5 hours ago, Harriet said:

Dad went home today. Hopefully I can get over this illness, recover, and make a new plan. Might take a few days off for non-improvement, though. Need to reflect on what it means to get better now I'm coming to the end of my belief in healthy lifestyle changes. 

Big hugs. This group already has supportive people who cheer for both sides of the body weight coin, happy & healthy at every size, and re-composition our bodies to meet our goals; we'll certainly be there if you decide to emphasize the lifestyle-acceptance side of the coin, as well as / instead of the lifestyle-change side. You're the captain of HMS Harriet, we're the cheer squad. 

• Like 6

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

On 10/2/2024 at 3:21 PM, Salinger said:

I love you Harriet. Sending solidarity, support, cuddles and lots of love xx

Thank you darling. ❤️ 

On 10/2/2024 at 6:48 PM, Laghail said:

Big hugs. This group already has supportive people who cheer for both sides of the body weight coin, happy & healthy at every size, and re-composition our bodies to meet our goals; we'll certainly be there if you decide to emphasize the lifestyle-acceptance side of the coin, as well as / instead of the lifestyle-change side. You're the captain of HMS Harriet, we're the cheer squad. 

I'm not healthy at every size, I'm unhealthy at every size ? But thanks ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

On 10/4/2024 at 10:32 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

I think a few days off to exist is a wonderful idea. Remove expectations of what should be, and just be. ?

I am.going to take this advice thank you!!!!!

Harriet how are you my gorgeous friend? X

• Like 2
On 10/4/2024 at 11:32 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

Your dad sounds lovely and tiring. it is not a defect on your part that he can be tiring. 

Thank you for this comment. It helps that my brother also finds him exhausting. I was grateful to Mr Harriet for taking him on a long bike ride. And a car trip up a mountain.

On 10/4/2024 at 11:32 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

I think a few days off to exist is a wonderful idea. Remove expectations of what should be, and just be. ?

Thank you. That's what I'm doing now ❤️ 

On 10/5/2024 at 9:19 PM, Salinger said:

I am.going to take this advice thank you!!!!!

Harriet how are you my gorgeous friend? X

Hello darling. I'm sick, but okay. I've had the cold I got from my brother for long enough that it has turned into a sinus infection. Alas. But I'm not unhappy.

• Like 6

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

I'm still alive. I've just been chilling and doing whatever I feel like (youtube, video games, short walks). Plus my brother asked for 10 illustrations for a work project. He said I would have two weeks, but then he procrastinated, then he broke up with his terrible new boyfriend and has been distraught for several days, so I got the prompts today and I have three days left. Well, two days now. Mr Harriet is back in Seehausen (south of Munich) because he is now completely addicted to cycling and cannot cope without it. But he fell off his bike and called an ambulance today. He will need stitches and a scan.

I found some mental health and life advice videos on youtube, and recommended them to my brother, who then went and bought a module (an online mini course, I guess) on trauma from the maker, and recommended it to me. So I bought it, too, and am watching it. Maybe I will learn something.

I am reflecting on whether I have been mistaken about what is in my control, and what is not. I still have lingering thoughts that I may be lazy and could have tried harder. But whatever. I need a path forward, which means I need a plan that *works* not a plan that is righteous.

I am thinking about small things with immediate feedback: walking and stretching reduce my joint pain so I can sleep better (my pain has gotten worse, extremely gradually, over the last several years. Snail style stealth attack). Switching between different kinds of leisure (listening, reading, watching) could help my mental fatigue and be nice. I might look for sources of input other than health and diet content.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Salinger said:

What are the illustrations of Harriet?

A storyboard for a work project for my brother. With customers and employees and of his company as cute animal-people. 

• Like 3

On 10/14/2024 at 9:27 AM, Mad Hatter said:

Feeling better?

Mentally yes. Physically no. OH WELL

On 10/14/2024 at 8:48 PM, Mistr said:

I hope you and Mr. Harriet are both okay.

Thanks. Mr Harriet is healing slowly but he will have a scar above his eye. Personally I think it's fine. After all, with all the video games now they offer you the ability to put scars on your character in character creation. It's so common I can only assume that facial scars are cool now.

I'm okay. I still have CFS, but other than that I'm completely normal lol.

On 10/14/2024 at 8:48 PM, Mistr said:

I did not know you drew cute animal-people. Your style has always been more impressionistic. How did it go?

I can draw cartoon like illustrations. This post has some of my more illustration-like pieces:

The pics for my brother had to be super simple given the time constraints, but this is one of my favourites. My brother said the presentation went splendidly, and sent matcha to my house as a thank you. 

Spoiler

ottoillustration4.thumb.png.0b768778da7e14f9d8ef4ca8686a86c6.png

• Like 6

Hi Harriet. Just popping in to send love. I am glad your dad is safely away and you have the peace of a quiet home to think and recover in. I agree with Snarky - it’s no reflection of you that he is exhausting, some people just be like that. 

❤️ 

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

Hey that's something!

It is indeed. Being sick without worrying about being productive is much more pleasant than being sick and worrying about being productive.

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

Cute illustration, but needs more cat. ☺️

There was cat in a further two of the ten illustrations.

1 hour ago, Sovalis said:

Hi Harriet. Just popping in to send love. I am glad your dad is safely away and you have the peace of a quiet home to think and recover in. I agree with Snarky - it’s no reflection of you that he is exhausting, some people just be like that. 

❤️

Thank you, darling. It's nice to read that.

29 minutes ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Those drawrings are so pretty. I bet they looked amazing in your brothers project. Love the birds too. The textures are amazing

Thank you my dear. I loved the birds project, too.

• Like 2