16 hours ago, Salinger said:

How are you feeling today? 

I'm feeling alright. Struggling with wanting to do my hobbies in the evenings.. Especially with it getting darker faster.  I haven't even seen Daisy since starting since I'd need to go at night now. I'm hoping after I'm more settled I'll feel pulled to my hobbies again 

16 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hope you are doing well. Congrats on starting the new job!!!! xx

Thank you! 

14 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Been there with the snacking. it Can be so difficult. Trying to snack less in between meals is one i really struggle with. Protein and nutbased snacks worked well for me as an alternative. Chunks of spiced Cooked chicken and energy balls were a big hit. 

Mm chunks of spiced meat lol I got some breakfast sausages which have been working well. And extra sharp aged cheddar. I just can't wrap my head around energy balls. I feel they probably taste good but they just don't sound appetizing to me. I have been enjoying banana and peanut butter protein shakes. 

14 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

tops look so pretty. Love the floral one with the square neckline, its such a great cut for you ?

Thank you! I like that it's more modest lol I hate when I have too much cleavage which is most shirts

• Like 3

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Wednesday

Deficit: ?

I think I did okay. Utilized my high protein snacks when I got hungry.

Steps: only got 2075 steps. But I did go for a mini walk with Mr.R and the girls. 

Spending: ? Only bought a switch game for my trip but it was in sale and less than $5

---

Thursday

I did ok. Dinner was maybe a bit bigger but lunch was smaller. 

Steps: ?‍♀️

I ended up going for a walk since I didn't know what to do with myself anyways. I ended today with 3750 steps. 

Spending: bought a bagel I didn't need

I'll need to fill in steps later. I'm at 800 recorded but I didn't have pockets so I missed my lawn cutting steps but it was probably only 250 steps. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Rookie said:

I just can't wrap my head around energy balls. I feel they probably taste good but they just don't sound appetizing to me

Most recepies are basically nuts, dried dates (or similar) and a nut butter for binding. Usually with a smattering of other stuff to vary the flavour. I have a nice cocoa and orange recipe if thats up your street. 

the 50’s necklines that are around at the moment are so pretty and classy. 

• Like 2

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8

17 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Most recepies are basically nuts, dried dates (or similar) and a nut butter for binding. Usually with a smattering of other stuff to vary the flavour. I have a nice cocoa and orange recipe if thats up your street. 

Did you say orange and cocoa... I'm listening ?

17 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

the 50’s necklines that are around at the moment are so pretty and classy. 

I agree! Love them

7 hours ago, Rookie said:

Did you say orange and cocoa

Recepie link here

I make these with ordinary dates, not the expensive medjools and they work great. You can switch the nut butter for a different one as well. so if all you have is peanut, that should work fine. Ive made these with different nuts too, almonds work well. And sometimes dont mix the seeds in. 
If you freeze them and then just decant a few into a box in the fridge so you have some onhand they will keep for ages. 

the recpies are pretty basic and you can mix other stuff into the, and make substitutions. I put cocoa nibs into one batch which was nice. 

if theyre a hit i have a few more recepies ive collected im slowly trying. Next one on the list is a cocanut and cocoa one. But there are lots out there and if you search energy balls, protein balls, energy bites or some combo there of, you will find a ton of recepies. 

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 2

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8

3 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Recepie link here

I make these with ordinary dates, not the expensive medjools and they work great. You can switch the nut butter for a different one as well. so if all you have is peanut, that should work fine. Ive made these with different nuts too, almonds work well. And sometimes dont mix the seeds in. 
If you freeze them and then just decant a few into a box in the fridge so you have some onhand they will keep for ages. 

the recpies are pretty basic and you can mix other stuff into the, and make substitutions. I put cocoa nibs into one batch which was nice. 

if theyre a hit i have a few more recepies ive collected im slowly trying. Next one on the list is a cocanut and cocoa one. But there are lots out there and if you search energy balls, protein balls, energy bites or some combo there of, you will find a ton of recepies. 

Thank you! This is great. I'll give them a try when I'm back from my work trip 

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

Well today I ended up out and about way longer than I intended. I stopped at the thrift store and found 2 pairs of black thick leggings with tummy control, some crazy orange flowy pants and a beige cardigan/sweater thing. I think I'll return the orange pants and beige sweater. 

After that I went to the mall so I could get my eyebrows waxed and go to torrid. Torrid was dangerous and I went over what I wanted to spend. But I got some comfortable, flattering and cute clothes. I'm probably going to also return 3 of the tops I got from Walmart because I like these better. 

