Forums are back in action! ×

Music fit for EPIC QUESTING

TravelJunkie

TravelJunkie, have you seen this version of the Skyrim theme? I'm a big fan of Jason Yang's work - he's an incredibly talented violinist.

I had NOT seen that. Thank you for sharing, though. I absolutely love violins, and I don't get tired of the Skyrim theme. Nor do I tire of the Game of Thrones music:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TravelJunkie

Level 1 Charr Assassin

STR 2, DEX 2, STA 2, CON 4, WIS 3, CHA 2

Highland Reign for housework / warmups. Basshunter's "Walk on Water" DJ Satomi is pretty much the Chipmunk treatment, but good for getting hyper.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

That is awesome! I need to get some of his and her stuff.

I just found out, she does the only dubstep song I like (as of right now).

this. is. AWESOME! I've been starting to listen to dupstep & this is just great!

Love it :) I have loved Lindsey Stirling for a long time though.

Also, I find a lot of different things inspiring, but for some reason Muse's song Uprising gets me pumped up every time :D

Muse is just awesome!

Aaaand... here's my contribution!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzge5vY72hE

Ohh lindsey stirling how I adore you.... :love_heart:

I love listening to some dubstep while working out, eminem's soldier, lose yourself, and especially till I collapse (I could literally play this over and over and it would keep me just as motivated), skillet - monster, and a bunch of other rock songs.

Edit: Nice list Laney! I love pendulum, skrillex, and flux pavilion. Pendulum has a song with In Flames who is also one of my favorite bands, basically made me wanna go pillage a village.

playlistwj.jpg

Wandering WarriorLevel 4- STR: 7.5 | DEX: 1 | CON: 7 | STA: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 4.25"Your future is created by what you do TODAY, not tomorrow"

Battle Log | Fitocracy

Lifting Goals: Squats - 545 | Bench - 410 | Deads - 585 

I'm too lazy to find music on youtube and link it here. I also don't really get "hyped" for workouts the way I see others do. I kind of enter a trance. Music helps. It feels like I'm transferring into a different mindset. Physically I get a pump from the workout, but it's completely disassociated from my mind when I'm listening to music. Here are my top 5 favorites though when working out.

1) John Murphy- Surface of the Sun (Adagio in D minor [From Sunshine])

2) Blackmill- Miracle

3) Nubuo Uematsu- Another Side [From Kingdom Hearts]- Starts off slow for the first minute

4) Markus Schulz- Daydream -Another song that starts off slow

5) Alcorus- Shine (From Mirror's Edge)

Also, anything from Daft Punk's Alive 2007 album will get me going.

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

Ohh lindsey stirling how I adore you.... :love_heart:

I love listening to some dubstep while working out, eminem's soldier, lose yourself, and especially till I collapse (I could literally play this over and over and it would keep me just as motivated), skillet - monster, and a bunch of other rock songs.

Edit: Nice list Laney! I love pendulum, skrillex, and flux pavilion. Pendulum has a song with In Flames who is also one of my favorite bands, basically made me wanna go pillage a village.

THIS THREAD IS FULL OF AWESOME.

Aqweei: I love dnb of any type! I've seen Skrillex and FP in concert haha, I'd kill to see Pendulum, it's one of the only bands my bf and I both like :)

Level 3 Time Lord AdventurerChallenge Thread

| | Cosplay Blog | |

Awesome, yea the fiance likes all the rock and metal I listen too because I dont get too heavy with it and she likes some dnb but sometimes not so much. Here is Self vs. Self

Wandering WarriorLevel 4- STR: 7.5 | DEX: 1 | CON: 7 | STA: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 4.25"Your future is created by what you do TODAY, not tomorrow"

Battle Log | Fitocracy

Epic? Like if you need some more motivation for hard things? :)

Oh that 'sunshine' soundtrack is great. How do you like 'The fountain'?

The first track is relaxing:

Also great: The band Visions of atlantis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irCuY6-6MvQ

Level 2   Human   Ranger

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 7.7  CON 4.8  Battle Log  We are Rangers.DEX 2.0  WIS 2.9               We walk in the dark places no others will enter.STA 4.9  CHA 3.3               We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

How do you like 'The fountain'?

Clint Mansell is one of my favorites. You'd be hard pressed to find any orchestral movie soundtrack by him that I wouldn't like. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find ANY orchestral soundtracks I don't like, VG included.

If you like Mansell, go look up the heavy rain soundtrack. There's a few brain scramblers and heart tuggers in that one.

P.S. Is it bad the only pendelum song I've head is The Island Pt. 1+2? (And Ghosts N' Stuff but that doesn't count).

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

So sad news part 1 - Youtube is blocked here at work and the internet connection isn't sufficient enough to listen in my room.

sad news part 2 - Spotify no longer works here at work and I can't log in with my connection in my room.

I look forward to checking out all the goodies in this thread in 45 days. Currently Symphony of Destruction is rocking my playlist as I type.

I have found that Kickstart My Heart is pretty much the perfect tempo song when I am running as it clocks in at about a 9 min mile pace.

And Metallica's Fuel is a great lifting song for me, while their Suicide and Redemption is the perfect cool down song.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

STR - 7.2 Dex - 2 Sta - 7 Con - 4 Wis - 3 CHA - 4

"Do or Do Not. There is no try."

"Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up ."

Round 2 - Faster, Stronger, Leaner and more Pious?

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

http://youtu.be/JhKNuoaGHO0

I love Five Finger Death Punch and this is an EPIC song to workout to

I saw them live in Atlanta for the Cinco de Mayo party this past year! Ive got some decent concert footage. They are one of my favorite bands. Chevelle and Shinedown were also there. Ive seen Stone Sour two times so far and they are my favorite band bar none.

Battle Log | Fitocracy

Remember the name:

Oh and Heavy Rain was a great game! Can't remember the music though :)

*edit* Also THIS: http://lazarus.thehawkonline.com/music/Stones.mp3

Thats the song 'stones' from the ultima series. Lazarus is a fan remake of U5 (iirc) and their version of stones is... perfect :star:

Level 2   Human   Ranger

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 7.7  CON 4.8  Battle Log  We are Rangers.DEX 2.0  WIS 2.9               We walk in the dark places no others will enter.STA 4.9  CHA 3.3               We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

That is awesome! I need to get some of his and her stuff.

I just found out, she does the only dubstep song I like (as of right now).

I dont know if she qualifies as dub step, but Caitlin Moe (played with TSO East from 2009-2010. Saw her live) is an awesome electric violinist! Here is a vid of her doing He's a Pirate from the Pirates of the Caribbean sdtk

(This is an even better version w/ lights and such http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOGh5yf219g&feature=related)

Also, I don't know you are a Firefly fan, but if you are you have to check out the Firefly sdtk. It rocks. My favorite is still the intro theme song.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

As for the viking metal part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPRt6Tt6RyM

Sans growling which I prefer, although the music was pretty badass!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

Archived