Forums are back in action! ×

Structuring day to day life?

Ghost

(Be warned, this post is long, boring, and pretty much just me asking for heaps of help)

24 Hours a day, but I don't really know what to do with them.

Here is a current day. (I don't lead a very exciting life)

- 7:30 am: Wake Up, shamble into the shower and have breakfast.

- 8:30 am: Go to school.

- 8:30-3:30 pm: SCHOOL TIME.

- 3:30 pm-10:30 pm: Duhhhhhhhhhhh *brain goes into a mush*

REPEAT FOR FORESEEABLE FUTURE

I don't know about you, but something needs to change.

Some of you have probably seen me talking about this subject before, and I came to the conclusion that I need a daily plan.

But I don't really have a plan, that's the problem.

I have everything I need to incorporate into a plan, but I just don't tend to stick to things when I come up with them in my head.

If someone was to make a plan for me and say, "Here is your plan, follow it and awesome will happen" I think I would stick to it.

What I need to incorporate is the following.

• Morning workouts
  • Khan Academy (Maths)
  • Codecademy (Programming)
  • Duolingo (French)
  • Memrise (French)
  • Gaming Time
  • Internet Time
  • School (school)

I'm pretty much asking for someone to just make me a routine for my daily life.

Even a basic one, and as more things appear I can change according to priority.

Just asking questions and the like might help me piece together something.

But yeah, if you've managed to read this you are a true rebel.

Feel free to ask questions and the like. Thanks and sorry for putting you through this :D

I'm pretty much asking for someone to just make me a routine for my daily life.

Even a basic one, and as more things appear I can change according to priority.

Just asking questions and the like might help me piece together something.

Sorry pal part of growing up is figuring somethings out for yourself people here will help you but the only routines others will make you follow is the military, prison, or a bad wife. One of these things can be good for you I'll let you guess which one.

Race: Mul (Dark Sun, AD&D)

Profession: Battle Monk

Level:1

Str/4 Dex/3 Con/4 Wis/2 Cha/2

After a whole lot of life experience, I still don't have a system that works for me every day. General strategy is to set priorities and then aim to do the most important things first and let the others slide if the day gets busy. Workouts (usually morning) actually get rated highest in my book -- other than things that will REALLY get me in trouble if undone. Being fit will impact your life and the quality of you life until you die - that's why I place it so high.

When I'm honest with myself, gaming gets placed last (unless I signed up for a raid or something ....) and often does not get done.

That's generally how I tackle it. There are many systems that try to help you manage an increasingly busy life (like Getting Things Done or Zen to Done). I find that if I need to reach for those - I'm too busy.

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Hey - I'm willing to give it a try. I couldn't figure out how to organize & schedule myself until someone sat down with me and helped me figure it out.

So - before I start, a few questions:

(1) Can you allocate time to each of those things above? How long does the Khan Academy work take you? How much time do you want/plan to spend on the internet?

(2) Do you have free time at school? How much?

(3) Other than what you've listed (math, programming, french), do you have homework?

(4) Are you preparing your own meals, or is someone preparing them for you?

Thanks!

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

The areas I see are going to bed a bit earlier and rising earlier. Try getting yourself to bed about 30 minutes earlier and rising at 7:00AM. Put your alarm across the room so you don't snooze. If you wake up sooner and get that workout in, you're going to feel better throughout the day. The stuff in the afternoon after school is up to you. You're going to have to grin and bear it and muscle through that part of the day.

Lvl 3 Shifter Monk

(STR:5.75) (DEX:5) (STA:5.25) (CON:9) (WIS:11.5) (CHA:4.8)

Live Just and Fear Not

Latest Challenge: Cleaning Up the Temple

Hey - I'm willing to give it a try. I couldn't figure out how to organize & schedule myself until someone sat down with me and helped me figure it out.

So - before I start, a few questions:

(1) Can you allocate time to each of those things above? How long does the Khan Academy work take you? How much time do you want/plan to spend on the internet?

(2) Do you have free time at school? How much?

(3) Other than what you've listed (math, programming, french), do you have homework?

(4) Are you preparing your own meals, or is someone preparing them for you?

Thanks!

