Forums are back in action! ×

The Ongoing Battles of TrashcanCarla, Logged

I've decided to start a battle log, despite consistent journal writing being a weakness of mine. Maybe I can turn that around on NF?

I'm going to keep my battle logs fitness and wellness related.

BACKSTORY

I used to be a pretty intense sort of athlete. I mean, I wasn't for years 0-21, but I started jogging which eventually led to circuit weight machines. That turned into freeweights and running races. When I was 26 I transferred at a non-traditional age from junior college to a cool and posh New England liberal arts college and played rugby (I was inside-center and absolutely loved it). When I moved back to Seattle, I considered joining a local women's rugby club but ditched that idea (the expense of traveling to Vancouver, BC, Los Angeles, Portland on a clerk's salary was ridiculous). Instead, I got into strength training and hot yoga and was kind of addicted to exercise. I mean, I worked out an average of 3 hours per day. Yikes. I decreased my fitness obsession to a healthier simmer rather than a boil and kept that up through the next years until about 2016. That's the year I put on the first part of my weight gain. I went from a solid packed 160 pounds (I'm an endomorph and have Clydesdale thighs when I'm in better shape) at 5'4" to about 200 pounds. Then another 20 pounds got tacked onto that. And another 20 pounds. At my highest weight last summer, I weighed 256.4 pounds. ?

I've lost 34 pounds since then and have rediscovered my enjoyment of interval training and such. I am struggling a bit, though.

FITNESS GOALS

I'd like to weigh between 150 and 165 pounds and be able to bench 100 pounds, squat 175 pounds and deadlift 250 pounds by the "end" of phase 1 of my journey, which if we don't get pregnant with our second child would be great to see about a year from now. At that point, I'll see what I want to do. I'm entertaining powerlifting, but who knows? I definitely want to take martial arts lessons, post-Corona. Possibly BJJ. I'm turning 40 this year. The world is my oyster!

Trashcan Carla battle log.png

“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.” Carrie Fisher

Intentions for 2.10.21

• 30 minute casual walk around the California state capitol grounds ✔️
  • 60 ounces of water by lunch time ✔️
  • 30 minutes of shadow boxing with 10 Rounds video workout
  • 60 more ounces of water by dinner time ✔️
  • take a 5 minute pause before making any poor eating decisions ✔️
  • habit stack 10 minutes of meditation + brief yoga sequence + free time when my infant takes his evening nap

I'll update later with edits indicating whether I accomplished my intentions, or not. We'll see how this format goes.

“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.” Carrie Fisher

*ker-follow*

• That's Metal 1

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Yesterday went okay! As I was going to bed last night, I kicked myself for half a minute about having not done either the shadow boxing workout or the meditation+yoga+free time habit stack. After that half minute, I thankfully remembered that Odin and I did quite a bit of adventuring and that with his father working 6 hours' drive away, he is even less predictable and thereby my goals for each day need to be flexible. I chilled out and fell into an exhausted sleep.

Intentions for 2.11.21

• 60 ounces of water by lunch time ✔️
  • meditation+yoga+free time habit stack during Odin's first nap
  • 30 minutes of shadow boxing with 10 Rounds
  • 60 ounces of water by dinner time
  • > 2 cups of veggies consumed
  • 5 minute pause before crappy eating

See ya later!

On 2/10/2021 at 9:01 PM, 18ck said:

*ker-follow*

Oh! This isn't your challenge thread then? OK, I'll trot over there. 

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Yesterday was wack. I mean, I felt like I didn't have a moment to myself to get anything done, and although I successfully employed the 5 minute pause in one instance, I blew it in another.

Also, I'm not a dedicated daily journal writer, so I'm going to take the pressure off of myself to post updates every day. I'll switch to a "when I feel like it" schedule, more on the 2-3x per week level.

Also, I'd like to focus more on my wins than my losses in my battle log. I already overemphasize my setbacks and supposed "failures" in my life, and would rather just report on when I'm actually doing well. I want to actively think more on the things that I'm doing right. Maybe I can trick my brain into thinking that I am a person who can get things done, that way.