Spoiler

PXL_20240916_002607082.thumb.jpg.13b364c993250e25e7ddc0b26f46b891.jpg

Crazy orange pants

PXL_20240915_171607696.thumb.jpg.5ac4cbeddb13831ece4354e499ca8237.jpg

Eyebrows did

PXL_20240915_161936057.thumb.jpg.2070b9023ad1cb731e35435ab58bc15b.jpg

PXL_20240915_160443971.thumb.jpg.92722efe47725cc80fffcca584e84624.jpg

PXL_20240915_160803749.thumb.jpg.d9bb1c8bf6d4cdde1146c0f3766f666a.jpg

PXL_20240915_160234024.thumb.jpg.76a07e4efac9d5e9139f8f247e2ce597.jpg

PXL_20240915_160141274.thumb.jpg.33506e6702fe6960e2fe2741bd8bf6cc.jpg

PXL_20240915_155953042.thumb.jpg.bafb6c9335df35f94fedab2d9d87d441.jpg

Steps: ?‍♀️8100 ish

Spending:

• Like 6

All of them look good, but I've always liked the style of the first yellow shirt, and the color really pops.

But none of them are nearly as good as "dragged to victory"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are not sinners trespassing in the garden of an angry God.

We are prodigals come home; fully seen and deeply loved.

Spoiler

I love the orange palazzo pants, those are fabulous and look sooooo comfy!

• Like 3

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 9/14/2024 at 4:48 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

Recepie link here

On 9/14/2024 at 7:54 AM, Rookie said:

Thank you! This is great. I'll give them a try when I'm back from my work trip 

I challenge you!

This will be my 3rd energy ball recipe I found and realize I need to sit and do them for yummy snacks lol

• That's Metal 1

"Operation Bad*ss" Starts 9/1/2024

Quest 1: Level up Basecamp

7 hours ago, Whisper said:

All of them look good, but I've always liked the style of the first yellow shirt, and the color really pops.

They had so many sunshine yellow clothes... My weakness lol I also quite like that style. It's flattering

7 hours ago, Whisper said:

But none of them are nearly as good as "dragged to victory"!

Hehe I do quite like that top

7 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I love the orange palazzo pants, those are fabulous and look sooooo comfy!

They are so comfy! Bit snug where they sit but the flowiness makes up for it

7 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

I too succumbed to the lure of crazy orange pants this fall! High five, my sister in big orange pants :D

Highest of fives!! 

6 hours ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

I challenge you!

Now I really will need to do it ?

• Like 5

Well it's not traveling if you aren't getting stressed out before you go right? Our water pressure decided to be very low all of a sudden. But I called the city and they are sending someone to investigate Monday. So now I feel I don't need to worry about it until then. 

I'm not sure if Winnie is feeling any better since she wasn't acting sick. I gave her a small lunch and a full dinner of a protein she does the best on. Fingers crossed. Hopefully whatever was upsetting her tummy has passed through by now. 

Last night I put an my clothes aside to pack and I have my work stuff off to the side ready to pack. So I guess I just need to actually pack now. But that's an after dinner problem. 

• Like 5

Monday

Steps: 2.2k steps

Budget: ?

Tuesday

Steps: ?‍♀️7.6k steps

Deficit: (but I am getting more conscious about decisions and such)

Wednesday

Steps: ?‍♀️5.9k steps 

Yesterday I got to the airport early so I walked around while I waited. I also went on a mini evening walk checking out the hotel. Today I went to the hotel gym after a huge pasta dinner ? I did 2 mins and a bit on the elliptical and 10 mins walking on the treadmill then I went for a swim. 

Anyways! I'm feeling a bit headachy so I'm going to bed :) I hope everyones week is going their way. 

• Like 5

1 more sleep until I get to go home to my person and doggos. 

Today is going to be very long. I've been up since 5:30, there's a couple thinking meetings today and we have a party after work that goes until midnight usually then I think it's an hour drive back to the hotel. 

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

It's home day!!!

I don't know why I thought it was an hour drive from the party location to the hotel lol it was 10 minutes. We got back on around 10:30. Not too bad but I could not fall asleep! I was way too chilly and wide awake. It got so cold last night.. Everyone looked like they were dressed for winter

• Like 5

On 9/21/2024 at 1:25 PM, Radost said:

Ugh, post-event brain plus uncomfortable temperature insomnia is rough! Hope the party was reasonably fun at least. Happy home day! Wishing you smooth travels.

IMG_7707.gif.ddcb668efd912cb47e463b6e748fac94.gif

As fun as it could be with being an outside in a tight knit group when you are an awkward introvert lol.

Made it home alright! 

• Like 2

I made some good choices where I wouldn't be overfull and I stopped snacking after I wasn't hungry anymore. Food choices themselves I'm sure could be better 

Steps: ?‍♀️ I got 2500 steps which isn't much but I did do extra movement to even get that high. 

Deficit: ? no unnecessary purchases today

• Like 5