Awesome. Okay then.

1) Each segment of learning (Khan, Code, Memrise, and Duolingo) should be about 30 min. The internet time should be about 15- 30min, and should be used as breaks. And game time will almost have to be an hour long. (I only play when my friends are on, one game takes 40min-ish)

Morning workout will be about 15 minutes.

2) Lunch Time is half an hour, and I don't eat then. I use my laptop to do things then.

3) No homework, barring the occasional assignment which I do during (2).

4) Someone else prepares my food lately, but breakfast is usually my responsibility. If I wake up on time ;)

Need any more information?

And yes Ulsted, I need to wake up earlier. Grin and bear the cold, get some exercise done.

They say usually 4:30 pm, we are all on then.

But if I need to I can give an ultimatum which will cause them to switch.

But yes, 4:30 pm is the likely time.

Also, I might just have to take you up on that offer Avistew.

Once I think I have a grasp on the language of course, I don't like making a fool of myself especially in front of others.

Let's see, school, morning workout, and gaming seem to have non-negotiable times. Pretty much set a rule for your buddies that you have to be done by a certain time or you're bailing on them. Figure out when the most affective time for internet is: 15-minute blocks in-between your self-guided studies, end of the evening, before gaming?

For the rest, put the two Frenches and your other studies on a set of cards, then randomly draw them and see if doing each for a set period works. If not, adjust it.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

honestly i am in the same boat. i was in the military for 5 years and had a bad wife untill recently .... so basically i am 27 and trying organize my life and kinda lost at it. for the past 8 years i had no control of my life.

lvl 1Half Orc Ranger

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | CON: 4 | STA: 1 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are Rangers.

We walk in the dark places no others will enter.

We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

First Challenge

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?17992-Shagy-s-Pull-head-out-of-_______

Okay, my notes:

- 7:30 am: Wake Up, shamble into the shower and have breakfast.

- 8:30 am: Go to school.

- 8:30-3:30 pm: SCHOOL TIME.

- 3:30 pm-10:30 pm: Duhhhhhhhhhhh *brain goes into a mush*

What I need to incorporate is the following.

• Morning workouts
  • Khan Academy (Maths) -- 30 min
  • Codecademy (Programming) -- 30 min
  • Duolingo (French) -- 30 min
  • Memrise (French) -- 30 min
  • Gaming Time -- 1 hr, at 4:30
  • Internet Time -- abt. 15-30 min.
  • School (school)

Your day:

7:30 Wake up, shower, get ready for school

8:30 to 3:30 - go to school, be at school

3:30 get home

3:30-3:45: settle in at home (light snack? bathroom? say hi to housemates? whatever)

3:45-4:15: warmup, and part of Angry Birds or other workout

4:15-4:25: cool-down, stretch, whatever and get ready for gaming time

4:30-5:30: gaming time

5:30-5:45: Work on subject A

5:45-5:50: Internet break

5:50-6:05: Work on subject B

6:05-6:10: Internet break

6:10-6:25: Work on subject A

6:25-6:30: Internet break

6:30-6:45: Work on subject B

6:45-7:30: Dinner & socializing

7:30-7:45: Work on subject C

7:45-7:50: Workout break (bit of Angry Birds or other workout)

7:50-8:05: Work on subject D

8:05-8:10: Workout break

8:10-8:25: Work on subject C

8:25-8:30: Workout break

8:30-8:45: Work on subject D

8:45 to 10:30 -- mushy brain time, TV time, additional internet time, socializing time, whatever.

The theory here is that you're doing your work in fifteen-minute increments, so you can honestly set a timer and FOCUS for those 15 minutes. C'mon - you can do anything for fifteen minutes, right? And then you break up your internet and workout time around your studying time. Also, you alternate subjects to give your brain a break from each one.

Thoughts? This is just what would work for me if I were in your shoes, but you may not find that it works for you.

Also, if you have trouble waking up in the morning, I would hesitate to add a workout to your morning - from personal experience, it's no easier to wake up early to do a workout than it is to do anything else, and MUCH easier to say "I'll do it after school" about a workout than it is to mentally reschedule something like arriving at school for a class.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Archived