Forums are back in action! ×

Populating...

Hi everyone, I'm Michelle, I'm 32, from Southwestern Washington. I work full-time, I'm a Registered Health Information Technician, and if you don't know what that is, don't feel bad. Really only those in my field do. Basicly I work with medical records, and right now I do that in the largest prison in Washington State. Yep, I meet with criminals and help them interpret their records. What can I say...? I got into this job for the glamour. (If you couldn't tell, I speak fluent sarcasm.)

I have two kids, a ten year old boy and a just-turned-one year old girl. Throughout my young adult years I wanted to join the military, but my weight always stopped me. I have always been heavy. But I was recently informed that the max enlistment age for the Army is 34. I have a year and a half to do it or I will never have the opportunity. That's a strong motivator.

I wasn't allowed to play video games as a kid, so I don't have the history and nostalgia that many gamers do, but my boyfriend is a consummate gamer and he got me hooked on MMOs. Right now I play Everquest II on the Antonia Bayle server. If you are there and want to meet up, send me a note. I have to admit, when I foud this site almost a week ago I cried a little, sweet tears of joy. I have never seen a community so in line with what I believe in. For instance: Getting in shape as naturally as possible with an emphasis on body weight training. No gym for me. That is the kind of training I need to do to pass the Physical test for the Army. I'm all about functional fitness. I guess that puts me in the Ranger guild. Still not entirely sure how that works here on this site, but I'm eager to explore it and learn. I would also like to do some martial arts and actually, parkour looks like a lot of fun, but I just don't have the time right now.

But anyway, I'm super-motivated and encouraging and I'm looking forward to being very active here while I level up my life! Hope to see you along the way.

Well, when my hubby went in to the Navy, I think the recruiters had a pre-BC workout group. They also took in people who were too heavy and wouldn't let them out of bootcamp until they were in the right physical shape.

It can't hurt to talk to a recruiter this month about what you want to do.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

I've had friends who relatively recently enlisted (Navy and Army) and wanted to chime in that Kelekona's advice is solid about starting to work with a recruiter now rather than later. I'm pretty sure my buddies appreciated the regular workouts set up with them. However, whatever you can do before bootcamp is a great idea. The weight loss in bootcamp is under extreme duress: food intake can be below what your body needs, very little sleep, and with people who may not be supportive. And the hold they put on the people not meeting physical standards by the end of bootcamp is not great and pretty stressful - much better to avoid it altogether.

Welcome! Look forward to seeing you around!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Miz Ibbli-Bibbli-Boo

Level 1 | Selkie Adventurer

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 2 | CHA 4

Fitocracy | Battle Log | Challenge

I force myself to laugh at everything, for fear of having to cry. ~ Pierre de Beaumarchais

Well, I can relate to your children! My Sister and I were born 12 years apart. My Fiance is going to school for Medical Assisting which sounds like its very much in line with what you do at work. Im glad youve enjoyed the site and Im sure the more you poke around the more you will find exactly what you are looking for. Good luck with your goals and with your fitness tests!

Wandering WarriorLevel 4- STR: 7.5 | DEX: 1 | CON: 7 | STA: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 4.25"Your future is created by what you do TODAY, not tomorrow"

Battle Log | Fitocracy

Lifting Goals: Squats - 545 | Bench - 410 | Deads - 585 

Archived