Forums are back in action! ×

Ladies: Your thoughts please - Flowers to your workplace...

I've never had it backfire on me. I was a bit concerned when you said you had just began dating (the too fast, creepy thing), until I read this:

Today I got a message saying she's sad she can't see me this weekend hence me fumbling for 20mins to think up an appropriate message to go with the flowers.

With that.....you're good! Well done!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

edit: don't say i love you in yours. yet. that would be creepy. LOL.

if i feel it, i put it on the table... if she doesn't feel it or thinks it's creepy, we move on...

i'd rather find out sooner than later...

might be aggressive after a first date, but i can see how you could find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with after a date... not recommended if you're 14 years old... hahaha... :)

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Am I the only woman in the world who wouldn't want flowers sent to my office? Or flowers sent at all?

Nothing like dying plants, tore from the ground and cut up as a profession of one's feelings.

Personally I always thought it was a bit cliche to send flowers to work. I'd be more likely to find someone she works with and in secret give them eleven roses (or another flower, whatever is my girl's favorites) and have them hide them around the place. Maybe one in her mailbox, or when she leaves her desk hide one in each drawer in her desk. Stuff like that. Maybe start with an empty vase on her desk so she has somewhere to set them all.

When she brings it up after work, I'd tell her I set it up and ask if she found all twelve... But that's just me.

If the girl likes flowers sent (which it seems most girls do), then go for it.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

It all depends on how things are going. If they're going well then it's a nice gesture, but if things are only going okay then it could seem like you're coming on too strong. I would base what you do on how things are going with her. And I wouldn't make them super expensive. Just a simple nice bouquet would suit the gesture.

Flowers = awesome

An elaborate arrangement at the feet of a newborn labradoodle puppy bred from genetically engineered stock wearing a diamond studded collar in the middle = too much (but only by a hair)

The trick with any gesture is making sure it's custom-tailored to the person receiving it--make it so she knows it's all about her, and you'll never go wrong.

drsloomis: level 5 human assassin

STR: 15 | DEX: 17 | CON: 12 | STA: 12 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 8

Current Challenge

if i feel it, i put it on the table... if she doesn't feel it or thinks it's creepy, we move on...

i'd rather find out sooner than later...

might be aggressive after a first date, but i can see how you could find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with after a date... not recommended if you're 14 years old... hahaha... :)

This.

I informed my (now) wife that we were getting married after our second date. She didn't believe me...

Three years in at the end of this month.

Ahh, what a feel good thread. :love-struck: Yes flowers. Yes to NF flower exchanges. Well matched Rosie!

I'd like to say I'm opposed to killing flowers and the most of the flower industry, but no. Sentiment over reason in this case. Yeah, flowers. Any flowers. Any where. One of my best was a single carnation given by my then boyfriend, who was as cynical as only an 18 year old can be. But he overcame it, and I remember it.

(((swooning)))000000

Once and future ranger.

Flower exchange :: Heard "cookie exchange"

I think it's time for lunch.

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

On valentines day my boyfriend sent me some flowers to the office, such a nice surprise :-) I had a pizza and a chocolate cake sent to his flat since i couldnt be there to cook for him .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

Now this might be a tad redundant given that I've already sent them, but I'm just curious about what the ladies here think.

Obviously there's a ton of context I could add but I won't unless it dramatically affects the reaction, but in general: you receive flowers at your workplace from guy you just started dating. Good / bad / indifferent / die of embarrassment? Gentleman - stories of success or backfire for the same scenario also appreciated.

Definitely good. :)

Halfling Female Ranger

STR - 4 ~ DEX - 3 ~ STA - 5 ~ CON - 2 ~ WIS - 3 ~ CHA - 2

Am I the only woman in the world who wouldn't want flowers sent to my office? Or flowers sent at all?

No you are not! And please don't ever give me roses unless it is a very very big deal kind of occasion. Don't like them, they die fast etc etc. Give me Gerber Daisies or wild flowers. But regarding getting them at work, I'd die if it was a new fling kind of thing because people never know my personal business and getting flowers would lead to questions. So unless a guy has reached boyfriend or husband status I wouldn't want flowers at work. After that it's cool to get them where you can show off but I'm kinda different in the dating world. Casual flings DO NOT get known about in the real world. Hell no. Stay in anonymity where you belong. (Not you poster, meaning my flings)

Hope it went well.:smug:

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

Archived