Forums are back in action! ×

You know you're a nerd when...

ThePuma

Meanwhile...

You know you're a nerd when one of the first things you do when you get a GPS is put the voice of GLaDOS on it.

That's genius... "In 300 yards, turn left. Not turning left will result in a failed grade, followed by death." "You are now arriving at [sUBJECT HOMETOWN HERE]." "Drive straight for-AH! BIRD! BIRD! KILL IT! IT'S EVIL!"

You know you're a nerd when seeing the name GLaDOS makes you remember all the best quotes from Portal. You ALSO know you're a nerd when someone asks you a simple history question about Ancient Rome and you immediately respond with "There's a backstory to this," and then launch into the backstory. Maybe that's specifically me though. >.>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]We will lead by example.

You know you're a nerd when one of the first things you do when you get a GPS is put the voice of GLaDOS on it.

The first thing I do when I get a new phone is set my message tone to GLaDOS saying "You have received a new text message."

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

The first thing I do when I get a new phone is set my message tone to GLaDOS saying "You have received a new text message."

I need this. Gah can't wait to upgrade my phone!

You also know you're a nerd when you/your partner start using "By the Nines!"

Human Ranger

2.5 STR | 2 DEX | 1.5 STA | 1.5 CON | 4 WIS | 3.5 CHA

But did any of you have the balls to punch him (theonlyreasonSiskogetsmentionedinbestcaptaindebates)?

Klingons thought their gods were more trouble than they were worth, so they killed them... Yes we would punch a Q in a heartbeat.

Couldn't the Q just kill the Tribbles instead of having an "inferior race" do it for them?

Klingons killed the Tribbles long time ago. Killing the Ewoks is our job, getting there was theirs. "Inferior"...I don't think so!!!

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

That's genius... "In 300 yards, turn left. Not turning left will result in a failed grade, followed by death." "You are now arriving at [sUBJECT HOMETOWN HERE]." "Drive straight for-AH! BIRD! BIRD! KILL IT! IT'S EVIL!"

Sadly, the voice pack didn't come with any passive-aggressive comments. It still fills me with glee to hear her voice, though.

You ALSO know you're a nerd when someone asks you a simple history question about Ancient Rome and you immediately respond with "There's a backstory to this," and then launch into the backstory. Maybe that's specifically me though. >.>

Oh no, I do it too. I'm not sure whether my mom is amused or driven crazy by my tendency to do this. Probably a little of both. It gets really fun when I'm watching Jeopardy with her...

possible spoiler alert

When watching True Blood and they mention the Ifrit, and you immediately say "oh nice! I have the Junnin Ifrit in my black deck currently"

YES! Or when your first thought is related to Final Fantasy, such as "I believe I have a FFVIII Ifrit action figure in storage somewhere!"

And yes, I really do have this guy in storage back home:

y3RrMyPhIx1zYLET0rcGqeIpej217QFd.jpg

Loved the Ifrit scenes in True Blood....can't wait to see more!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

YES! Or when your first thought is related to Final Fantasy, such as "I believe I have a FFVIII Ifrit action figure in storage somewhere!"

And yes, I really do have this guy in storage back home:

y3RrMyPhIx1zYLET0rcGqeIpej217QFd.jpg

Loved the Ifrit scenes in True Blood....can't wait to see more!

:) this is great

~It's when Pirates count their booty that they become mere thieves.~My Fitness Pal TrackerMy 6 Week Challenge Page- Scout

...when you and your hubby start quoting lines from movies and shows back and forth to each other (Dark Knight, Sherlock Holmes, FLCL, etc.) at random times during the day

Also...

You know your hubby is a nerd when he can do certain scenes of Heath Ledger's Joker perfectly, down to inflections/tone/body movements, because he's been studying it so intently

Current inspiration for my journey: Prov. 14:23

All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Archived