Forums are back in action! ×

Pretty sure it's safe to respawn now...

I've done the respawn a couple of times.  The last, I respawned right at the start of a challenge, jumped right in, everything was set up for positive momentum.

Then my mum died.

Well, not exactly, but literally days into the challenge I got the news that they'd given my mum a 30% success chance on the last hail mary chemo they had her on.  I threw all of my savings and a good portion of money I didn't actually have into getting back to England at the end of July, and I spent a month looking after her before she died at the end of August.  After that it was a snowball cascade of trying to get her estate in order among two squabbling siblings, one of whom I brought back to Australia to live with our uncle because he's autistic, and the other so self centered it took constant vigilance to stop her swiping everything of value (both financial and sentimental) out from under our noses.

Finally got home at the end of October, and I'm pretty sure I'm at my heaviest.  Which is over 170kg.  Living on prepackaged sandwiches and microwave dinners and fast food for three months, while not good for me at all, became the necessity in terms of sustenance.

Right now I dunno how hard I'm going to launch back onto the horse, but I've got a couple of weeks til the next challenge starts to decide whether I want to put my feet back in the pool or not.  But I can't stay this weight, it'll literally kill me if I don't do something about it.

Do the thing

2024 Intentions Roadmap

On 11/2/2018 at 4:14 PM, Diadhuit said:

Oh, Dalish, I'm really sorry to hear that.
No wonder you gained weight, it was such a tough time, everyone would have done the same.
I hope you are getting better now that you are home (where is home?)
Do you have a plan? Are you in a challenge alredy?

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Sorry for the delayed reply, still getting over jet lag, and doing that with the stressors of "I have all these things that were my mum's and now they're mine and I look at them every day" means I'm getting sleep in about 2-4 hour bursts and trying to only sleep at night which is hard.

Home is Perth, Australia.

RIght now the plan is just survive.  I've missed veggies after being in a place where the best options were all fast food so eating good food isn't miuch of an issue, but the sleep part really is so I've picked up some herbals I used to take and some sleepy herbal tea.  I'm also dealing with a good ol eye infection, so nothing is going smoothly at this point.  Not in a challenge.  May join the next one, I'm not sure yet.

• Like 1

Do the thing

2024 Intentions Roadmap

Hello, also working on my own respawn soon. 

Darn with all those events, surviving right now would be an amazing help. Luckily you have the warmer months to help with staying up and probably might help with veggies. 

More than understanding of the weight gain under stress, and desire to bump back. Again cheering you on, and check in when you can. tenor.gif?itemid=8773797

"Operation Bad*ss" Starts 9/1/2024

Quest 1: Level up Basecamp