Forums are back in action! ×

Gift Buying Help- Anniversary

SusieBlu

I need help finding a gift for my husband. He is not a geek. He likes grilling, jeeps (we don't own one though), and guns. Usually, when I can think of something, I get him Jack Daniels but he still has a bottle of it. Help! It is next week.

Try everything once. If it kills you don't do it again.Paleo- So Easy A Caveman Can Do It

Bah! What a jerk! ;)

Hmm. The traditional 2nd anniversary gift is cotton. I don't know if you're interested in following that at all. (For my first anniversary, I gave my husband a scrapbook of our first year together, but I'm not so keen on the cotton idea myself.)

What about some car accessories? Does he like taking care of his/your car? Or gun care stuff, if he has a gun.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Could do a grilling basket putting some nice steaks, sauces or seasonings, an apron that says "kiss the cook" or "grill master" or something cheesy like that, and a bottle of wine all together. Then he could cook you a nice meal for your anniversary.

If you feel comfortable buying gun stuff, you could do ammo, cleaning kit, clays/targets, a fancy case, or something along those lines.

Sounds a LOT like my husband, along with the habit of buying stuff right before gift-giving occasions. Jack is my default too ;)

A small vacation? Like to somewhere you guys always wanted to go or have really enjoyed. A night out at his favorite restaurant followed by a movie that he really wants to see? maybe do something he has always wanted to try but you never got around to it?

And my old standby is new frilly lingerie. My husband can always tell when I can't think of something to get because I get new piece. He doesn't complain either.

I love the grill basket ideas... especially if you include a silly apron with it. I'm not sure of your level of comfort or familiarity with guns but you could get him a gun. They are pricey but I'm sure he doesn't have all the guns he wants.. they never do! Or perhaps, a trip to a range of some sort.. you could look up events he may like to participate in. Or any type of random event that he might enjoy. For instance, we just had a BBQ, Beer and Bourbon Festival in town. That sounds right up his alley (I mean, who wouldn't go up that alley?). Perhaps something similar will be in your area?

Beer or Distillery tours?

I also like the little vacation thing. We went away for our last vacation and it was quite nice.

My boyfriend does the same thing: buys what he wants around prime gift giving times. Sometimes, I wonder about them... those silly menfolk.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Uhm... sounds a bit like my husband. He is an avid duck hunter too, though I pretend to ignore this hobby.

One gift I got him for Valentine's Day he really liked, was a pair of remote-controlled fighting helicopters from Groupon. If he's a big kid like my husband, he may like that.

Browsing Groupon, livingsocial, and ScoutMob for deals in your city or nearby cities may inspire some ideas. Groupon also has getaways.

just keep on trucking...

I suggest getting him this (scroll to the 7), and/or this.

On a more serious note, if he has a lot of firearms, a gunsafe or a pack to take everything to the range. Blackhawk! and Maxpedition make wonderful packs.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Ask him.

Seriously, my husband is awful to buy for, because he buys all year long for his hobbies (fishing, hunting, guns, etc.), so I always feel like there's nothing he's been waiting for that I can splurge on and get him, so I tend to ask, he usually comes up with something, I buy it, we both win.

He's much better at buying for me, but that's because I tend to be a saver while he's a spender, so there's always some big, special thing that I'm not willing to spend money on for myself that he can sneak out and get me.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Anything he has mentioned that he wants/needs lately? Maybe a good lawn chair to put by the grill, a sturdy apron for messier grilling, a big hunk of meat. I try to take note of things The Musician is needing or wanting, like summer is almost here so maybe he could use new swim trunks, or a big reusable water bottle so he doesn't have to use a crappy gallon jug.

He likes grilling, jeeps (we don't own one though), and guns. U

Most folks have focused on the grilling or jeep possibilities, I'll give you gun options. <G>

Gift card to Cabela's?

Big bunch of ammo and some cool targets for his favorite weapons?

New scope for a favorite rifle?

Shooting day at the range for skeet?

Reloading stuff for the calibers he usually shoots? (If that appeals to him)

Books on the history of <brand x firearm> his favorite brand of gun?

Rack for the tractor to carry the gun on for emergency use against predators? (OK I confess I did this one year)

CC lessons or tracking lessons if he's a hunter?

Shoulder pads, carry cases or other accessories?

Perhaps a new gun if there is one he's been coveting

Gun oil and cleaning patches (Because you can never have enough)

extra magazines? (esp useful if he has a AR-15, heck if he doesn't why not get him one, really nice guns with lots of accessories for customization)

gift certificate for mounting one of his catches

Just off the top of my head those are things I'd consider

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

I suggest getting him this (scroll to the 7), and/or this.

On a more serious note, if he has a lot of firearms, a gunsafe or a pack to take everything to the range. Blackhawk! and Maxpedition make wonderful packs.

He would love me forever if I got him a CJ7.

Thanks for all the help. I think I found an outdoors kit he might like. :)

Try everything once. If it kills you don't do it again.Paleo- So Easy A Caveman Can Do It

I would love you forever if you bought me a CJ7, especially a Golden Eagle. My dad had one, but got rid of it long before I was born. I want to do the same thing to my future kids. Haha

Got a link to the outdoors kit? Some of us here might be interested. (ME!)

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Archived