Forums are back in action! ×

What's everyone reading?

Currently reading If I Die in a Combat Zone...then moving onto Mountain of Crumbs. I have been trading for new books to change things up and am liking what I got !

Level 1

0%
0%

Food Goal #1: 5 Servings of Fruits/Veg for 30 Days

13%
13%

Fitness Goal #1: 5000 Steps for 30 Days

3%
3%

Life Goal #1: Keep a Room in Peak Shape for 30 Days

3%
3%

Right now I'm reading "Flinch" by Julien Smith. I heard about this book after finding his blog which I thought was pretty inspirational and a kick in the butt. I have to say it's very similar to "War of Art" or "Turning Pro" by Steven Pressfield. I think he even said that after reading those books he wished he had written them. So it almost feels like the same books but in his words. Overall it's a pretty good book so far, he does have some good points and it was free so I can't complain. I was also reading "The 4 hour Chef" by Tim Ferris which was pretty good overall. It's very random at times but it has some pretty useful stuff.

I'm currently rereading Life of Pi by Yann Martel. It's such a profound and vivid book, and after I saw the movie (which rocked) I just had to read it again. Also, I'm about to start Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut for a research paper.

• Like 1

Race: Book Worm

Level: 1

Profession: Adventurer (with an interest in ranger, assassin, and monk)

STR: 2 / DEX: 2 / STA: 3 /  CON: 3 / WIS: 4 / CHA: 3

Oooh, that's right up my alley. How is it?

I'm only about 10 pages right now. The author pays particular attention to how geography affected history, which I find interesting.

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

I'm currently reading Les Misérables, I feel like saying I'm only up to page 318 because it is a large book (all 1200 pages of it). Lots and lots of detail and lots of stuff (even more than normal) has been left out of the movie. It is like whole chapters have been out of the movie yet some how they still magaged to make a 3 hour movie out of it

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

I'm currently reading Les Misérables, I feel like saying I'm only up to page 318 because it is a large book (all 1200 pages of it). Lots and lots of detail and lots of stuff (even more than normal) has been left out of the movie. It is like whole chapters have been out of the movie yet some how they still magaged to make a 3 hour movie out of it

Would you suggest it? I'm in between reading it before seeing the movie or not reading it at all..:

Finished in February

The Year of the Jackpot            Robert A. Heinlein      
American Gods                          Neil Gaiman         
Invisible on Everest                   Mike Parsons & Mary Rose 
Adobe Lightroom 4 Missing FAQ    Victoria Bampton       
Seed                            Rob Ziegler    

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

Would you suggest it? I'm in between reading it before seeing the movie or not reading it at all..:

I would because I am enjoying it, but I also say only read it if your happy to read 1000+ pages, otherwise just watch the movie

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Just got The ARt of Hojo Undo by Michael Clark in the mail yesterday. It is essentially a book about different exercises that were used in Okinawan Karate before it was imported to Japan and then watered down for mass consumption.

Level 8 Half-Elven Ninja (3 Assassin/5 Monk)

[sTR 15.5] [DEX 13] [CON 10] [sTA 13] [WIS 19] [CHA 9]

"With great power there must also come great responsibility" - Amazing Fantasy #15

"Pressure makes diamonds." - Gen. George S. Patton

about.me/daniel.mccarthy Follow my blog

I'm currently reading 'Out of the Silent Planet' by C.S. Lewis. I have read quite a few of his non-fiction books and have tried to read Narnia in the past. I couldn't stand Narnia but this book is really good so far. I like the characters and the way he writes about some 'typical scifi' things is really surprising. 

Other than that I'm reading a biography on C.S. Lewis (for uni) and 'Follow me' by David Platt.

level 10 wood elf assassin

Intro1st challenge | .... | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | Current @ warriors

The Dark Tower series by Stephen King.

This is the 15th time I've read it since I was 15 years old. I read it at least once a year. O_o

Level 3 - Half-Elf Warrior, STR - 5 | DEX - 1 | STA - 6 | CON - 5.5 | WIS - 3.5 | CHA - 5

I know where I'm going, and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want. ~  Ali

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Been reading a lot lately. Currently reading A Mountain of Crumbs. It is a Russian Memoir by Elena Gorokhova.

Level 1

0%
0%

Food Goal #1: 5 Servings of Fruits/Veg for 30 Days

13%
13%

Fitness Goal #1: 5000 Steps for 30 Days

3%
3%

Life Goal #1: Keep a Room in Peak Shape for 30 Days

3%
3%

Just finished reading the last Ranger's Apprentice book by John Flanagan. Now, reading T.A. Barron's Merlin Series. They're great books!
So far this year have read 32 books (have been a little bored during University holidays) 

Level 1 Wood Elf Assasin

STR 1|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 2

"Knowledge does not grow like a tree where you dig a hole, plant your feet, cover them with dirt, and pour water on them daily. Knowledge grows with time, work, and dedicated effort. It cannot come by any other means." 

-- Ed Parker

I just finished Kafka's The Metamorphosis.  I liked it, I'm glad I read it, but I don't think I ... "got" it.  It's one of the classics, so at least now I won't be totally out of the loop at dinner parties.  :-)

I've started reading She by H. Rider Haggard.  I've been in a Victorian adventure mood lately, so it's scratching that itch so far.

Human Ranger, Level 1Str: 2, Dex: 4, Sta: 2

Con: 2, Wis: 2; Cha: 3

Much like mathematics, Kafka's not really something you "get", you just kind of accept that it is.

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

Currently Reading:

"Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal?"

"Daring Greatly" (Yes, I know the author did a LifeClass with Oprah...)

Just Finished:

"This Machine Kills Secrets" (highly recommended if you're a tech geek and interested in the cypherpunk/hacktivism and other nerdgasm-esque topics)

"It Starts With Food" (re-read, basically Whole30 bible, imo...but still interesting, especially if you're looking for a solid guide to clean eating)

Just purchased the latest, and sadly the last, book in the Wheel of Time series. Going to sit in the sun an start reading it

I hope there's others here as hooked on this series as I am

OMG YES!!! I've been reading it but sadly I don't have a lot of time.  I'm just over halfway through it.  I'm afraid I may cry when it's over.  I've been reading these books for about 11 years now...I'm hooked and I won't know what to do! Sad I know.

Reading The Wheel of Time series. I've been a huge fantasy nerd more or less my entire life, but I never got around to this series until now for some reason. Just finishing up book 5 of 12 this weekend.

I love these books.  There are 14 total now.  There are a few that were a bit dry for me but it's an AMAZING series.

Once I finish A Memory of Light I plan to go to The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus series) then pick up book 3 of the Benny Imura series. 

"Do what I do.  Hold tight and pretend it's a plan." -The Doctor

Nothing is impossible.  The word itself says I'm Possible.