Forums are back in action! ×

LGBTQA and Ally Safe Space

I like "Barsexual" myself, but it offends some at times.

Lol I had never heard that term before.

In my defense I've never made out with (or anything more) a girl at a bar. I'm not a pda person. I'm physically attracted to women (I mean we're soft and pretty how could I NOT be ha!) But almost every experience I've had emotionally with a woman has been negative so it's REALLY hard for me to bond and form a healthy relationship with another female. Doesn't help that for the last two years I've watched my husband get attached to girl after girl and get hurt over and over. Kind of reinforces my instincts to play but not get serious theory.

Makes having friends a bitch though!

• Like 1

Level 10 Wandering Nord

Constitution: 15.5 Strength: 14 Wisdom: 17.5 Stamina: 12.25 Dexterity: 2 Charisma: 8
Current Challenge: Picking Up The Pieces

Thanks everyone for not yelling at me! I probably should have clarified that I was asking to figure out where I stand and not to question anyone else's preferences. I guess for now I'll just stick to "I like you, do you like me? Check Yes or No."

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Thanks everyone for not yelling at me! I probably should have clarified that I was asking to figure out where I stand and not to question anyone else's preferences. I guess for now I'll just stick to "I like you, do you like me? Check Yes or No."

Indeed :)

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

"I like you, do you like me? Check Yes or No."

This is definitely the best way to do it, afterall just cos someone is "into" whichever category you place yourself in does not mean they are into you specifically.

I like to stick to 'queer' as a catch all / who cares sort of response.

Pansexuals are attracted to cooking utensils.

does this explains my love of food?

• Like 2

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

This is definitely the best way to do it, afterall just cos someone is "into" whichever category you place yourself in does not mean they are into you specifically.

I like to stick to 'queer' as a catch all / who cares sort of response.

True. I was thinking more along the lines of "If I say I'm X and I like you but you're not in that category am I lying/wrong/whatever?" I'm in a weird place where I don't care what the label is, I just wish I could find one that fit. Which makes no sense but that's how I roll. 

It's interesting that pretty much everyone had a different set of definitions. I feel like there's a research project buried in there somewhere.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

LIES!!! ALL GAY MEN ARE INTO ME AND TRYING TO CONVERT ME!

... right? Fox News told me that...

• Like 7

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

It's true, they have even gotten doctors to participate in the conversion by initiating you with "prostate exams"!!!!

*cough* conversion tactic *cough* 

because well, it would be horrible for a straight man to be an equal with another man that has different sexuality. Pfft. 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I hate to say it but I've had a number of gay men tell me that I was in denial and not straight. Not ALL but enough to where it's a definite trend.

I just smile and tell them I was born this way and it's not a choice :)

• Like 7

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

I hate to say it but I've had a number of gay men tell me that I was in denial and not straight. Not ALL but enough to where it's a definite trend.

Hah! thats a great response. I can relate. I've had a guy I just hooked up with tell me to leave my wife because I was obviously in denial. 

ColoQ  ||   Level: 0
Techno Troll  ||  Assassin   
=========================
Current Challenge: 0 - V.2
Previous Challenges: ,
--------------------------------------------------
STR 0     ||   DEX 0    ||  STA 0
CON 0     ||    WIS 0    ||  CHA 0
--------------------------------------------------

That's remarkably close-minded and intolerant of you.  :playful:

I just want to go to Canada period, its colder than here and I have never heard anything negative about it....well except that its full of Canadians, but that's a very subjective answer :P i like Canadians :) 

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Yeah, Harper is... uhm... what's the word... "Fucking Evil", that's it. And the current educational dispute is "We're funnelling 7.5 billion into restructuring K-12 for work in coal and LNG, but we're still cutting teacher's pay", which is doing the right things for the most incredibly wrong reasons in the worst possible ways.  

• Like 1

I just want to go to Canada period, its colder than here and I have never heard anything negative about it....well except that its full of Canadians, but that's a very subjective answer :tongue: i like Canadians :)

We won't hold your Florida status against you, come visit!!

We met a Florida native on the cruise who couldn't live any further north because it's too cold; colder than 50F (10C), he doesn't venture outside.

When we arrived in Canaveral on Jan 24, it was 55F early in the morning, cooler than I expected but we still walked the beach in shorts and short sleeves, by the afternoon, it had warmed to 75F and we were in heaven. We texted our sons from Puerto Rico; they told us it was -30C (-22F) at home and we told them it was +31C (88F) where we were, outside, drinking a beer (and Pina colada).

• Like 1

Challenge Logs: Current Challenge 3 2 1 Battlelog

Origin of Name:

FN: Julian -> Jules -> Family Jewels -> Family

LN: Rickards = Canadian brand of Beer -> Beer

Call me "FamilyBeer" (or just Jules)

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/lifestyle/true-believers-one-big-happy-poly-family-n127396

Something that popped up in a FL group. I thought I'd share it here since there are a few poly people in this thread! Yay for positive media coverage :-)

Level 10 Wandering Nord

Constitution: 15.5 Strength: 14 Wisdom: 17.5 Stamina: 12.25 Dexterity: 2 Charisma: 8
Current Challenge: Picking Up The Pieces

I'll be fine and it's been a long time coming

:how I see things:

With all the baby mama drama and other drama that is very prevalent at least in my area I don't see why people have a problem with polyamory. I mean seriously if a couple has no jealousy problems and can share love with multiple people and be in a strong loving familial relationship how is that worse than having 4 kids with 3 different women and not paying child support and/or having your kids see multiple boyfriends come in and out every night to the point that they think it's the norm.

basically, sharing love bad, fucking everything everyone without consequence perfectly acceptable (as long as it's not gay sex lol)

• Like 4

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

With all the baby mama drama and other drama that is very prevalent at least in my area I don't see why people have a problem with polyamory. I mean seriously if a couple has no jealousy problems and can share love with multiple people and be in a strong loving familial relationship how is that worse than having 4 kids with 3 different women and not paying child support and/or having your kids see multiple boyfriends come in and out every night to the point that they think it's the norm.

basically, sharing love bad, fucking everything everyone without consequence perfectly acceptable (as long as it's not gay sex lol)

Glad you'll be fine but it's still tough to go through.  Take care of yourself or let friends take care of you.

Excellent summary.  It does seem so.

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

I'm sorry about the breakup :( but definitely agree with your summary. 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn