18 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

The weather has changed so quickly

It's back up to summer weather this week apparently! 26C for them. 

I personally love this weather where generally its 22-26 during the day and maybe 16-22 overnight. Just lovely ☺️

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Steps: ?‍♀️ ended the day with 3500 steps! 

Deficit: had a bit too much at lunch

Spending: ? we decided to travel to my work Christmas party so I'm slowly booking stuff ? this is going to be expensive. It will probably be the first and last time I go just because it doesn't make sense for me being out of province. 

• Like 6

Well now I'm really failing the no spend... We went mattress shopping yesterday ?‍♀️ I figured maybe $2-3k high-end. We are now getting an adjustable base as well so you can double that and add another $1k. Holy moly. It was really comfortable. But eesh..

• Like 4

I worked as a temp at a Sealy Mattress plant for a while when I was younger. I remember the head of sales saying that mattresses are often a “grudge” purchase - they are expensive up front, but what other item do you use in your house every single day that has the same kind of impact on your physical and mental health? It was a new perspective for me. I hear you on the cost though, Dave and I did that last summer and yikes. Worth it, but oh boy, what a touch. 

• Like 3

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

With the others on this. investing in good sleep is very worthwhile. You are going to get alot of mileadge out of that purchase. Its like buying a good pair of boots knowing you will wear them every day or a good quality winter coat if you live somewhere cold. 

• Like 2

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8

On 9/28/2024 at 3:37 PM, Sovalis said:

I worked as a temp at a Sealy Mattress plant for a while when I was younger. I remember the head of sales saying that mattresses are often a “grudge” purchase - they are expensive up front, but what other item do you use in your house every single day that has the same kind of impact on your physical and mental health? It was a new perspective for me. I hear you on the cost though, Dave and I did that last summer and yikes. Worth it, but oh boy, what a touch. 

I guess my "grudge" comes from how marked up mattresses are, at this store you can't return it only exchange and how every store seems to get a different name and model so it's hard to look them up to compare. Like he said if we could find a better price they price match but that mattress doesn't exist anywhere but that store. I read somewhere awhile back mattresses are something you should never buy at full price because of the markup. And I hate haggling and trying to get the best deal and I especially dislike the "well if you don't decide now you could miss out". 

One of the ways I'm coping is by reminding myself this is a 10 year purchase but I'm worried the mattress won't last 8-10 years. 

• Like 5

On 9/29/2024 at 5:19 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

With the others on this. investing in good sleep is very worthwhile. You are going to get alot of mileadge out of that purchase. Its like buying a good pair of boots knowing you will wear them every day or a good quality winter coat if you live somewhere cold. 

Very true. We are counting down the days. I hope we like sleeping on our backs in our adjusted fetal positions. ? The image is funny. 

On 9/28/2024 at 11:11 AM, Radost said:

You’re gonna sleep so well though!

I really hope so! 

• Like 4

I definitely got my movement points for today. I took apart the bed frame and helped lug the headboard downstairs and into the garage. Its solid wood. I also vacuumed under the bed which I don't know if that's ever been done ?  the hard part of the getting the bedroom ready for the new bed is done. And I took off my roof bin ? fun adventure season is at its end. Though I still want to sneak in some fall hikes while I still have the conservation pass. 

My giant to-do list 

- organize linen closet

- put suitcase away

- clean clutter around bed so bed people work easily 

- dust everything

- wipe walls

- add power bars to both sides of bed

- bring extra hampers downstairs/in bathroom

- vacuum under and around bed 

- dismantle Wesley tent

- clean new sheets

- clean mattress and pillow protectors

dismantle bed frame

- relocate bedframe + head and foot boards 

- take off Thule bin

- put camp bedding away

- reorganize camp bin

- pack up camping cupboard 

- get rid of bedframe, headboard and footboard

- go through pantry*

- go through fridge*

- go through freezer

- spray downstairs carpet with enzyme killer

- fix washer

- clean laundry room and reorganize

- exchange propane

- book rental car for December

- reorganize garage

- drop off empties

- weed front garden bed

- weed blueberries and raspberry

- clean up dead plants / dirt 

- return Walmart clothes

- return Amazon filters + brown shoes + Wesley's doggles? 

- find or get printer ink

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 3

I kinda love those days when my "lift heavy stuff" box gets ticked doing Regular Life Activities. Way to go, moving the headboard! And yeah, under the bed is second only to behind appliances for those "have I literally EVER cleaned this???" moments.

I hope a lot of those little tasks chain nicely into a productive putter and you find yourself at the end of the day going, "yep, I did good."

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Radost said:

I kinda love those days when my "lift heavy stuff" box gets ticked doing Regular Life Activities. Way to go, moving the headboard! And yeah, under the bed is second only to behind appliances for those "have I literally EVER cleaned this???" moments.

Oh me too! My favourite exercise when it's just from life.I'm afraid to look behind our appliances. I might find a fifth dog I didn't know I had ?

12 hours ago, Radost said:

I hope a lot of those little tasks chain nicely into a productive putter and you find yourself at the end of the day going, "yep, I did good."

I wish. Unfortunately it's been very busy so Mr.R hasn't been too receptive to taking a break from our game... I can't say my nights have been productive. On one hand it's been nice to spend time together. On the other hand now I need to try and get it all done tomorrow before the delivery people get here. 

8 hours ago, Salinger said:

Wow you did LOADS!!!!!!!

how's your weekend going? X

Still so much to do though.

It's going okay. Have to get everything bedroom related done tomorrow before the guys get here. I'm excited for our new bed. I'm not sure how the girls will like it since it can move lol

• Like 6

The transition from sleeping on my side to my back with the adjustable base has not been going great. On top of that the girls have been banished from the bedroom until we "get used to it". Which makes me sad. Mr.R is being stubborn and insisting we need to stick with it. I think he needs a CPAP machine if he's sleeping on his back though. I'm 98% sure he has sleep apnea. And he was having his leg go numb with our feet and head a bit elevated. And sleeping on his side minimizes the snoring/breathing issues and leg numbness. So I'm just generally cranky and tired. 

• Sad 3

19 minutes ago, Rookie said:

The transition from sleeping on my side to my back with the adjustable base has not been going great.

I sleep best on my side too, and have to be able to roll over. I don't think I would do well with an adjustable base.

• Like 1

We are not sinners trespassing in the garden of an angry God.

We are prodigals come home; fully seen and deeply loved.

Spoiler

12 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey Rookie, how are you sleeping now?

I saw the lights last night too!!!! xx

I think I sleep ok on my back as long as the back isn't too high.. but its just getting to sleep that's the issue. Though last night the back felt too high and I couldn't sleep at all but eventually Mr.R woke up and said his leg went numb again so he was going to put it flat so we could sleep on our sides. I fell asleep easily but since the mattress isn't broken in my shoulder and hip are sore. 

• Like 4

Happy Thanksgiving, Rookie!

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson