Forums are back in action! ×

Your 5 favorite albums....

Morrigainz

Carrie Underwood - Blown Away

It's her newest album and I am really enjoying it at the moment, and it's the cd I have playing in my car

Simple Plan - Get Your Heart On

I had it playing in my car over summer and I did a bit of driving than, yet after all that time I still enjoyed the cd

Any of the Pokemon soundtracks

What can I say, I had/have/will always have a thing for anything Pokemon

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Leaving off the Beatles because picking the best one is too hard.

1. Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

2. Radiohead - Kid A

3. Can - Tago Mago

4. Sonic Youth - Murray Street

5. Electrelane - The Power Out

4 and 5 may be odd choices. Haven't even listen to Kid A or Neutral Milk Hotel much in ages but they're albums that changed my taste quite significantly when I was younger.

Yes! I love Neutral Milk Hotel!

And Electrelane is amazeballs. They have such a unique sound. I don't know if I like The Power Out or No Shouts No Calls better though.

Other ones that I like that maybe I should have listed include Arcade Fire (both Funeral and Neon Bible...excellent) and anything by The Magnetic Fields (but especially 69 Love Songs).

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I don't know if anyone will know these... but...

Silence - Blindside

Who Can Know It? - Showbread

In Shallow Seas We Sail - Emery

Burning Bridges - Haste The Day

Rival Factions - Project 86

The only one I haven't heard of is Showbread. All stuff I listened to, back in the day, before I lost all of my music.

Marsupial Assassin - LVL 3

STR 10 || DEX 3 || STA 5 || CON 8 || WIS 11 || CHA 7

Fitocracy || MyFitnessPal

my list is continually changing as I find new music and make myself sick of (over-listen to) my current favs. However, the last time I made my list it went something like this:

~ Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream

~ Blind Melon - Blind Melon

~ Tool - Aenima

~ Black Keys - The Big Come Up

~ Led Zeppelin - Zeppelin II

That being said I could swap in any of Radiohead's first 3 albums (the Bends leads the race though), most of Zeppelin's albums, Beatles as mentioned above, Wolfmother, Priestess, any Tool album, older Black Keys (pre-El Camino), Soundgarden, STP's first 3 albums, Rival Sons Pressure & Time, etc.

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

In no particular order (aside from #1)..

1.Otis Redding- Dock of the Bay or any of his work or his Essentials/Best of/Etc because everything Otis is the best.

Tori Amos-Little Earthquakes

VAST-self titled

Etta James-- similar to Otis...I've loved every single album I've heard. The easy picks are essentials since that's what I first got my hands on.

and i can't think of a 5th... I'll be back.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Must be a sign they are truly great huh?

Or just that this site attracts a certain demographic! ;)

Seriously though, my favourites aren't a list of what I think are best/greatest - they're just the ones that I can listen to without getting bored. My list of what I think is truly great would be totally different.

1. VNV Nation - Praise the Fallen: Because I can't listen to it without totally wanting to be in motion.
  2. U2 - Zooropa: Because I'll never get tired of "Stay, (faraway, so close)"
  3. Rammstein - Herzeleid: Because "Du riechst so gut" is so dance-worthy.
  4. Midnight Oil - Earth and Sun and Moon: Because it's one of the only albums that I can listen to in its entirety and not want to skip any songs.

I know, that's only four, but for a fifth I'd be hard pressed to choose between:

• Suede - Dog Man Star: Because of nostalgia.
  • Fokofpolisiekar - As Jy Met Vuur Speel Sal Jy Brand: Because it amuses me and originally surprised me.
  • k-os - Atlantis: Hymns for Disco: Because it takes me back to the year I moved from Toronto to Calgary and heard "Flypaper" while shopping and the lyrics made me feel ridiculously homesick.
  • The Academy of Ancient Music's recording of Handel's Rinaldo (the one with Daniel Taylor and Cecilia Bartoli): Because it's solid, and a lot of full opera recordings are not.

