "Magic Panties", named in honor of the Mormon lady and the ex-Mormon lady who used to work at the coffee shop with her.

Her thrash-opera band is the "Suicidal Ungulates" that just does covers of early metal. 

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides.