Forums are back in action! ×

How do I hit on a dude, like a 'nice' girl?

Sucks how the situation turned out!

Anyway, My favorite time was when I just turned to the girl and said "So when are we gonna hook up?". It really took her off guard, I was really amused at her stumbling around trying to figure out what to say.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Anyway, My favorite time was when I just turned to the girl and said "So when are we gonna hook up?". It really took her off guard, I was really amused at her stumbling around trying to figure out what to say.

aaaaand now she's your wife? :)

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

Ah, that is unfortunate. I only want to add on this whole topic is that some of us guys are pretty clueless (I am definitely) when it comes to women flirting with us. I think someone would need to smack me upside the head and flat out tell me that she was flirting (OK, maybe I am not that clueless, but I definitely have been known to miss it (until later when it is way too late and the girl is gone!)).

I have the same problem. I just go out and look for a nice conversation is all. Apparently being able to converse for hours = flirting. Who knew....

Sucks how the situation turned out!

Why do I picture you in a 70's polyester shirt with a gold chain on when you said this...?

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I didn't learn to recognize flirting til I was married. Then my wife pointed out when other women were making passes at me. Ah, the stories I (and she) could tell on that subject....

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

aaaaand now she's your wife? :)

You guessed it! I guess women just can't resist a man with confidence?

I didn't learn to recognize flirting til I was married. Then my wife pointed out when other women were making passes at me. Ah, the stories I (and she) could tell on that subject....

Same thing happened to me. I look back into my high school years and really wish I wasn't so dense.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Thanks, everyone! I felt kind of down in the dumps today because of this. I feel a lot better reading all of your replies. It was a good learning experience, and I do feel good about being bold/assertive enough to give him my number, and it is true, it could have been his friend/sister/whatever. :)

Well crap! Ah, at least now you can let this embolden you for future phone-number-giving attempts!

Has he texted you yet ?

Yeah, he texted me immediately to give me his number, too. But I decided to just wait and see if he called rather than text him back.

A weirdly large amount of your posts make you sound like the female version of me, Unicorn.

It's the return of NF Dating.... ha! But yeah, I agree, that one post you wrote, I thought the same thing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

I'll just toss this out there - what would happen if you texted him to ask if that woman was his girlfriend? Not hitting on him, just checking out his availability.

This could accomplish a couple of things:

1) stop you from wasting any more time

2) let him know that you weren't just giving him your digits for a workout buddy

"Get busy living or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." - Red"I'm not losing weight, I'm evicting fat." -me

That could work, but you might want to have a backup plan in case he says that it is his girlfriend. Just something small, like "You two look cute together or something like that." just to cover your ass so he doesn't start avoiding you and you lose a friend/workout buddy.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Yeah, he texted me immediately to give me his number, too. But I decided to just wait and see if he called rather than text him back.

I'm far from experienced here (in fact I've been collecting tips from this thread for my own use), but I'm not sure if this is a great idea.

I mean, most of the previous suggestions have been to do with things about showing confidence and waiting for a phone call maybe isn't that confident.

So I'm kinda thinking you should make the next move...perhaps somehow confirm if he is or is not available - maybe others could advise?

"I lift heavy things. Sometimes these things are people."

PLEASE follow up. I can't wait to find out what his relationship to the woman/kid is. Why accept someone's phone number in front of your wife/child? I need an end to this story!

WarriorAmy
{Insert motivational script here}
STR - 4|DEX - 2|STA - 6|CON - 4 |WIS - 6|CHA- 5

Guest Gemeaux
PLEASE follow up. I can't wait to find out what his relationship to the woman/kid is. Why accept someone's phone number in front of your wife/child? I need an end to this story!

Haha me too ! Ooh

Guest Gemeaux

I'd say " sorry I didn't know you were married , I did not want to make you feel awkward " then he might say " that was my sister " or something .

I'd say " sorry I didn't know you were married , I did not want to make you feel awkward " then he might say " that was my sister " or something .

Along the same lines,

I would text him and say, I hope I didn't offend your wife by giving you my number, I hope she isn't upset.

That leaves the door open

OMG It's like an NF soap opera only the people are wayyyyy cooler!!!

I agree that you should text back. Giving him your number and then not texting back when he texts could make you look like a wishy washy kind of girl and guys are scared of those because they never know what's coming. Plus if he doesn't hear from you he could be wondering if he mistyped the number, did she change her mind, should I try again. Just text back and say hi. Maybe text something a couple texts into conversation about needing help with that particular exercise and see if he'll be at the gym tomorrow to spot you/show you form.

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

I think people are pretty dense, in general. Most of us, especially nerds. I don't think it's a guy only thing. I haven't the slightest idea when someone's interested.. well.. unless you count those ghetto dudes who roll up in their cars and say something inappropriate.. (girls w/ squat booty problems). So, don't be so hard on yourselves dense guys! :P

I would text him Unicorn.. just say, "sorry, wouldn't have given you my number had I realized you were in a relationship." I think the fact that you gave him your number makes it pretty clear you're interested. That way you find out for sure and make it clear you're not trying to be all on the dl with him. Ya know.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

I think people are pretty dense, in general. Most of us, especially nerds. I don't think it's a guy only thing. I haven't the slightest idea when someone's interested.. well.. unless you count those ghetto dudes who roll up in their cars and say something inappropriate.. (girls w/ squat booty problems). So, don't be so hard on yourselves dense guys! :P

I would text him Unicorn.. just say, "sorry, wouldn't have given you my number had I realized you were in a relationship." I think the fact that you gave him your number makes it pretty clear you're interested. That way you find out for sure and make it clear you're not trying to be all on the dl with him. Ya know.

Lol @ "girls with squat booty problems." :D

Agree with everything else in this post too.

He texted back and he is in a relationship. Oh well.

I get a gold star though- I tried to hit on someone and lived to tell about it! Yay!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

He texted back and he is in a relationship. Oh well.

I get a gold star though- I tried to hit on someone and lived to tell about it! Yay!

Total gold star for you! I think it's awesome that you took an opportunity and tried it out.

It's his loss.

WarriorAmy
{Insert motivational script here}
STR - 4|DEX - 2|STA - 6|CON - 4 |WIS - 6|CHA- 5

I disagree with Amy. I don't think it was anybody's loss, though I DO think it was your gain. Yay for nerd bravery! Is that +1 to charisma?

I asked a girl out on Sunday. Never heard back though. I feel like doing it by email was cheating, but I didn't have any other contact info.

"Get busy living or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." - Red"I'm not losing weight, I'm evicting fat." -me

Archived