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --
STR 26 | DEX 13 | STA 19 | CON 7 | WIS 14 | CHA 14

1) Pearl Jam - Ten

2) Dave Matthews Band - Under the Table and Dreaming

3) Dave Matthews Band - Before These Crowded Streets

4) Metallica - Master of Puppets

5) The Psychedelic Furs - Forever Now

July 2012 Weight: 330.2

August 2012 Weight: 325

"Could I have been anyone other than me?" - Dave Matthews

I am Co-Host of "Converse in the Ninjaverse", a podcast devoted to all things pop culture and nerdy! Check us out on itunes and Stitcher

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No particular order based off current (past 5 years?) overall album plays (some tend to always stay at the top such as Bush, Pearl Jam, and GnR). My favorites easily adjust over periods of time.

Bush - Sixteen Stone

Pearl Jam - Ten

Sunlounger - Sunny Tales

The Glitch Mob - Drink the Sea

Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine or The Downward Spiral (I agree with you Mir....can't decide)

Guns N' Roses - both Use Your Illusion albums - Bonus Album(s)!

As an example of how things change, based off album plays in the past, these constantly rotate in and out of the top 5:

Stroke 9 - Nasty Little Thoughts

Counting Crows - August and Everything After

Eve 6 - Self titled and It's All in Your Head

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory, Meteora, and Reanimation

Live - Throwing Copper and The Distance to Here

Radiohead - OK Computer

The Offspring - Smash, Ixnay on the Hombre, and Americana

Nightwish - Various albums with Tarja Turunen

And all of this doesn't even really touch on the main music I listen to (trance, progressive, house, etc). Those genres tend to be more finicky with me regarding picking full albums.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

In no particular order...

1. The Band: Music from Big Pink

2. Led Zeppelin: Houses of the Holy (this is a toss-up with something by Gogol Bordello, maybe Transcontinental Hustle.)

3. Bob Dylan: Bob Dylan (eponymous first album. listen to it. it's good)

4. Rodrigo y Gabriela: Rodrigo y Gabriela

5. The Who: Tommy

Clearly I need to migrate up a century or so. Some of these albums I haven't listened to in a while, but all of them were listened to many many many times over at some point in the last 10 years.

1. Linkin Park- Hybrid Theory, Meteora, A Thousands Suns (I can't pick one!)

2. Three Days Grace- One X

3. 30 Seconds to Mars- A Butiful Lie

4. Bush- Sixteen Stone

5. Nickelback- All the Right Seasons

Gnome Adventurer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 2/DEX 1/STA 2/CON 4/WIS 4/CHA 2

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Looking at my most played for this, no particular order:

Muse - Black Holes and Revelations

Fall Out Boy - Infinity On High

Maroon 5 - It Won't Be Soon Before Long

Luca Turilli - King of the Nordic Twilight

System of a Down - Toxicity

It's really not being fair though to pick 5, so much good music! Bruno Mars, 3OH!3, Richard Cheese, Panic! at the Disco, Rhapsody (of Fire), Michael Bublé, The Lonely Island, Tenacious D, The Strokes, Linkin Park, The Black Keys, and Justin Timberlake/'N Sync all show up several times in my top 200 played songs.

Also, Loren, I love Blindside, got all their albums since I saw them perform as the opener for Linkin Park nearly 10 years ago.

Oh man so much music to check out

/me has a musicgasm

Icedtrip, what kind of trance etc do you listen to? I don't know if you remember we had a convo about ASOT ep 200 when I first joined...but...I need to find more like that. Most of what I have is....

wait for it....

...rubbish. :D

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Looking at my most played for this, no particular order:

Muse - Black Holes and Revelations

Fall Out Boy - Infinity On High

Maroon 5 - It Won't Be Soon Before Long

Luca Turilli - King of the Nordic Twilight

System of a Down - Toxicity

It's really not being fair though to pick 5, so much good music! Bruno Mars, 3OH!3, Richard Cheese, Panic! at the Disco, Rhapsody (of Fire), Michael Bublé, The Lonely Island, Tenacious D, The Strokes, Linkin Park, The Black Keys, and Justin Timberlake/'N Sync all show up several times in my top 200 played songs.

Also, Loren, I love Blindside, got all their albums since I saw them perform as the opener for Linkin Park nearly 10 years ago.

