Forums are back in action! ×

Geek Or Nerd

Are You More a Geek or Nerd  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Are You More a Geek or Nerd

• Geek!
    • Nerd!

I recently came across this neat infographic defining Nerd versus Geek. (http://dailyinfographic.com/geeks-vs-nerds-infographic). I think Nerd Fitness is perfect for either type and the "Nerd Fitness" sounds better than "Geek Fitness."

But the question is do you think you are more a Nerd or a Geek??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Jump Rope Rotations: 20,500/80,000

What is Dead May Never Die, but Rise Again, Harder and Stronger

Well.... according to that infographic, I can't really decide. I feel like I have traits from both sides... but also that some of the descriptions on there go against accepted definitions. I'm going to have to do more research to figure out who I am! *identity crisis*

(EDIT: Psyduck looks sufficiently confused... I'm glad my avatar stands by me)

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

*identity crisis*

(EDIT: Psyduck looks sufficiently confused... I'm glad my avatar stands by me)

Bahaha! Identity crisis is right! I have a feeling most of us rebels are going to fall somewhere in the middle. I have a handful of Nerd and Geek qualities, but when it comes down to it, more Geek.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Jump Rope Rotations: 20,500/80,000

What is Dead May Never Die, but Rise Again, Harder and Stronger

Bahaha! Identity crisis is right! I have a feeling most of us rebels are going to fall somewhere in the middle. I have a handful of Nerd and Geek qualities, but when it comes down to it, more Geek.

This is my answer too. I have traits in both, but I'm definitely more on the Geek side.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]The Horror Geek Half Dwarf Adventurer!

My Challenge Thread is here.

I have zombies to outrun! Failure is not an option!

Ah ha! After about five browser pages of research (no, I'm not obsessive...).... I've concluded that I'm more geek than nerd *votes*. This article was especially helpful... and it also tells you how to befriend/converse with nerds and geeks. Hehe... it's silly :D

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

That infographic basically described "Geek" as "hipster", not awesome. I'm a geek, I have been forever. I'm in no way a hipster.

IMHO, this is a much better depiction of geek v nerd.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2586[/ATTACH]

post-23-13567243556636_thumb.jpg

Be Legendary, every single fucking day of your life!

Nerd, all the way. I am an engineer and I do own a pocket protector.

My respect for you just increased 10 fold.

I always thought I was more geek than nerd... but according to this I am definitely more nerd. I am okay with that :)

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

In my experience, nerds were always the smarter ones, geeks were just people that got weirdly obsessive about things.

So uhhh nerd please :P

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

In my experience, nerds were always the smarter ones, geeks were just people that got weirdly obsessive about things.

So uhhh nerd please :P

Exactly. Everyone geeks out about something, but geek is usually used to describe people who geek out about not-so-popular things.

Marsupial Assassin - LVL 3

STR 10 || DEX 3 || STA 5 || CON 8 || WIS 11 || CHA 7

Fitocracy || MyFitnessPal