Ready to put my chucks back on

Well, it's been roughly a year and a half since I've posted anything here. That's a lot of starting on the path to eat healthy or workout regularly and suddenly stopping. A lot of buying food at the grocery store just to order take-out 5 days of the week. A lot of caving in to the negative energy that builds up while at work.

So far, though, I've been doing pretty well this year. I've started to rekindle my love of cooking, making my meals 5 days out of the week. Got a calming coloring book and some amazing color pencils to help me relax at night (seriously, coloring is amazing for the soul). Most amazing of all, I've discovered that as much as I hate waking up at 6am, it actually works really well for me to get in some cardio. I'm almost done with week 4 of C25K, and even though my lungs and knees still hate me, they don't nearly as much as the first week. I think I'm ready to start body weight exercises again; I'm ready to pick up the dumbbells. I'm ready to put my chucks back on.

• Like 1

Hell yes!

Love hearing that you're getting back on the horse. It's corny but the 1st law of the Rebellion is pretty great. It doesn't matter where you've been, what happened to you, what choices you made, what matters is where you are right now and what you're going to do now in this instant. And it sounds like you're using this instant to make some progress! I've never messed with coloring books but night time calming activities like reading fiction have definitely eased my monkey mind before slumber.

Best of luck to you on your respawn!

Douglas

You can become a Hero. 

Thanks! And yeah, I am appreciating and holding dear each and every instant now. I'm still amazed that I am consistently waking up at 6am, even though I dread it every night when I go to bed. Just goes to show that doing the difficult things we hate have the potential to turn into greatness.

Dude. Power naps are your friendddddd. It's the biggest reason why I can wake up early. I personally use an app called Pzizz that has a module for power naps and one for sleeping. I find that the 20-30 minute mark per nap works well for me and I don't want to die at night lol.

You can become a Hero.