I feel like you and me have similar music styles, in the sense that it is all over. I love almost all of those bands. Especially Rhapsody, SOAD, Lonely Island, LP, JT/N Sync. haha. 3Oh3 and me are hit and miss, but I like some of their stuff.

Pearl Jam - Ten

Pearl Jam - Vs

YESSS. Though I might pick Vitalogy instead of Vs. Maybe, I don't know. I can't choose. Ten is the greatest debut album of any band, ever, in my opinion. My other favorite albums might be:

Coldplay- Viva La Vida

The Beatles-any Greatest Hits album of theirs

Johnny Cash- American VI: Ain't No Grave. I love all his "American" series, but that one has so many songs on it that are just beautiful.

Honorable mentions:

Led Zeppelin-again, any Greatest Hits album

AC/DC-same

Coldplay- X&Y

EDIT: The Who! How could I forget The Who..

The Road Goes Ever On And On

You can watch stuff happen, MAKE stuff happen, or wonder what the heck happened

Oh man I love this game. Hard to choose just five though.

1. Explosions in the sky - The Earth is not a Cold Dead place

2. At the Drive-in - Vaya

3. Dusty Rhodes and the River Band - First you Live

4. David Bowie - Hunky Dory

5. The Tallest Man on Earth - Shallow Graves

In no particular order:

Morphine: Yes

Led Zeppelin: II

Tori Amos: Boys for Pele

Storm Large: Ladylike, Side One

Ministry: The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste

Runners up: Neko Case: Middle Cyclone, Andrew Bird: Armchair Apocrypha, Girl Talk: Feed the Animals, Little Feat: Sailin' Shoes

the power of [geekhood] compels me:

"Oh, I'm gonna hit you so hard, your children will be born bruised!" -- Tank Girl

"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later." -- Zoe Washburn

"No, people are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to anymore of them." -- Michel Gerard

"A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun!" -- Willow Rosenberg

1) Pearl Jam - Ten

2) Dave Matthews Band - Under the Table and Dreaming

3) Dave Matthews Band - Before These Crowded Streets

4) Metallica - Master of Puppets

5) The Psychedelic Furs - Forever Now

Metallica and DMB: my kinda eclecticism!

the power of [geekhood] compels me:

"Oh, I'm gonna hit you so hard, your children will be born bruised!" -- Tank Girl

"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later." -- Zoe Washburn

"No, people are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to anymore of them." -- Michel Gerard

"A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun!" -- Willow Rosenberg

Too many are tied up there, so here are just 5 albums that I love and may possibly be in the top 5

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4550[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4551[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4552[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4553[/ATTACH]

(Our Shining Hour)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4554[/ATTACH]

post-7051-13567244427221_thumb.jpg

post-7051-1356724442734_thumb.jpg

post-7051-13567244427458_thumb.jpg

post-7051-13567244427605_thumb.jpg

post-7051-13567244427833_thumb.jpg

"You don't life for be sad, no?"

I approve this.

Too many are tied up there, so here are just 5 albums that I love and may possibly be in the top 5

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4551[/ATTACH]

Oh boy, I bet this is fantastic.

Let's see how divergent I can get here: (in no particular order, these are my current favorite albums, though it'll likely change)

1. "Porgy and Bess" by Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald

2. "The ArchAndroid" by Janelle Monáe

3. "For Lack of a Better Name" by Deadmau5

4. I will echo "Tidal" by Fiona Apple

5. I will echo "Reanimation" by Linkin Park

Also Owl City.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

Don't want/can't list my favorites. There are just too many but i will however list the ones that have influenced me the most. So here they are in no particular order:

From the muddy banks of wishkah - Nirvana

Me and Mr. Johnson - Eric Clapton

Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughan

Use your Illusion - Guns N' Roses

Make Yourself - Incubus

Honorable Mentions:

Metallica (Black), Howlin wolf (Moanin in the Moonlight), Buddy Guy (Damn right i've got the blues), Pantera (101 proof live album), Def leppard (Hysteria), BB king, John Mayer (Where the light is), Eagles (Hell Freezes over), Dire Straits (Brothers in Arms).. ok i give up! I can sit here thinking and typing all day! haha

p.s. My first post here so hi everyone!

Archived