Forums are back in action! ×

Real life kicks my can

I haven't even exercised yet, and already I'm sore. I had enough warning, but I ended up doing a major house-tidying over the course of two days. It included de-booking and re-booking one 36"x6' bookcase, doing similar for the equivalent amount of lightweight junk, general scurrying around, sweeping... I took breaks, but that I was still winded by a decent day of light physical work (plus my weight) means that I am too sedentary. Spending too long at a computer perched on top of a half-height filing cabinet is probably the other half of my pains. (There is lack of ergonomics and then there is WTF.)

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

I haven't even exercised yet, and already I'm sore. I had enough warning, but I ended up doing a major house-tidying over the course of two days. It included de-booking and re-booking one 36"x6' bookcase, doing similar for the equivalent amount of lightweight junk, general scurrying around, sweeping... I took breaks, but that I was still winded by a decent day of light physical work (plus my weight) means that I am too sedentary. Spending too long at a computer perched on top of a half-height filing cabinet is probably the other half of my pains. (There is lack of ergonomics and then there is WTF.)

I can dig what your saying..my life is tres sedentary as well.....I work from home, and can flop on the couch 20 seconds after I log out from work. Decided to join because I am worrying about my general lack of stamina and feeling like poop. Youthfully I was into gymnastics and always on the go. Now I'm 49, single and surf Facebook every night. Things need to change!! We can do this!!

Hi Kelekona! I think you've got a great start by cleaning up around your place! I've found that a clean room is way more motivating to work out in that a yucky cluttered one! You've inspired me to clean my room tonight! You shouldn't beat yourself up too much about being tired from cleaning though, you just need to remember that simply by taking that step to clean up you are already lapping everyone who is still sitting on their couches! Baby steps! Maybe a good reward for reaching a lifestyle goal would be to invest in a real chair for your computer desk. Just some thoughts. Welcome to the team and go you for taking that first step!

@19Firebird68 - I know you can do it! :D :D :D

arcticMaiden the Unshakeable

Arctic Adventurer - Level 3
Epic Quest || Travel Blog || Challenge 1 || Challenge 2 || Current Challenge

STR: 8 / DEX: 7 / STA: 9 / CON: 9 / WIS: 6 / CHA: 6

artic, belive me, I had to invest in a good chair. The last one's weak point was in the middle of a part, I I'm about 100 lbs over what it was rated for. I got thrown rather impressively when it failed, too.

It's the lack of proper desk that's probably hurting me. I'll think I'll try using the drafting table as a desk again, it should work better now that I'm not trying to put two 17"CRT on it.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Archived